“Awful Customer Service and Ok Tour” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 178 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We earned a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Travelers have shared their opinions and are impressed with the quality of our business.
Austin,TX
“Awful Customer Service and Ok Tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Unprofessional. Rude. Bad Customer Service. Discriminating.

First, I've traveled happily with the help of TripAdvisor all over South East Asia. I do a lot of research when traveling. I am a happy, young traveler on a budget and want to ensure I used my money wisely. TripAdvisor has always helped me with my goals but they have failed me this time. I have never experienced such bad, judgmental, and unprofessional customer service in all my travel experiences.

We are a group of 8 young spring breakers looking for a good time in Miami. We've been doing our research. First off, the we purchased the Everglades and Miami City Tour. They were helpful in accommodating our time constraint. They allowed us to split the Everglades tour and Miami City tours on different days since their Miami Tour was fully booked. We took the Everglades tour first and were satisfied with that portion. The only complaint was that they were 20 minutes late in picking us up from the Holiday Inn location. It was a fun experience and we got to hold a baby crocodile. It wasn't extraordinary but met our expectations.

Our main complaint is the following day when we took the Miami City tour. We arrived at 9:55 at the location and two of us got off our van to inform the driver that we were present and the rest of our group will be a few minutes while they look for parking. We received a lecture from our driver, Jim Moore, father of the owner. He spoke to us in a very condescending tone telling us to get off the bus and wait for our party. He said we were clearly not ready and everyone else is. Our entire party got on by 10:00AM, the scheduled pick up time. The tour overall was okay. We saw a few places and heard interesting information but again it wasn't extraordinary. A few of my party fell asleep because of boredom. We arrived at Little Havana and the driver tells us that Little Havana is not worth seeing but if we wanted to get off and look then fine. Way to be excited about your city?

I contacted the company the same day to discuss my complaints. They said they would get back to me that evening or the next morning. The next afternoon I still had not heard from them and called them again. Michelle Moore addressed my complaints in a very unprofessional manner. She attributed my bad experience to my lack of communication, and accusing my party of being hung over. I explained that we were tired but we were not even drinking the night before knowing that we had to wake up early for our tour. We explained that we had a good time at the Everglades but our driver and the tour was not up to our expectations. I brought up that on their website they clearly state a GUARANTEED REFUND if we were not COMPLETELY SATISFIED. Here is an excerpt from their website: "Second... if you're not happy with the The Original Miami Tour, you'll be able to receive a full refund, because we GUARANTEE it.

Here's how it works: If you're not completely satisfied with the tour, we'll refund your
money. It's that simple"

It is NOT simple. Instead of addressing or listening to our concerns, Michelle continued accusing us of being hung over, late, and blaming the situation on us. We felt judged and discriminated because we were young spring breakers. We are TOURISTS and we arrived 5 minutes before the scheduled departure and DID NOT COMPLAIN when they were 20 minutes late the day before. Michelle continued insulting me by saying that I am clearly not a person to be joked with. Take note that Michelle was NOT present at the tour. Their reason for not refunding is that we were hung over, late, and they gave us an amazing (subjective) tour with an amazing deal and we were ungrateful. She also said they were a family owned company and said that Gus Moore who is the son of the driver will address our concerns insinuating that we will not get a refund because of their personal connections.

NEVER going to recommend this tour and it is by far the most awful customer service I have ever encountered. Research with high discretion, they are only friendly as long as you pay up and have no complaints. Have fun in Miami for us as this company has ruined our day.

MiamiBeach411, Owner at Miami Tour Company, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
pbj822,

Here are the facts as I know them…You are a member of a party of 8 (of which momoLCC was also a part). As this is an owner operated business, I personally took the initial phone inquiry regarding Everglades + City Tour. I informed the caller the City Tour was full that day but, being a customer friendly business, agreed to honor the combination rate even though you would be taking the tours on two separate days (as a policy we don’t typically do this as it is a greater expense to our company). At this time I was under the impression this group was a party of two. The caller needed to check with her travel companion. One of our employees took the call back, booking your party of 8 (an even greater expense to our company than I had initially anticipated, but I still honored it).

The drivers from both of your tours reported back about their trips with your group BEFORE your post-trip phone call. The driver from the Everglades Tour didn’t have much to say except that your group was discussing where to party that night. The following day, yes, two members of your party were on the bus for the City Tour at 9:55 but, according to that driver, the bus and the other 30 passengers onboard waited for 20 minutes for the rest of your party to park the car. He asked if you knew where they were parking so he could drive the bus to the location to meet them. As you didn't know, the driver had asked you to get off and wait for your party while he swung around the block to start the tour for everyone else onboard and he would pick you up on the way back by. The purpose of this was so the rest of your party knew where you were and that they weren’t being left behind. You refused so everyone waited and the tour, scheduled to begin at 10AM, began at 10:20AM .

