“adventure is on dirt road” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #137 of 194 Activities in Miami
Type: Off road/All Terrain Vehicle Trails, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Adventure begins here as we take you and your family on the experience of a lifetime! Hop in one of our Hummer H2's along with one of our trained professional Everglades Adventurist. Explore South Florida's most popular attraction and the world famous national park: "THE FLORIDA EVERGLADES". We will take you on the only luxury adventure of the Everglades, We operate the only off-road adventure with leather seats, and Air Conditioning! During your ride from the pick-up point to the Everglades you will see videos to inform you on the Eco-System and Wildlife you are about to discover. So sit back, relax, and be prepared to be amazed as we bring the Discovery channel to life!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“adventure is on dirt road”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

If you call a drive along side sw 8th street on a dirt road an "adventure" then fine,but i sure don't.No off roading at all and we didn't go "into" the Everglades at all.For the cost,i consider this a rip off.No dvd was played,no lunch was provided.

Visited February 2011

“So many gators and alot of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011 via mobile

Had alot of fun with.the.friends. there airboats are am!zing

“Best in Miami and great with the baby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011 via mobile

We booked a few trips I town and really wanted to do something in the Everglades. By far this was the best thing we did in all miami. They picked us up right from our condo in North Miami Beach and drove us to the Everglades all day in a nice comfy air conditioned hummer. A huge requirement trust me it's hot out there and alot of bugs. They guide wad awesome he was younger But took so much care of my 2 year old, put him in and out of the car seat and everything. At end of tour he gave my son a souvenir for free. I did see him using a phone But its hin GPS so they dont get lost in the envergases never saw him use for anything else. He was a very safe driver and you would have nothing to worry about. Do it u won't regret it

Ocala, Florida
“Hummer Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

This was one of the best expirience for me and my family. I had no idea that the hummers were able to do what this hummer did in our tour. I would recommend that when you visit Miami, you take a ride to the Everglades and take a tour. The staff were so polite and answered all of our questions.

Visited May 2011
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Very poor value, complete con to be honest!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

This tour promised to be a luxury, 6 hour long version of all the standard 'tourist' tours (as their website puts it). Well, it was anything but. There was a review with similar problems to me on Trip Advisor, saying what bad value this was. The company denied that their tour boat was a cheap tourist one costing $23 that they didn't own...well, I can confirm that we were literally given a ticket for a cheap tourist boat costing $23 instead of the deluxe exerience we were promised! Coincidence?

There was supposed to be a 4 hour Hummer adventure, which was actually about 45 minutes spent on roads, 20 minutes spent at a gift shop (which nobody really wanted to go to) and 30 minutes driving very very slowly down a track for a few hundred metres, turning round and going back to the road. We saw two tracks. Excellent. Great adventure!

On the way back, with 6 people and him in the car, our very young driver was playing with his phone whilst driving. With a young child in the back of the car.

Then the boat...as I said, we were just dumped a place where they sold $23 boat rides and given a ticket. It was OK, maybe worth $23, but not what was offered on their website. It was barely half an hour long and there were 20-odd people on the boat. In fact, it was everything their website said it wasn't.

The last people to put this in their trip advisor review got told in a response by Hummer Tours that this 'can't be true'...if anybody doubts it please email me and I will gladly send you photos of the whole experience!

Oh, let's not forget, we were told that because we had booked through Groupon, the complementary hotel pickup was not available.

Groupon, however, were great; gave us our money back straight away.

Just don't waste a day of your holiday and certainly not $349 with these cowboys.

Visited April 2011
EvergladesHummer, Director of Sales at Everglades Hummer Adventures, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
You have to understand this was a special tour purchased through Groupon at a rate of $149. As you can see through everyone who purchased through us have nothing but 5 star reviews. We promise and Guarantee if you book a trip with us at full price and it is not 100% private we will refund the entire trip.

Been to Everglades Hummer Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Everglades Hummer Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.