“Great Vacation at Hotel Urbano” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Sayreville
“Great Vacation at Hotel Urbano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Urbano in September and had a fantastic time...The service was excellent , the Hotel was very clean , staff was friendly & helpful .Food was tasty we had breakfast there several days and the server was very pleasant . I can highly recommend this Hotel .....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us - we appreciate it! So glad to hear you loved our little hotel - especially the breakfast! Please let us know if you are traveling in the area again, we'd be happy to assist with your reservations - sales@hotelurbanomiami.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a message regarding the excellent treatment I received from your staff and in particular, Nelson! I came into the hotel in a bad and desperate situation and Nelson helped me from start to finish. He communicated with my sister on the phone back in England and made sure everything was ok. I was in a bit of trouble anyway and Nelson talked to my sister in a very nice and reassuring way as to make sure everything would be ok with me. Not only did he reassure her, but he also had a long chat with me and made me feel from worthless to a great human being with lots of potential in about 30 minutes. I really appreciate everything that was done for me and Nelson is one of the most helpful people I have ever met. I came to the hotel with all my possessions lost and didn't even have a pair of shoes on my feet.

I have travelled to 38 countries and never been in quite such a bad situation before and coming to the hotel by chance from a helpful taxi driver, I found some of the best hospitality I have ever received from around the world - something I wasn't expecting on my first visit to America.

I made it back home to London with no problems and am at university finishing my accounting degree and have set up 3 websites. Sometimes you have to go to the lowest point in your life to have a focus in your life and become the best person you can be...and Nelson helped me realize this!

Other members of staff were also extremely pleasant I must add. This is my first review on tripadvisor and I have stayed in 1000+ hotels before, so you can see how much this treatment from Nelson and the other staff meant to me.

Paul Beaman, London, UK

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for such a fantastic review - we're so very happy to hear you had a great experience.... We will pass along your review to Nelson, he is the best! Please travel safely and we hope to welcome you again soon!
South Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Nice little spot - apparently re-built, redesigned, re-done from its former self, on the corner opposite the famous Miami Seaquarium sign near the entrance to Key Biscayne. Friendly front desk, very friendly Valet parking guys. 50s/60s era decor downstairs. Rooms ample with WONderful beds - superfirm mattress with thick welcoming pad on top - pure white bedclothes. A little puzzling upon entering the room 307 we couldn't get a response from the light switches for just about 1 minute...then we figured it out. Great shower - nothing snazzy about the hotel but most everything we experienced was very pleasant. Awesome firepit on the west side of the pool, with a nicely accommodating area around the pool. The immediate neighborhood is a lovely old one - old Miami Ave area. Stately, handsome older homes.

Room Tip: If you're partying in the Grove or Downtown, this is the perfect spot to spend the night- away...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We so much appreciate your taking the time to review your stay with us, and are so glad you loved our hotel and the nearby neighborhood...its quite beautiful, we agree! We do have energy saving light fixtures in the rooms, so perhaps the delay was them just warming up. Please let us know if you are in the area again sales@hotelurbanomiami.com
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I along with our college age daughter stayed at the Hotel Urbano in September 2013. We had no car but was able to traverse the city with free shuttles, one shuttle just outside the hotel door. Employees were pleasant and helpful! Operations Manager Kashan Saeed went out of his way to make our stay memorable. One day we went on the "Food Tour in Little Havana" on the recommendation of one of the waitresses.Take the free shuttle than if you are a walker, you can walk to Little Havana. Great experience. There is a restaurant in the hotel. They do offer room service. Quality of the food was very good. I would say a little on the expensive side however portions are large enough to share. Room was comfortable and clean. Housekeeping was quick with special requests. We would definitely return to this hotel. It's exactly what I was hoping for; good location, smaller sized hotel so felt safe and comfortable while we were present at the hotel and while we were away from the hotel sightseeing I had no worries about safety of the things left in our room. Oh I think it's Thursday night they have karaoke at the bar.. Ha!

Room Tip: Select a room with a lanai facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments about our little hotel and your recent stay with us - we love to hear that our guests had a great visit! Please let us know next time you are planning to be in the area, we'd be happy to help you with your reservations sales@hotelurbanomiami.com
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel on 7/10/13 and was in miami for an immigration appointment,
the hotel manager Joe Bru was extremely helpful in allowing us to stay past check out time in order to shower before the drive home
Would highly recommend this place
The fire and waterfall exhibit outside was a great btough
Thanks again Joe

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we're so glad that Joe went above and beyond to make your stay a great one. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Urbano last month for a long weekend with my boyfriend. The hotel has a great small bar area that was not overrun with springbreaker types! The pool area is lovely and the staff eager to please. We took the trolly from the hotel to the shops/resturants in mary brickell village with no hassle at all.
We will def use this hotel in the future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thanks so very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we're so happy our friends in New York City find our hotel to be a nice choice when visiting Miami. We're so looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location, very close to downtown Miami, South Beach and lots of other great attractions. The rooms were very comfortable and Joe and Bridget really went out of their way to help with all of my needs. I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks Steve - we appreciate your kind words.....we hope you enjoyed the baseball game at Marlins Stadium and will be back to visit us again soon!

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!