“shall not return to this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Urbano
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Coral Way)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #25 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“shall not return to this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The staff was very welcoming - then we were shown to our rooms. One was just ok - if you like staring up at an overpass - the other had only a handheld shower, half a toilet seat, a broken coffee maker, lukewarm water - and a view of the parking lot, We were told that the hot water problem and broken coffee maker would be fixed but they weren't. After major complaining, we were moved to a better room the second night . My guests decided to stick with the view of the overpass as their coffee maker and shower worked. This hotel is not budget priced - they shouldn't even offer such inferior rooms!!!!

Room Tip: shout a lot and don't settle for bad
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, General Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review and value your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you found our rooms not satisfactory, that is certainly not our typical response. I am delightred, however, to hear that our staff went above and beyond to solve your issue. I do hope that you return to see us again and that shouting will not be necesary, rather I'd be happy to speak directly with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My son moved from CA to Miami a couple of years ago. When we visit we always stay at the Hotel Urbano and could not be happier there. It is small, comfortable, centrally located and the staff is great! It really feels like home and I would not want to stay in any of the larger hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you, thank your for such a sincere review of our little hotel - we're so glad we make your visits to Miami to see your son friendly and warm. California is a long trip, and as you mentioned there are several hotel options in the area and we very much appareciate your repeat business. Travel safely and we'll see you again soon!
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hotel Urbano was very warm and welcoming. We went to Miami for a baseball game and first stayed at another hotel and had to move the second night. We didn't even realize we were right across from the Miami Seaquarium either, but we didn't get to do that. Next time though. But the hotel was right near the stadium and the staff was very nice at all times, like we were staying at someone's private home instead of a hotel. There was a firepit outside at night and the small lounge was so homey like sitting at someone's kitchen table. Our bartender, Jennifer was so friendly and talkative instead of some who are cold and walk away never to return. We will definately be going back there. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for taking the time after your girls trip to review Hotel Urbano - we so appreciate it! And are thrilled to hear you and your friends had a great time and found everything at the hotel to meet your needs. Looking forward to welcoming you back again next time!
Middletown, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My fiance at the time and myself had our wedding planned on a cruise, and decided to spend an extra day in Miami before and after the cruise. Before the cruise, we were at the Hilton, and after the cruise we stayed at the Hotel Urbano. I was very hesitate about the hotel, since I had never heard of it before. But I will admit that the people on their staff, made my hesitation non existent. I had family that went on the cruise, but were leaving later on the same day. I had offered for them to come to my room and leave their luggage until it was time for them to leave. We arrived early that day, and my room was not ready, for check-in. I did not know what to do. I asked if my family could leave their luggage with ours until check-in, they had no problem with that and had the valet serviceman to help with their bags. They treated my family like royalty, and I had a cousin in a wheelchair, that they over and beyond to help. My father was so impressed, that when he goes back to Miami, there is no other option for a hotel, other than Hotel Urbano. My family were not guests, but they definitely treated them exceptionally well. I will never forget that, and we are so appreciative of their service. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone coming to Miami. We gave the time of departures for my family members, and they made sure that transportation was prompt for their departures. I can not say enough about the great service. Thank you so much, Hotel Urbano for making the end of wedding cruise celebration, simply perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your recent marriage - we could not be more happy to hear that our staff and hotel made your experience a great one. And word of mouth is still and always the best way to promote - so we thank you for passing along your kind words to all your friends! Hopefully we'll see you back in Miami again soon!
shelton, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We decided to stay here for a couple of night before our cruise. The hotel was perfect. Gorgeous room and pool area. We had a balcony over looking the pool that was nice. Trolley was downstairs right across the street that brought to Bayside. Such a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Trolley was free and took us on a nice tour of the area. Bellman was awesome as well. Actually everyone was terrific. We had breakfast one morning and it was very good. I didn't think the prices were any higher than if you stayed at a different resort. We didn't have a car so the parking surcharge didn't bother us. We asked how to get a taxi and all they did was ask us when we wanted it and they called when it came. Perfect!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we're so glad to hear you had a good time! We hope your cruise was fabulous, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel was comfortable, clean and the furnishings were nice but it is definitely not accommodating for business people who need a proper desk to work from, the one provided was simply too small. Also, the desk chair is between the bed and the desk, you don't get much space to maneuver and you're constantly needing to push the chair out of the way so you can access that side of the room. I also disliked the double use of the sliding wardrobe/bathroom door, I was constantly sliding that thing back and forth when trying to get dressed in the morning, it was so stupid.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large but I was so disappointed to only have a shower and not a bath (I didn't make the booking). However, the hot water was NOT hot enough (and apparently this was worse on the 3rd floor) and she shower floor is a SLIPPING HAZARD. I almost slipped the first time when using it and my boss did slip in his one and hit his head against the door. The shower door arrangement is also really stupid because to turn on the tap you have to either be in the shower with the door shut to reach it (and thereby get briefly showered with cold water) or if you stand outside the shower you need to reach around the door to turn on the tap which requires long arms.

The breakfast was large and nice but we did not appreciate the almost $3 "service fee" for eating there (this was not even room service!). An OJ, coffee and bowl of oatmeal cost almost $20 once the tax and service fee were added on. Ridiculous. Unfortunately for us the hotel was not well located to anything without a car and even waiting for a cab took 15-20mins. So, going elsewhere for breakfast was not an option.

My fridge I had to turn off because it was too noisy and my boss and colleague complained that many of their TV channels didn't work properly. But, the wireless was good (and free). My wake-up call was also late one morning too.

I think this place makes a nice tourist hotel but I won't be staying here again because it was really impractical for my needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us - we appreciate your comments and feedback. We are sorry to hear you seemed to not have a great expereince - our business travelers typically love the accomodations, so we're sorry you did not feel the same. Please feel free to conact our General Manager, Joe Bru, directly with your concerns so we can address them before you visit us again joe.bru@hotelurbano.com . Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we went there we had been traveling the states for weeks and didn't know what to expect. This is a newly renovated hotel in a modern style. It's clean, quiet and the restaurant does great food at good prices.

The best part of it was the staff, they were so friendly and lovable and really made our stay a treat. Special mention to Jennifer in the bar and restaurant, Marcia on the front desk and Lairo at the front door. We'll miss them

It's not right in the centre of town but it's only a 10 minute taxi or 30minutes on the free trolley service across the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks so very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we appreciate it! We love to hear when our staff does a great job - so thanks so much for mentioning Jennifer, Marcia and Jairo - I will pass along the kind words. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!