“Hate the Heat” 3 of 5 stars
Review of American Airlines Arena

American Airlines Arena
601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL (Downtown)
305-577-4328
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 119 Attractions in Miami
Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A modern architectural marvel where the NBA's Miami Heat play.
Tempe, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
“Hate the Heat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We went to see the Heat vs. Celtics. I realize that it is their home court, but I really hate the heat. Overall the stadium was average, beers were $10, and Heat fans were not very welcoming to Celtics fans (although it is said that we are worse in Boston).

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Fort Myers, FL
35 attraction reviews
“GREAT ARENA BUT VERY STEEP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Went to our first Heat game and the arena is a sight to see. However, if you don't like heights, make sure you get a seat in the lower section. Our seats were is section 309, row 15. I'm not very fond of heights so it took me at least a half hour to adjust. I'm sure this is typical of indoor arenas so I can't hold this fact against them. The staff was very accommodating leading us in the right direction. There seems to be enough areas for food and drink and prices are typical for a sporting event. Access to the arena is very easy if you want to use the metromover as the Freedom Tower stop is only a few blocks away.

New York City, New York
“Miami Heat game VS. the Bucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

SO MUCH FUN! We also at at Bongo's, good food and atmosphere, a bit loud...but you are in that type of atmosphere anyway.

Washington, D.C.
“Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Staff was very attentive. I need a wheel chair and they had one for me the moment I arrived. They also had a person waiting for me when I arrived at my destination.

Winter Springs, Florida
36 attraction reviews
“Nice, but typical”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I appreciated the accessibility to smoking areas, restrooms, and the selection of cocktails and dining options. The seats were average in comfort and the signage was poor.