“Great place to relax” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

After searching for a hotel in Miami beach I decided to go with Hotel Urbano. I thought the location was going to be a hurdle for me, but I actually really enjoyed the area. It's a 12 min walk to Vizcaya Gardens, which is a must see. Its a 20 min walk to Brickell Village/Downtown Financial District where there are a variety of cute restaurants and shops, and a 5 min cab ride to little havana. If you aren't into walking you can hop on the trolley for free to get to downtown and Vizcaya Gardens. If you do not have a car, expect to pay an arm and a leg to get to and from Miami Beach and the airport.
Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room was cozy and clean. Pool was clean and a relaxing spot to soak up some sun. My only disappointment was the non-working flat screen tv in my room. I was looking forward to indulging in some late night trash tv, but wasn't able. Front desk said they would look into it. I guess that meant "look into it" after I checked out, because it never worked. Overall I would recommend Hotel Urbano if you are looking for a more laid back type of a Miami experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Urbano33129, Sales Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for the recommendation! We apologize for the tv troubles- if you plan on visiting Miami again we hope to make your next stay a flawless one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is a few miles from South beach best to have car, but it is a gem!!! Clean, modern, & Chic. Pool area is wonderful! Hotel staff friendly, great valet service never waited long for car, super fast check in. Room comfortable. Not many restauraunts close by. Hotel offers a tasty grill & cofee in room. Came here with best friend and we are VERY PICKY!! But this exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Sales Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
We're so glad our boutique and chic art hotel exceeded your expectations! On your next visit we'd love to recommend the free Brickell trolley to explore downtown Miami and restaurants. There's so many to choose from nearby! If you find your travel plans coming to Miami please feel free to reach us directly at sales@hotelurbanomiami.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Are you serious...a hotel that has a system to shut off the a/c when you leave the room and won't go below 70 degrees at all? It's Miami in July it's 100 degrees. Isnt that part of what you pay for? I was so hot I couldn't sleep. The breakfast was fabulous. The service was great. But don't order drinks by the pool $15 each! Parking was 30 per night as well. Ugh. Just totally not worth it.

• Stayed July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We're sorry to hear our a/c kept you up but are glad you enjoyed our Bistro and guest service. I hope overall you enjoyed your stay at our little art hotel.
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is an older property, but in a great location. It was the first hotel we ever took our dogs to, so a new experience> The staff was friendly. For a dog friendly hotel, very little grass for them to do their business. Overall, good experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the review! We're glad you were able to spend time with your pups at our boutique hotel. We'd love to welcome them back soon!
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was a girl's weekend for a friend and I and we wanted to be close but not too close to downtown. It was perfect! We were able to ride the trolley for free and walk to Viscaya. This was important because even though I loved the location and the hotel the parking fee was a shock. I understand that parking is at a premium in Miami but just be prepared it is $24 + taxes. The hotel was CLEAN and modern and the beds were super comfy! The pool area was gorgeous with the water and fire features. I too took advantage of the Florida Resident's Special, check out their website for options.

Room Tip: Top floor overlooking the pool had great views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Hotel Urbano for your girl's weekend! We're so glad you enjoyed our pool area and the Brickell trolley. If you find yourself in the area again please feel free to contact us directly at sales@hotelurbanomiami.com
Naples, Florida USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Hotel Urbano is a winner: Well situated downtown and near the Key Biscayne Causeway, bright and modern, small yet intimate amenities, decent bar, terrific service, reasonable price, and 2-fer in that it is not only a hotel but also a gallery for contemporary local artwork.

We paid a rock bottom, Florida resident rate for our one night stay. The room had crisp linens, and a clean bathroom. It was amusing to see the labor saving (read cost effective) details for management. e.g., Only one wastebasket, and disposable coffee cups. But there was complimentary toiletries, in-room coffee, black out drapes, and a balcony that overlooked the pool.

We enjoyed a sunset, happy hour cocktail by the amoeba shaped pool Towels are provided by the concierge at the front desk. Later that night, the fire pit provided an atmospheric place to wind down. Unlike some properties, the pool does not close. The ambiance is lovely, and well respected by the guess. The hotel surrounds the courtyard, and a decent air conditioned exercise room on the floor above the lobby also overlooks the pool area.

We had a speedy check-out, receiving a printout under the door that was very efficient. Staff was terrific and cordial. Shout out to Martine and Elizabeth for their very professional and attentive service. Because artwork is changed out several times a year, we were shown favorite and not so favorite artists. Just ask.

Mandatory valet might be annoying to some, but for $24 a night plus valet tip, there are unlimited in and out privileges. The convenience is well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for Balcony Room with pool view rather than city view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Your lovely, detailed review of your recent stay with us made our day! We're so happy that you found our art collection to be interesting - it's great! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!
Jensen Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We live 100 mile north of the Hotel Urbano so I am familiar with Miami and the Beach area. I have stayed at a few places in Miami and on the Beach over the years. We had a wedding ceremony almost within walking distance from the Hotel Urbano so it was suggested that we stay close by and made reservations a month in advance. I had a meeting in Coconut Grove 2 weeks before our wedding and decided to drive by the Urbano on the way to the Grove to check it out. I was not impressed by the facade that faced the street and thought that maybe I should book at the Marriot up the street as I had stayed there in the past but I was on a budget and so I stayed the course. On check-in day I called first to see if we could we check-in very early which for us was allowed. I wish I didn't have to pay for parking but it seems to be the norm everywhere but show me what I get besides a parking space. The attendants were great with excellent service from 3 different attendants over the period of my stay. They could not have been more pleasant and accommodating and I tipped them ten dollars when I left I was so satisfied as they went above and beyond just providing a parking space. So now check-in, inside the hotel is very South Beach energy. Bright, colorful, contemporary. Katrina behind the front desk was very pleasant at check-in and the 2 rooms we booked were better than I had expected. I was fully aware of how much I could have spent at larger hotels so at the price point we were at the accommodations were better than I anticipated. The room was bright, reasonable size, clean and comfortable. Now if you want the city or water view it is definitely available but for a price. I'm the type of traveler who does not spend much time in the room, but I want a clean room, big bed, nice gym, a pool, restaurant, Wi-Fi etc. and Hotel Urbano had it all. Whenever I was in contact with personal I was greeted by name, upon returning after my function I was asked all about the wedding by the staff and I realized I was getting 5 star service at a small hotel. When checking out I talked to the manager on the way down the elevator and explained I could have stayed at a larger more expensive hotel and be the small fish in a the big pond but I really felt that being in a 65 room hotel I really felt like an I was an important guest. We all know you get what you expect, here at the Urbano I did not expect much and I got way much more. I would definitely stay here again and I do recommend this hotel to those that have the right frame of mind for a small boutique hotel.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool is best if that's what you like,
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a thoughtful and kind review - we appreciate it! We agree that often times boutique hotels deliver an experience and service level that's unexpected by the guest....adding to the charm! Next time you are back in Miami please feel free to drop us a line and we will be happy to assist with your reservation sales@htoelurbanomiami.com

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!