“Good tour for those with little time” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We earned a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Travelers have shared their opinions and are impressed with the quality of our business.
4 attraction reviews
“Good tour for those with little time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We took the miami day tour because we only had two days and wanted to see as much as possible in the little time we had. A little held back by the price, we still decided to take this tour, especially since the reviews were really good.
The lack of real attractions in Miami and the fact that the must-see things are so widespread makes this tour worthwhile. To say that this tour was 'awesome' or 'the best tour i've ever had'? Not really. It is just a good tour to see most of what Miami has to offer. I think that if you really want to see the jetset/moviestar side of the city you should just go to Miami beach and hang out. If you're just visiting for a day or two and want to get a taste of what Miami is about, you want to take this tour.

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Don't rely on this company..they may leave you high & dry..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Based on so many positive reviews, I booked the Key west day tour with them. We (2) were picked by a small Van and then we went to pick some other people (additional 5 people). The guy took us to another place where a bus waiting. He (Peter ?) talked to other 5 people in Spanish and asked them to board the bus heading to Key West and then asked us not to board that bus and wait for another bus (as per him they were running couple of buses on that day). He took the receipt/invoice from us and asked us to wait and told us that he will meet in in Key West There were few other people standing there.

Another bus came over and the driver of that bus called everybody else's name and asked them to board the bus. As we were not sure if this is the bus we are supposed to take, I asked the driver if it is heading Key West. He said yes and asked me for the invoice/receipt. I told him that another guy had already taken that, So this driver said I can't take you guys.

I called the first guy (Peter ?) and asked him where he is and what should we do ? He talked to the driver and driver reluctantly told us to get onboard and kept telling us that we are not his passengers and he was not told of this change. We reached Key West and there was no sign of the first guy and never saw him again...

Visited December 2012
MichelleMoore, Owner at Miami Tour Company, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize the pick-up was not seamless.You were moved to one of the other buses, due to a schedule change, and our dispatch office did not notify the second driver. This was a mistake. However, after speaking with Pieter, the driver allowed you to board the bus and you went to Key West.

With all due respect, the title of your review is misleading. We did not leave you "high and dry". There are times we make mistakes. And in these instances, we pay for taxis, refund money, and do whatever we need to do to make our guests happy.

In addition to the Key West Tour, you took another tour with us, and we did not leave you high and dry on that day either.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback, and apologize it was a hassle getting on the bus. I spoke with the drivers and everyone in our office so mistakes like this can be avoided.

Best regards,

Michelle Moore
“Awesome comfortable tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The van was equipped with nice features. Front faced camera view inside the van allows you to see everything in front of you! Our driver Derek was very knowledgeable about Miami! We would highly recommend this tour over other cheap tours you see on the streets in Miami!

oxford
“Miami tour and Everglades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were picked up on time, which was a first for us as all other tours we have been on in different parts of the world have been late. So first impressions was a good start.

We had an amazing tour guide, Jim. His knowledge of the city was outstanding, my sister and I are staying in Miami for 10 days and he helped us out with local info. The Everglades were great, the show after the boat ride was very interesting but my advise would be don't sit on the front row near the big plastic box.

I would highly recommend this tour,it is a long day but well worth it.

texas
3 attraction reviews
“Tour way too long!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

This tour was ok. We did the driving / boat tour combo and everyone did a great job, but we were SO toured out by the time we finished. We had 7 with us and all of us agreed the tour could have been at least 2 hours shorter. 5 plus hours driving was a beating! I suggest they shorten the tour.

Been to Miami Tour Company? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Miami Tour Company, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later