“Far from south Miami beach but very nice, affordable and modern!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 129 hotels in Miami
Calgary, Alberta
“Far from south Miami beach but very nice, affordable and modern!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is very modern and is exceptionally clean! Beds were really comftorable, bathrooms always clean, breakfast food was good, free wifi throughout and overall a great hotel.

The only set back for us, being tourists, was the location. From south Miami beach a taxi ride is about 15 to 20 min costing approx 35 dollars. We made a few of these trips back and forth so it cost us a few bucks.

If your planning to stay at the hotel or visit the nearby areas and financial district, you can't go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so very much for reviewing our hotel... we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us - especially the breakfast and cleanliness! We hope you had a nice trip home and would love to welcome you back to Hotel Urbano again sometime soon!

390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was on a business trip in Miami this week and stayed at Hotel Urbano. I was very pleased with the style, feel, cleanliness and staff while visiting. Hotel Urbano really captures the feel and style that Miami and Miami beach have to offer. Though I didn't get to spend a lot of time there or get to use the pool, the hotel has a very inviting feel to it. The only negative thing I would have to say is when I asked the front desk about a bar to walk to, they said the closest bar was about 15 blocks. They do have a small bar at the hotel, but not really big enough for socializing. Overall though, I had a great experience!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel... we appreciate it! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked the atmosphere of the hotel - that is something we strive for - to be a true boutique hotel! Hopefully next time you are in town you will stay with us again and have some free time to enjoy the lush pool area!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The minute we arrived at the hotel via our rented car, the guy in the front immediately greeted us. We were leaving immediately upon arriving and wanted to only drop off our bags, he suggested that we take our time and he will park the car in front of the hotel at no charge. Everyone was sooo nice. The room is great. The bed was absolutely amazing! I can confidently say it was one of the best beds I have slept on in the hotel. It was a cloud of pillows and just amazing. The room was cleaned every day, the bathroom was spotless. Towels added upon request. There is absolutely nothing wrong that I can say about this hotel, and I am extremely picky!
So if you need to stay in the downtown Miami area and arent sure of which hotel to pick, go with Hotel Urbano. We also had the breakfast at the hotel on the day we were leaving, it was very good. The tip is Already included in the price, so you dont calculate anything. it was reasonable.
The main highlights about the hotel are its very clean, staff is friendly, room is spotless, AND you can find parking outside of the hotel in the late evening. So you can avoid spending the parking fee if you look for a spot outside of the hotel. I would defintely go back to Urbano!

Room Tip: The hotel was spotless, staff friendly, even though our room faced the back of the hotel, it actuall...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a fantastic review of our hotel - we appreacite all your kind words. I will pass along kudos to our housekeeping and cleaning teams as they work extremley hard each day to make sure our little hotel always looks fantastic! We hope to have the chance to welcome you again some time soon!
Regina, SK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights after taking a cruise. There was some painting/renovating going on but I felt relatively undisturbed by it. The pool area was beautiful, the complimentary business centre was unexpected and really came in handy. The staff was very nice and accomodating. I was actually able to check in at 9am (not that I was expecting this- really awesome!) coming from the Port of Miami.
Bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean and nice- slightly strange having a sliding door, but for myself solo- this wasn't an issue for me.
Room amenities like the robe and in-suite safe, pool towel, fridge- all were great. Air conditioning was excellent.
All in all, a good experience- I would stay again.
For travellers to Miami however, I strongly suggest you rent a car, you'll be wanting one.

Room Tip: Conference rooms are located on the first floor so there might be more traffic in that area.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our little artsy hotel! The construction you mentioned was actaully us changing out our entire art collection - so next time you are in Miami you will have to stop by and check it out! We are glad you enjoyed your stay....
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I booked my room in a hurry that same day, we needed a place to sleep after a long. As we show to the hotel I realize that I left part of my wallet in the office. I had the Expedia receipt and 2 of my credit cards. The front desk staff was incredibly incompetent and lacked the basic customer service training. If it was up to the front desk "MOD" I would have had to spend the night sleeping in my car. He showed no flexibility what so ever to assist me with my problem. I understand the is a policy in place but the overall attitude was unhelpful and condescending. The MOD showed no willingness to help or resolve my situation. Worst Check-in I've had in years. Nice property. The Morning staff was really nice and helpful the breakfast was very good. Advice. Make sure if you get to this property during day time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, General Manager at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Hello and thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay. First allow me to apologzie for your experience at the front desk - this is not typical of a Hotel Urbano experience and we would like to research the issue. Please feel free to contact me directly at dcandreva@hotelurbano.com or 305.854.2070 to discuss further the issues you encountered. On the other hand, I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel in the morning and hope we have the oppotunity to welcome you again.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Urbano for one night while on a recent business trip to Miami. Not only was the hotel an INCREDIBLE experience for the rate, but the staff was 5-star as well. I really felt like I was in a much, much more expensive hotel. In particular, my bartender Jenn Bond was one of the nicest people I have ever met on any of my business trips. Since I arrived very early, she took care of me while the staff prepared my room. Hopefully you will have the pleasure of having drinks at her bar!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your trip - we are glad to hear that your trip away from home for business was made to be a good one by your expereince with our staff. Especially Jennifer at the bar - I will pass your kind words on to her! Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in Miami.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My friends and I stayed at this hotel after reading the great reviews online and finding a great deal as well. The hotel is modern and clean with friendly staff who want to get to know you and make sure your stay at the hotel is a relaxing and enjoyable one. The rooms were clean and modernly decorated, and there were always refreshing drinks at the front desk after hanging out by the pool. I didn't mind that we had to drive about 15minutes to the beach, but if you are wanting a more party like atmosphere than don't stay here. We wanted the relaxing vibe at our hotel and we got it.

The part my friends and I enjoyed the most was having amazing margaritas made by the wonderful bartender, Jennifer (from Canada) before heading to South Beach Miami clubs. You can't go wrong with any of her drink concoctions and fun conversation. We almost didn't even want to leave the bar and go dancing because we couldn't get enough of her drinks. If you don't stay at this hotel at least have a margarita here :)

The only bad thing is how much the parking costs, but I had read a review about parking on the street around the corner in a residential part of the area and therefore avoiding paying. Good suggestion!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thanks so very much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review after your stay wtih us last weekend! It's so great to hear that you enjoyed out little oasis of a hotel - off the beaten path and were able to relax for a few days. And Jennifer's margarita's seem to be quite a hit at the bar and on Trip Advisor now too! I will certainly pass on your kudos to her... Please come back and see us again soon...

Been to Hotel Urbano? Share your experiences!