“Great value and location in a boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #18 of 130 hotels in Miami
San Francisco
“Great value and location in a boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We are frequent travelers and visit Miami often, until now staying in the five star hotels on Brickell Avenue. We decided to try the relatively inexpensive, 65 room boutique Hotel Urbano for a 10 day stay, and have found the experience delightful. Modern, nice rooms, very comfortable beds, very quiet, highly personal and personable service, lovely pool, excellent restaurant overseen by Chef Fabian, and young, talented chef. All of the amenities -- free wi-fi, safe, free local calls, room service, valet parking. In short, an real discovery for spoiled travelers! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience at Hotel Urbano on Trip Advisor...we so apprecite it! We are thrilled to hear of your great stay and so happy that you had the opportunity to check out our smaller, boutiquey hotel compared to your usual hotels in Miami. We will pass your kind words on to Fabian and the rest of the team in the kitchen as well. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

My partner and I have stayed at this small hotel five times in the past four months while in Miami. Every time we have been treated with welcoming smiles, helpful and fun staff, good food, enjoyable atmosphere, and a clean room. The hotel is not a luxurious one. But we don't go to Miami to sit in a stuffy hotel and pay for pampering service. Compared to other larger brand name hotels, the value is superb!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Hi Jeffery -

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your several stays with us in the past few months! Also please let me thank you so very much for being such a loyal guest - we very much appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you again soon - please feel free to reach out to us at sales@hotelurbano.com when you are planning your visit and we will be happy to assist in the booking.
Bonita Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Lovely three story hotel reasonably priced located in downtown.

The rooms are small but well appointed.

A lovely pool with fire place and cabanas.

We had only breakfast in restaurant. It was very good, with friendly and efficient service.

The paintings decorating walls throughout hotel are great!

Room Tip: Only valet parking at a cost of $24 a day. BUT you can go in and out as many times as you wish.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so very much for your review - we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Since you are a fellow Florida resident please keep an eye out for Florida REsident specials that we run through out the year!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying one night (February 17, 2012) at the Hotel Urbano. We opted to stay in Miami one night prior to the departure of our 7 day cruise from the Port of Miami.

I must tell you that the hotel representative that checked us in was extremely helpful and service oriented. We had a chance to meet the hotel shift manager, she was also extremely helpful and service oriented. As a result of a late check-in we ate that the hotel's restaurant. We again encountered yet another friendly, service oriented employee. Unfortunately I can't recall their names, I do however hope they receive the recognition they truly deserved.

Terrific hotel, very clean, highly recommended!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thanks so much for your review - we very much appreciate it! Having fabulous employees is something we take very seriously and are dlighted to hear that you found them to provide you with a great level of ervice! We hope you had a nice cruise and hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Miami.
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Okay here's the skinny:

I think this place has TREMENDOUS potential, but I don't think it's being run as well as it should. Nice property, great beds, friendly staff; it's just the logistics that mess this place up.

RESERVATIONS/CHECK-IN:

I made a reservation here on 1/28, after doing my homework here in the lovely TripAdvisor-land as well as Yelp. Later in the day, I saw that they had a lower special rate in celebration of their 2-yr anniversary. Made the new reservation and canceled the previous one, getting email confirmations for everything. Once I arrived at the hotel 3 weeks later, BOTH my reservations were canceled --?! The Asst. Manager had to be called in to fix the problem. After a 15-20 minute wait, he found a room. Being a former hotel employee and an avid traveler I know that when you wait for a room to become available it's either a) a room that needs housekeeping or b) a room that's been pulled from their "do not sell" repair inventory as a last resort. I believe it was the latter for us, as there were a few technical issues with our room (203), which was by the elevator and ice machine. That said, the room overall was decent.

Here's the weird thing: it's not the end of the world, but even though the manager was pleasant enough, he never apologized for the mishap with the reservation or for the wait. :(

PARKING:

Yup. As everyone complains, parking does suck. Oh well! Even though I could've paid the $30/nt parking fee, I chose the streets. I'm used to navigating for parking as an Angeleno (LA). Keep in mind there are literally only 10-12 parking spaces available around the hotel heading north and south on SW 25th Rd and 5 spots on Miami Ave., so read the signs carefully. We saw two cars getting towed during our 3-day stay. (It is odd there's so little street parking, but the neighborhood is really nice and quiet.)

I'd suggest they either reduce their fee a smidgen ($22 vs. $29) or maybe strike a deal with Miami Parking Authority for LOT #23 just a few feet away (right now I think it's registered decal-only parking). Just a thought, if the GM is reading this review. :)

AMENITIES:

Beautiful space! Great pool area; in fact, the pool area was the main reason I chose this hotel. Comfortable poolside seating in great condition, waterfall, firepit, cabana-style seating with flat-screens. Very nice!

Though we didn't eat at the restaurant, we did order food from the bar and room service. Basic food items, mostly appetizer-type dishes (calamari, flat pizza, etc.).

Rooms are tastefully decorated and fairly clean (a few noticeable scuff marks along the walls, as well as a broken bathroom door handle and minor other issues) with super comfortable bedding. Hotel has a small fitness room, but we didn't use it.

STAFF:

Super nice people! Doorman Jairo was awesome!! Thank you to Soy, the bartender, who has to multitask as bartender, waitress and room service attendant. Front Desk staff was friendly too, as well as the housekeepers. Asst. Manager Evan was a bit aloof, but polite.

OVERALL:

Like I said earlier, this place has plenty of pluses, especially its physical attributes; but for a hotel of only 60-65 rooms it should be run like a tight ship. Given they just celebrated their two year anniversary, I truly hope they'll get a better handle on things for two more years. All said, I enjoyed my visit to Miami and will def. consider returning to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel - we appreciate it. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed yoru visit with us and found our staff to be accomodating and pleasant. I am passing along this review and your suggestions to our General Manager, Donna, - also, please feel free to reach out directly if you'd prefer. dcandreva@hotelurbano.com. Thanks again and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located in Miami's financial district. The rooms look like they were recently renewed and they look nice. Staff is very nice and the cost per night is just great for Miami.

• Stayed December 2011
Thanks so much for your review - we hope to continue to welcome you back when you are in Miami for business!
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is my third time that I have stayed at Urbano. My welcome has always been friendly, never a glitch and the rooms have always been quite nice. Housekeeping, very good, same person all three visits, they remembered me as well. The restaurant has a limited menu, yet is so convenient and the chef is accommodating and talented. The entire staff is extremely courteous, friendly, and professional. The location is fantastic for my situation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing our artsy boutique hotel for your stays in Miami! We are honored to have you and hope you welcome you back soon!

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!