“Nice selection of food and gifts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coconut Grove Farmers Market

Coconut Grove Farmers Market
Coconut Grove, Miami, FL (Coconut Grove)
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 29 shopping in Miami
Type: Flea/ Street Markets
Activities: Shopping
Attraction Details
REAKtion
3 attraction reviews
“Nice selection of food and gifts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

Compare to the rest of the shopping on the island, coconut market is pretty impressive. Being that the place is across the street (shell vacation club at beach boy and resort quest) from where I'm staying, it's really convenient. I had the best fish wrap at a little stand that also sold shave ice. (Located near the center of the market, next to stage) I was also able to pick up most of my gift from here. I did notice that most gifts where not made on kauai though. I really wanted something from kauai, that was not made in China or Thailand(I'm Thai-Chinese, so I'm not trying to offend). It's just sad to see the island become like mainland. My favorite T-shirt shop was POI POUNDER (search web) they have the most cutest, funnest, perfect t-shirt for everyone. The shirts are priced quite right. I didn't mind paying the $20 for a Kauai logo T-shirt. (fish fear me, hanalei surf festival, born to fish -force to work.) Pio pounder is a kauai store, even though there t-shrit may be made in another country, it's somewhat a Kauai product. The prints were printed in Kauai. They also have a sister store called "turtles and gecko". If you go to Thailand a lot or plan on going, be careful of buying things here. Most of the gifts are from Thailand(sarong, wood weaving or craving, clothing, bracelets, dried fruits) and probably 4-5 times over prices. My mom would have a cow if she saw me buy any of that stuff.

Over all, it's a great shopping spot. I heard Eggberts is good (breakfast-create your own omlette) Hula Girl is busy every nite, with live performances. Opens and closes at 9.