“Good time with family and friends” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 123 attractions in Miami
Type: Parks, Biking Trails, Bodies of Water
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: These trails, built on flat land, are full of technical challenges.
Orlando
14 attraction reviews
“Good time with family and friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I tried the kayaking and the biking in the park and barbecue for Easter. I always loved my time in this park. It is clean and safe. The best time to kayak with friends in Saturday morning around 11 am when all the boats come to the bar sand with blazing music and drinks. It is more a youthful and cool atmosphere.
There are small islands to kayak to as well which are quieter.
The biking is awesome. I had no idea it actually exists in South Florida. Take your bike, wear a helmet and try the different level trails . You feel in another city.
You have to pick the right time and days not to be overpopulated, but everytime I went I had a great time. The water is cold but refreshing. There is plenty of parking, you have to walk a little to the site, but it is worth it as you don t have to struggle for parking!

Visited April 2012

Hialeah, Florida
17 attraction reviews
“Did not like it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The parking is located far away from the beach; the crowd was loud, irresponsible and rowdy. The picnic area is dirty and in unkempt. They do have boat rental and such which my family enjoyed, but there were two confrontations while we were there, people verbally fighting. I will never go back there!

Visited June 2012
North Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“A great place, you could not lose!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

A great place to gather with the entire family, with water all around. a lovely beach. Kayaks, Canoes, Paddles, fishing, Biking. Pavilions with barbaque grills, benches to spare, with the sea breeze coming of the ocean.
The rules are of such, to attract well governed, well behaved families. Hundreds of people, yet you feel you have the park all to yourself. Very spacious.
Labor Day, is when we look forward to our annual Church picnic there, these 14 years now. {except for the times when the hurricane weather interferred}.
Very well run, well organized park. STAFFS are great! Very helpful
We always enjoy, and continue to look forward to the next year

Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have been there in March for 2 weeks, and really enjoy it. For us from Canada it was like an oasis in the middle of the winter;) We had our kayaks and paddle on the river and intercostal water, we had also the bikes, we visited everything around in Miami, had a trip to Keys and travel few times to Everglades.
The cabins are comfortable if you bring some additional mattress, the only thing I can complain about was the restrooms/shower building which need a renovation…
We had our camping gazebo and propane stove to cook and we enjoyed every night a nice fire wood.
If you are allergic to mosquitos and no-see-ums, bring a high DEET insect repellent and some Benadryl spray

Visited March 2012
Pembroke Pines
15 attraction reviews
“Idk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is so convenient however whenever I have gone I've felt like the water was dirty. I know that it is a river so it cannot be as clear as the ocean but why would I want to go there with the ocean right down the street? I guess for the picnic grounds which is why we tend to have events there.