“Nice little hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 130 hotels in Miami
Boca Raton, Florida
“Nice little hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed here for a long weekend with my friends. Great location in downtown Miami, very close to everything. We were out partying every night, and needed a place to crash. This hotel worked out great for us.

Room Tip: They just renovated the hotel, so all rooms are pretty good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words - we're glad you enjoyed your weekend in Miami and that you enjoyed the time you had at the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon! Happy New Year!

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife and I took a short getaway trip to Miami and stayed at this very pleasant hotel. For us, the value was fantastic since we had bid on the stay at a vacation auction website. Our room (326) overlooked the pool area and was quiet and comfortable. Staff was wonderful in all respects, and Nelson was particularly helpful with restaurant recommendations.

Room Tip: The hotel is at the intersection of two busy streets. Rooms facing the pool are probably the most qu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thanks so very much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hotel Urbano! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and that the staff, invluding, Nelson was able to point you in the right direction! Happy holidays and we hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The staff was very welcoming - then we were shown to our rooms. One was just ok - if you like staring up at an overpass - the other had only a handheld shower, half a toilet seat, a broken coffee maker, lukewarm water - and a view of the parking lot, We were told that the hot water problem and broken coffee maker would be fixed but they weren't. After major complaining, we were moved to a better room the second night . My guests decided to stick with the view of the overpass as their coffee maker and shower worked. This hotel is not budget priced - they shouldn't even offer such inferior rooms!!!!

Room Tip: shout a lot and don't settle for bad
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, General Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review and value your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you found our rooms not satisfactory, that is certainly not our typical response. I am delightred, however, to hear that our staff went above and beyond to solve your issue. I do hope that you return to see us again and that shouting will not be necesary, rather I'd be happy to speak directly with you.
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My son moved from CA to Miami a couple of years ago. When we visit we always stay at the Hotel Urbano and could not be happier there. It is small, comfortable, centrally located and the staff is great! It really feels like home and I would not want to stay in any of the larger hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you, thank your for such a sincere review of our little hotel - we're so glad we make your visits to Miami to see your son friendly and warm. California is a long trip, and as you mentioned there are several hotel options in the area and we very much appareciate your repeat business. Travel safely and we'll see you again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel Urbano was very warm and welcoming. We went to Miami for a baseball game and first stayed at another hotel and had to move the second night. We didn't even realize we were right across from the Miami Seaquarium either, but we didn't get to do that. Next time though. But the hotel was right near the stadium and the staff was very nice at all times, like we were staying at someone's private home instead of a hotel. There was a firepit outside at night and the small lounge was so homey like sitting at someone's kitchen table. Our bartender, Jennifer was so friendly and talkative instead of some who are cold and walk away never to return. We will definately be going back there. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for taking the time after your girls trip to review Hotel Urbano - we so appreciate it! And are thrilled to hear you and your friends had a great time and found everything at the hotel to meet your needs. Looking forward to welcoming you back again next time!
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My fiance at the time and myself had our wedding planned on a cruise, and decided to spend an extra day in Miami before and after the cruise. Before the cruise, we were at the Hilton, and after the cruise we stayed at the Hotel Urbano. I was very hesitate about the hotel, since I had never heard of it before. But I will admit that the people on their staff, made my hesitation non existent. I had family that went on the cruise, but were leaving later on the same day. I had offered for them to come to my room and leave their luggage until it was time for them to leave. We arrived early that day, and my room was not ready, for check-in. I did not know what to do. I asked if my family could leave their luggage with ours until check-in, they had no problem with that and had the valet serviceman to help with their bags. They treated my family like royalty, and I had a cousin in a wheelchair, that they over and beyond to help. My father was so impressed, that when he goes back to Miami, there is no other option for a hotel, other than Hotel Urbano. My family were not guests, but they definitely treated them exceptionally well. I will never forget that, and we are so appreciative of their service. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone coming to Miami. We gave the time of departures for my family members, and they made sure that transportation was prompt for their departures. I can not say enough about the great service. Thank you so much, Hotel Urbano for making the end of wedding cruise celebration, simply perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent marriage - we could not be more happy to hear that our staff and hotel made your experience a great one. And word of mouth is still and always the best way to promote - so we thank you for passing along your kind words to all your friends! Hopefully we'll see you back in Miami again soon!
shelton, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We decided to stay here for a couple of night before our cruise. The hotel was perfect. Gorgeous room and pool area. We had a balcony over looking the pool that was nice. Trolley was downstairs right across the street that brought to Bayside. Such a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Trolley was free and took us on a nice tour of the area. Bellman was awesome as well. Actually everyone was terrific. We had breakfast one morning and it was very good. I didn't think the prices were any higher than if you stayed at a different resort. We didn't have a car so the parking surcharge didn't bother us. We asked how to get a taxi and all they did was ask us when we wanted it and they called when it came. Perfect!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we're so glad to hear you had a good time! We hope your cruise was fabulous, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!