“very nice hotel with a few quirks” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 129 hotels in Miami
Ithaca, New York
“very nice hotel with a few quirks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

What I really loved about Hotel Urbano is the artwork surrounding you, and the ultra-friendliness of the staff. Everyone, from manager to valet, were ultra friendly and accommodating. Their are a few quirks that kept it from being an excellent stay, mostly the fact that the valet service never really knew what room we were staying in; each time we asked for the car, it was an adventure seeing how long it took them to find the right one. I am not sure why this wasn't fixed the first time around. With a large parking lot out back, I am not sure why they can not include the parking as part of your stay. I liked our location, as it was an easy free trolley ride to Brickell village, and so close to little Havana and key Biscayne, but nothing is in walking distance, so I wouldn't stay here without a car.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thanks so much for your review - we're very happy to her you found our staff friendly and accommodating and the location to be a great on for your visit. I will pass along your notes about the confusion with your car to the valet manager and see if we can work on that. WE hope to see you again soon!

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on a recent business trip.My accommodations had been booked by the company I was going to be working for the following day as an independent contractor. I was not prepared for the luxury of this hotel, as my previous accommodations at other hotels that have been booked for me we're just mediocre.I was greeted for valet parking when I pulled up. My bags were carried in for me.Check in was quick and easy. My room was large and spaceous,stocked with personal amenities in the bathroom including a gorgeous white terry cloth robe!
I had dinner outside by the pool. It had a Arabian nights feel to it with the surrounding cabanas with plush seating, gorgeous wall waterfall, and flaming fiery pit.The food and service were excellent and the atmosphere was just to die for!
Nelson at the front desk was extremely helpful to me.We struck up a conversation and I discovered he was from Colombia.I had a trip planned to Columbia for a medical mission trip and Nelson share tons of valuable information with me.He even called his mother to get the name of a couple of shops for me.I will always appreciate to the extent he went to help me.
For outstanding services and personal care that I received, the atmosphere and cleanliness of this hotel in my book it gets a five star!

with my bag

• Stayed July 2013
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Wow - what a fantastic review! We're so glad you had such an amazing experience....especially having dinner outside by the pool and fire pit - it's such a great space! Nelson is a great asset to the team and we will certainly pass along your kind words and praises.
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was here for 4 days on a business trip and overall the hotel is great. The rooms are very beautiful and clean. The staff is friendly and the room service works very well. You also have to try the french toast and fresh fruit for breakfast (yumm, yumm!).

However, there is absolutely no shops or restaurants near this hotel, it's awful! Since I was on business I had a car picking me up and dropping me off (thankfully), but the one day I had off and wanted to go for a bit of shopping everything was so far. The closest mall is about 30min away and taxis are pricey in Miami, I ended up renting a car, but that is not really convenient. If you are looking for something with a bit of life close to you, this is not your hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your feedback - we're delighted to hear you really enjoyed the hotel and the food at our Bistro! Regarding the local area - perhaps next time you visit us you will have a chance to visit Mary Brickell Village, which is just a few blocks away and has several shops, bars, and restaurant options. You are able to take the free Brickell trolley directly from the front of the hotel to this area as well.
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here before a cruise and loved this hotel. Staff was excellent and extremely helpful. Close to the trolley and close to the cruise terminal. We will stay there again if we go back to Miami.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street and was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We hope you had a lovely cruise and that you'll visit us again soon! Thanks so much for your review - we appreciate it!
Hamtramck, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My Mom and I just needed a one-night stay the night before our cruise out of Miami. This was an excellent choice. The room was great and the staff was very pleasant and responsive. There aren't any restaurants or stores in the area, so the local trolley was a godsend. We took a ride up to Bayside, where we had a great meal and went sightseeing through Downtown Miami.

Before we checked out, there was a billing problem with the room. But once I called my travel company, the Hotel Urbano staff resolved everything within minutes. All in all, it was a great hotel and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We're so happy you took the time to review your stay with us - we really appreciate your feedback! Glad to hear you had a chance to try out the Brickell Trolley....its a lot of fun, isn't it?! Travel safely and we hope to see you again soon!
Fircrest, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Booked through "Hotels Tonight" app right off of my cruise.From port to door was 15 $ . Interior is modern chic with full bar and really decent bistro resturant. I originally only booked for one night but after staying that night I booked 2 more. Great staff walked me through the free trolly system and mono rail to light rail system back to Fort Laud airport for less than 20 $.
A+ stay for location and accomodations and staff

• Stayed December 2013
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay! We're so glad that you found us last minute on Hotel Tonight and loved our little hotel - come back and visit us again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Urbano for a family event and enjoyed the stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and the pool area was a plus. I stayed in a corner room (may be considered a suite) which provided ample room for my family. My one criticism of the hotel was the required valet parking. There is clearly a lot behind the hotel and they should make self parking available to those that want it. Other than that, I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us and are so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel! Travel safely and we hope to welcome you and your family again soon!

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!