“An oasis on Brickell” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Lake Placid, Florida
“An oasis on Brickell”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Was visiting with a friend of mine and he suggested this hotel. What a great find! A small boutique hotel with the artsy feel of south Miami. Very intimate but has a bar, restaurant, and a great outdoor area. It feels like an oasis in the middle of a bustling Miami. Outdoor fire pits, private cabanas with wide screen tv's, outdoor service poolside. Very relaxing. Rooms are great with docking station for my iPod. Staff was very friendly and even offered me a ride when the taxi was late, way over the top! Will definitely come back here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our little boutique hotel! It's such an honor to have a guest refer to our space as an oasis - as we try very hard to create that experience for our guests! We hope you traveled safely and please come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Naples, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Other then the parking this is a great place to stay. I like CLEAN and this place meets my standards. Food isn't the best but that's not what your paying for. They have a great little cozy outside area. This place is a short distance from a lot of nice places.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel after your stay with us - so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and found our hotel cozy! We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future!
Altamonte Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

First off, the "city view" was a fence. Second, on the hotels website I reserved a smoking room, but when I got to the hotel they said there were no smoking rooms. I didnt like being misled.Third, I paid the hotel cash for the $29.28 parking fee, however they charged my debit card the same night of check out. I contacted the hotel and the front desk person Gonzalo, wouldnt listen and told me that was "normal" and i was to wait 3 business days for the charge to clear. After 5 business days and 3 calls later, my card was charged again for the same $28.28 parking fee. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!! I called to speak to the manager aound 10 and was sent to voicemail.
THE HOTEL AND STAFF WERE NICE, BUT I DEFINTELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE DUE TO THE FACT THEY CHARGE YOUR DEBIT CARD WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

Room Tip: Dont get a city view room!!!!! The only view i got was a fence. The pool view is beautiful.
Urbano33129, Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you for your review and brining this issue to my attention - please email me directly at emcgrath@hotelurbano.com with your name and dates of stay so I can research this and make whatever adjustments are necessary regarding your debit card.

I am happy to hear that you thought our pool area was beautiful and that you found our staff to be friendly and accomodating. We wish you a happy, happy new year and hope to see you again soon.

Evan McGrath
Operations Manager
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

upon arrival at Hotel Urbano, we were informed that the only parking available was valet parking. Valet parking at the rate of $30 per day. The front desk attendant (manager) advised us that this hotel was NON-SMOKING, however our room smelt like smoke, very unbearable. Their manager was unpleasant when we requested a room change. When I got to the podium (since there is no front desk) to request the change, there was no attendant there, and my personal information was left out on the podium where anyone could have taken it.
We did not receive fresh towels everyday, the electrical sockets were limited and some were not working and some of the bulbs were blown.

On a brighter note, we did receive a complimentary breakfast that was excellent. the bed (king sized) was soft and comfortable.

I would not stay at Hotel Urbano again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, General Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
I appreciate your review and would like to sincerely apologize for the less than stellar experience that you had during your stay with us. Please email me directly at dcandreva@hotelurbano.com as our goal is always to improve upon our service ane experience level for our guests. On the bright side, I am so happy you enjoyed your breakfast and hope that added a bright point to the end of your stay.

Donna Candreva
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I flew into Miami for a cruise over Xmas. We stayed
on Ocean Drive before the cruise and decided on the Urbano to finish our last five days in Miami. The staff, were top notch - we got to the hotel around 11 am, and were shown to our room. The hotel has a very adult feel to it - not meaning I did not see any little ones - it just
has a very adult vibe. Xmas and only 5 at the beautiful pool, small, but lush. Even met one of the chefs from the Bistro - Fabian - super fellow. Art is everywhere, and the beds and walk in shower show a class above the usual boutique hotel. The taxi driver said as we got out of the cab on our first day - you are really secluded at this hotel.
Totally wrong, a 6.00 cab ride takes you to Bickwell Village with some of the best restaurants and great little shops - a must see. It is hard to beat this place - and we travel a great deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for yoru kind review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Hotel Urbano and glad you found the location to be central to many great things in the Brickell neighborhood. We wish you a happy, happy new year and hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The Urbano is a lovely hotel. However, I booked our room through booking.com, and they never actually made the reservation with the Urbano. The hotel staff were very kind and found us a room, but they told us this has been a problem with booking.com before.

Design and art are a major priority at this hotel, and it shows. The room and bathroom were striking (I'm not sure I've ever stayed in a yellow bedroom) and comfortable, but not very large -- so if you need a lot of space, this may not be your favorite room.

The neighborhood is quite nice and we loved being so close to the bridge to Key Biscayne as well as to downtown Miami.

We were luckily able to find on-street parking for free a few blocks away, which saved us $24 in valet parking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
We so appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel - are always love to see "outstanding" as a word to describe our guests experience! The design of the hotel was certainly a very thoughtful process and we appreciate your noticing and enjoying it! We wish you a happy, happy new year and hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Elegant modern decor. Very Chic, yet warm. Nice Pool area. The bistro urbano located within the hotel serves a great Mojito. Highly recommend this hotel. Staff go out of their way to make your stay pleasant.

Room Tip: View to the pool is pleasing. The water fall is relaxing.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time upon your return from vacation to review our hotel! So glad you liked our little art, boutique hotel and especially glad you enjoyed the Mojitos! We wish you a happy, happy new year and hope to see you again soon!

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!