“There is a line for a reason” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Camaronera Fish Market

La Camaronera Fish Market
1952 W Flagler St, Little Havana, Miami, FL 33135 (Little Havana)
+1 305-642-3322
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“There is a line for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place is ridiculously good...I must admit, at first I was leery, but after I took a bite of my fried shrimp I was SOLD! My taste buds were doing the happy dance in mouth! The batter they used for the shrimp couldn’t be compared to anything I’ve ever tasted before. I am not one to eat fried food BUT this is a winner in my book. The snapper sandwich is also very good, I suggest you try it :)
Be prepared to mingle amongst your counter neighbors since this place is small and there is no seating available (yet…seems like they are expanding). The environment is very friendly and upbeat

TIP: Parking is a pain in the butt, you might have to circle around a few times to get a spot. Don't let this discourage you since it is totally worth it.
Also, this place only takes cash. I did see that they had an ATM machine inside in case you need it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
New Haven, Connecticut
“Dining Room coming soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hey, what a lot of fun.

Had the snapper sandwich which was huge for $5.00. The fried shrimps were quite good as well, although together they left me with little room for the tostones.

The dining room expansion can't be far away, and my guess is they start serving beer and wine.

And although they don't sell hats and t-shirts, (they should), one of the managers hooked me up with one of their baseball caps for $20.

Don't expect too, too much, but this place was cool, either for friends, a date, or family.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
herndon
“Great fresh seafood...stand up and eat stall..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My son and husband ate a snapper sandwich and a sweet and sour seafood plate with shrimp, fish and squid. They absolutely loved the food. It took us a few minutes to make eye contact with an english speaking waiter and he helped us through the menu. The sauces they had were to die for. The owner (or manager) checked on us twice and told us about their home made hot sauce. Not your normal sit-down average dine-in restaurant. My son could sit on the counter and eat his food though. Not very far from Miami international airport.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vienna
“I usually don't eat fried food, but this was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

First we felt a little bit lost, when we entered the place: it was very busy, there is just a bar where everyone is standing, and nobody takes notice of people entering the place.

However, we found a spot at the bar and after making first contact with one of the waiters, we were served well and swiftly, trying several different dishes until we were full.

The style of this kitchen is easily described: take anything fresh out of the sea and deep fry it. Although we usually don't like deep fried food, we enjoyed everything we tried at this restaurant. It is definitely not a place, where we would go regularly, but even if you are generally looking after healthy food, this place is definitely worth dropping your general rules.

Don't expect a cozy restaurant where you can sit and relax. This is a busy place, where you fetch your food from the bar and eat directly at the counter or while standing at small tables that are mounted along the walls.

However, service is very attentive and friendly. I visited with my wife and two small kids, who we could sit on the counter. Before we left, the owner of the restaurant chatted with us, everyone was very friendly.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pembroke Pines
“Yummy seafood, authentic atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Seafood is always fresh and delicious. My favorite is the fried shrimp, I like it so much that I can never order anything else. Its a little hidden and no seating, but the food is worth it. Great stop if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2012