“Highly recommend this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Urbano
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #42 of 115 Hotels in Miami
“Highly recommend this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I stayed at this same building back in 2001 when it was another chain. I only remembered it's favorable location and nice neighborhood from that trip. So when I was in town recently looking for somewhere to stay near downtown, I decided to see if the old place was still around.

Thankfully, that "old" place is history and the "new" Urbano is here. Wow! What a difference!

I walk up to the lobby and I am greeted by a friendly doorman. As I enter and take in a decor that is modern and high class, I notice the various pieces of art on the walls. Sculptures greet you entering the swimming pool and patio area. There is fine art placed throughout the hotel and a visual feast awaits your discovery.

The feast for your appetite is also taken care of with a fantastic complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner!! Just leave a nice tip for your server. Food quality was outstanding by the way.

Parking is an additional fee but it's valet service and you can come and go as you wish. Very convenient.

The room we stayed in had fast Internet, lots of channels on an LG 42" plasma flat screen HD TV, a kingsize comfortable bed, terrazo floor in the large walk in shower, safe, closet space, iron, radio phone, desk, open balcony, nice carpet with modern design, etc.

Best of all, the price we paid for this gem, including parking, was almost a hundred dollars less than all the hotels in the area we researched in advance!!

The staff is nice, efficient and attentive. The entire experience was top notch and I would easily recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Five out of five stars!!

Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We're so glad to hear that you had a good experience...we hope to see you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Hotel is newly remodeled and has a very modern feel. Art is located everywhere and is beautiful. Rooms were of good size, very clean, and had free internet. Business center had computers and free internet as well. We received all meals for free as part of a promotion and the food was simply amazing! All meals were of top quality and delicious. Staff was exceptional.
The only bad part of this hotel is it is not located in close walking proximity to shops. If you have transportation or wish to take a taxi, it's just a short drive to many places such as Coconut Grove, downtown miami, Airport, etc. Located in a nice neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

They let us book in early as we were coming off a cruise ship at 8:30am. The Hotel had opened the month prior to our stay & everthing was crisp & clean. The pool area is gorgeous & relaxing with loungers, couchs & patio tables & chairs. We were served lunch (amazing) under one of the cabanas. The food was wonderful with a pretty good selection of wines. Good sports in the lounge that evening, they put the hockey game on for us. We were not quiet. Mark at the bar was fun. Had a great stay & would recommend the Hotel Urbano to anyone. Shannon, Ontario , Canada

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us - we appreciate it and hope that next time you are in the Miami area we will see you again!
Liberia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I stayed one night at this newly opened hotel on Brickell. The hotel has been renovated into a South Beach, urban oasis. The pool area is very nice, the lobby bartender very friendly. My room was nice. Comfortable bed, clean bath, great flat screen TV and internet.

Overall, a nice experience, and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
phil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I was in Miami for work and flight was cancelled due to weather on East Coast. I needed to find a new hotel. It was the weekend of the boat show and most hotels were sold out or waaaaay overpriced. A local friend mentioned "urbano". I checked it out and called. They could not have been friendlier from my very first encounter. The reservations person told me to book on-line to get the best deal and so I did. I was at Urbano for 2 nights and had a lovely stay. I felt like I was family. I spend a fair amount of time in Miami for work and this hotel is convenient for driving and you can walk to places downtown and Mary Brickell square, (if you are used to walking places.) It is intimate and very clean-it helps that it is brand new. The staff was extremely friendly and could not wait to be helpful without being annoying. The pool area is cute but I did think the pool was a little cold in terms of temp. The restaurant/bar is in the lobby and is comfortable. Bar space is limited but restaurant is good size for hotel. I recommend for business or personal travel based on the excellent attitude of the Urbano staff!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Hotel Urbano I would most definietly recommend to any travelers looking for a relaxing and cool getaway. My friends and I were very impressed with the remodel of the Hotel and all the art work. The staff makes sure your needs are met and satisfied and were very friendly. The food was delicious especially considering that we were able to try most of the items because the hotel was offering free food the entire weekend (amazing). Its right next to Crandon Beach and a few block from Downtown. The pool lounge is intimate and cozy with the bar right next to it and very clean. Hotel Urbano was great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Well when I walked in I was instantly welcome by Inay (front desk) greeting me with a warm smile she checked me in. The hotel is beautiful full of potential and color. The room i had was alittle small but not enough to change this great exprience. Great location its near coconut grove, downtown, and key biscayne. Bistro Urbano was amazing!!!!!!!! The best thing about the hotel is the service the entire staff is helpful. I had an issuse with the phone and Bryant (also front desk) helped me he was so nice and smart. The only bad thing is the size of the room and the room smelled alittle like paint but then again it is a new hotel. Bravo Hotel Urbano and your great service!

I would also thank Inay, Bryant, and Evan