“Bartender with no experience - bad day?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rose Bar

Rose Bar
Delano Hotel, 1865 Collins Avenue, Miami, FL 33139 (Downtown)
305-674-6400
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 101 nightlife in Miami
Monterey, California
6 attraction reviews
“Bartender with no experience - bad day?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We came in on a Saturday afternoon, stopping by because we'd heard raves. Perhaps we got this bar on a bad day. The bartender clearly had no experience, and I mean none. His only customers were us and two people playing pool outside the bar. He was rude to them, telling them he was too slammed to make them drinks. We watched and all he was doing was pouring beers for the folks inside the restaurant.

My partner had to tell the bartender how to make a French 75 (this was before the bartender complained about being slammed), and even with my partner running through the recipe repeatedly, the bartender still got one of the liquors wrong - it wound up tasting like an Orange Creamsicle. He made a cucumber gin martini for me that had so much sugar syrup it was like sucking on a cucumber Jolly Rancher. After one sip I told him it didn't work for me and stuck to water.

As we finished our drinks, the bartender walked away for about 20 minutes, leaving us to cool our heels waiting for the bill. It was a truly astounding amount of money for two terrible drinks.

Visited February 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
“Great cocktails”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

The Delano Hotel itself is amazing and this bar is fun and chic. Very small, but you can take your cocktails out into the lobby seating area which is large and airy. The cocktails are delicious. I would definitely recommend the cucumber one. People watching and softer club music make the place very miami!

Visited February 2012

Been to Rose Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rose Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later