“Rude Staff” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tobacco Road
626 S. Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33130 (Downtown)
305 374 1198
Owner description: Miami's Oldest Bar, Restaurant & Cabaret, est. 1912
Miami, Florida
“Rude Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is cool to check out local bands and hangout, but watch out for the rude staff on the outdoor patio. Wow!! I have never been treated so rudely in my life. I've been there twice and was treated horribly both times. The food is okay. If they make a mistake, they outright blame it on you like it's your fault. I think the manager really needs to step in and do something. It's a big turnoff when you're there trying to enjoy yourself and have a good time.

Visited June 2013

Dania Beach, FL
23 attraction reviews
“Good Food in Oldest Bar in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As many of you may know, Tobacco Road is the oldest bar in Miami. For visitors is a must (not every time you get to go to the oldest anything when visiting a city), and for locals is a laid back place for drinks, music, and food. Last time I was there I decided to try the food. People recommended the quesadilla and the burgers and that was exactly what we ordered. I have to say that both were delicious!! The burger patty was fresh and with great taste. The quesadilla was a ride to the taste buds. And I loved that Tobacco Road has reasonable prices aligned with the quality of their food.

Visited April 2013
Varazdin, Croatia
5 attraction reviews
“Alterative place with great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We checked this restaurant last evening. Very cheap place in all aspectcs but nice to see. Food was delicious. We had lobster and stake and both were fine. No. automatic gratitude, but staff deserved the tip. We didnt stay long enough to hear the band... But I think you shouldn't miss this authentic place :)

Worldwide
247 attraction reviews
“Lots of atmosphere, but no local microbrews.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Went here at lunch time to check the vibe and the offerings. Of course, it wasn't late night with an event going on - but rather a quiet, historic tavern with just the right atmosphere and service for that time of day.

Unfortunately, the beer selection didn't include microbrews, local or from anywhere else. So I had a Guinness draught, which I like as a backup. The disappointment in not featuring at least a couple of local microbrews certainly subtracts from the atmosphere. Maybe this is why Tobacco Road doesn't rate a mention on RateBeer.com? I hope the mgmt picks up on this apparent lost opportunity

Visited June 2012
Miami, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“The Friday bar for $1 drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

T-Road has been my go-to spot on Fridays since I moved to Miami over a year ago. It's packed inside and outside on Friday for happy hour...good music, good drinks, and even better drink prices for select beer & liquor (usually vodka or rum)! You can't go wrong here but make sure to go between 6-7:39pm for happy hour prices. If you're wondering about the time, it's 99 cents for 99 minutes for 99 years of business!

Visited November 2011