The driver’s impression of your group was that many of you had no interest in the tour itself as several slept and food seemed to be a top priority. No objection was made by the driver when your group brought a bunch of balloons from Johnny Rockets onboard mid-trip, despite the fact it might hinder visibility for the other passengers. Also, it was raining that day and, as a convenience to our customers, umbrellas were provided for your use during the trip. Your groups’ umbrellas were tossed at the driver's feet after use, without even a thank you.

At this point, I already felt taken advantage of at my expense. Then you called to say, “I didn't enjoy my tour." However, you had no specific complaints about the City Tour at that time. As I was already personally involved in this situation, Gus was due to call you back to discuss. He has been on the tour bus training new drivers daily, therefore, he has been delayed in doing so. In addition, the credit card holder who purchased your tour, has not been in contact with us.

As a company, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We take an unhappy customer to heart and do our best to resolve the situation.

• Turkish first
New Port Richey
“Service and Knowledge With A Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband and I took the city and boat tour. Jim was our guide, and we could tell he was very proud of the company and enjoyed his job. The city tour was great and gave us a good overview so we could decide where we might like to go back to visit that evening. The commentary on board the bus was very good, but I also liked the personal comments in between. Jim was very informative on places to eat also. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone that was going to visit Miami. The bus was immaculate!

Reading, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
“Good overall tour of Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

This is a good 3-1/2 hour tour of the Miami area (South Beach, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables and Little Havana). We made a couple of stops. I wish we would have stopped more. One of the stops was Little Havana. This is the only place that I wish we would not have stopped. I did feel like we were a little rushed at times. Jim Moore was our bus driver. Comedy seems to always be a part of tours and at times it seemed to be too much. Overall we found this tour very informative and enjoyable.

MiamiBeach411, Owner at Miami Tour Company, responded to this review, March 14, 2010
Hi LadyPA,

Thank you for your feedback! We are considering dropping the Little Havana stop so your review is appreciated.

I will also ask Jim to keep the comedy in check.

Please come back again!

Michelle
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
“Fantastic. Wow every penny. Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We were in Miami on a family vacation at the beginning of March this year and were looking to see the sites. I had done a lot of research on line before I went and kept coming back to the site for Miami Tour Company.

When we arrived in Miami I saw that my hotel offered various options for site seeing etc too. So we booked our trip to the Everglades through my hotel. Big mistake. The drivers were maniacs and I was grateful to make it back to my hotel a live so I went back on line looking for the site I have kept coming back to at home.

We booked our site seeing tour and boat cruise through the Miami Tour Company and boy what a difference. Ordering on line was quick and easy and when I had questions about not having access to a printer in my hotel their customer service man Alfredo managed to get my issued resolved immediately and he was very pleasant to speak to.

In the morning when our tour bus arrived, not only was it clean and comfortable, but the men that greeted us were a delight. Gus, the company owner was on our tour that day and he was so informative, not just about the Miami tour but where to eat, where to find anything you were looking for in Miami and even referred me to another site www.Miamibeach411 if I need more information.

The tour lasted a fun filled day. We toured all the area of Miami I was expecting to see and more. And with each area Gus, our driver Jeffery and the driver in training Orlando were full of information about everything.

I would highly recommend this company for any site seeing or Miami tours a person might be thinking of taking. I only wish I had had more time in Miami to take some of the other tours this company offers.

Everyone I dealt with was delightful, polite and completely professional. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone visiting in Miami.

Canada
“It's ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I have been on many kind of tour bus.
The service was fine. The only thing that I'm disapointed it's the less of communication. On my tour to Miami city tour. I would like more stop to walk and visit. The little havana was boring and I would happy to know stop just go through by bus was large enough. It will be great if there is a stop at the south beach in ocean drive to see the beach.

I pack two tours, the everglade and miami tour. The transition between both of was disappointed. They dropped us at the miami market it say the bus will come in 10 minutes but however we waited for almost 45 mins. If we knew if was that long, we would take a bit instead of waiting there.

Next time, they should offer at least 45 mins for break for having lunch when the person book everglade and miami city tour in the same day. We will feel less waisting our time just for waiting.

Everything else was OK.

Been to Miami Tour Company? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Miami Tour Company, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.