“Come here if you need organic vegan items.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Grove Organic Market

Coconut Grove Organic Market
3300 Grand Ave, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)
+1 305-238-7747
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 204 things to do in Miami
Galloway, New Jersey
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Come here if you need organic vegan items.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So this place was actually scouted out by the Wife, we took the drive up here, from Deerfield Beach, and found the place pretty easy. We were lucky enough to find parking right across the street from the market. I feel like I need to include a disclaimer, I am not a vegan, and I do not eat organic. My wife specifically wanted to come here to check out the Indian food booth that’s located here. We approached the booth, and a very fast talking man greeted us, before we knew it, we were sampling all sorts of Chutneys, Samosas and Flatbreads. I enjoyed everything that I sampled (which was a lot), but the fast talking man made it difficult to understand exactly what I was eating, I believe that we ended up with a pack of cheese and spinach samosas, and a small bottle of mango chutney for $16.00, ouch, ouch.
After this, we wandered through the organic produce, and had a fun time trying to identify everything offered there. My wife’s favorite was the organic, unpasteurized, cold pressed juices, she most likely would have bought one of every juice available. After this, we noticed two things, a long line of people, who were having some items made to order, and we also noticed a truck, full of fresh coconuts. We went to the line first, and figured out that vegan sushi was being produced here. We decided to join in, and ended up ordering the Mango Curry Roll. The girls who were making the roll were engaged in a very serious discussion about something, however still managed to make my Mango Roll in a timely matter.
We took the Mango roll to the car, as we were being chewed alive by bugs, and the heat was already taking its toll on us. I decided to dive in without using any of the dipping sauces, and immediately regretted the decision, don’t get me wrong, it tasted clean, and extremely healthy, I did my best to chew and swallow, but it was an ordeal. This time, I doused the Mango roll in the soy ginger dipping sauce, and had a much better experience. We decided not to purchase a coconut here, although they appeared to be extremely popular.

Visited October 2015

Hialeah, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not that great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2015

I passed by on saturday and I was definitely expecting much more. I was at least expecting something A LOT nicer! I didn't even want to let my girlfriend out of the car. It is not in the best of neighborhoods that I didn't want to park my car.

Visited July 2015
Havre de Grace, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2015

A little hard to find if you don't know your way around, but was very pleased we went. It has some booths that sell other things, but the real gem is the vegetable and fruits they offer. All kinds of selection, some I have rarely seen, and lots of specialty items. Also have some pre-made items that were very high quality.

Visited July 2015
1 Thank Keith D
“Excellent ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2015

You can have delicious healthy food, buy clothes and get a massage at the same place! must try the chia ballz!!!

Miami, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice fresh stuff with come good prepared foods too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

Big selection. Even though it is expensive, the stuff lasts longer and is organic. Compare that to an item from the grocery store that goes sale just before it is about to collapse. I swear the spinach lasts twice as long as store bought. You also get the old Grove vibe there with lots of funky people selling healthy produce, etc. There are also some unusual items you do not see around Miami.

Visited November 2014