“Lots of atmosphere, but no local microbrews.” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tobacco Road
626 S. Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33130 (Downtown)
305 374 1198
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami's Oldest Bar, Restaurant & Cabaret, est. 1912
Worldwide
299 attraction reviews
“Lots of atmosphere, but no local microbrews.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Went here at lunch time to check the vibe and the offerings. Of course, it wasn't late night with an event going on - but rather a quiet, historic tavern with just the right atmosphere and service for that time of day.

Unfortunately, the beer selection didn't include microbrews, local or from anywhere else. So I had a Guinness draught, which I like as a backup. The disappointment in not featuring at least a couple of local microbrews certainly subtracts from the atmosphere. Maybe this is why Tobacco Road doesn't rate a mention on RateBeer.com? I hope the mgmt picks up on this apparent lost opportunity

Visited June 2012

Miami, Florida
10 attraction reviews
“The Friday bar for $1 drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

T-Road has been my go-to spot on Fridays since I moved to Miami over a year ago. It's packed inside and outside on Friday for happy hour...good music, good drinks, and even better drink prices for select beer & liquor (usually vodka or rum)! You can't go wrong here but make sure to go between 6-7:39pm for happy hour prices. If you're wondering about the time, it's 99 cents for 99 minutes for 99 years of business!

Visited November 2011
Miami, Florida
“My weekly Friday Happy Hour Fix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The oldest bar in Miami. To say that I'm a regular is cutting it short. I consider myself an honorary ambassador of this place. My friends and I go at least, every Friday (unless it's raining) for their awesome legendary Happy Hour: 6:00pm-7:39pm Drinks are $1 $2 (well liquor, designated beer).
They have 3 full bars (2 outside, 1 inside), a good variety of beers (some in draft), good food and a DJ spinning hits. Some Fridays they have bands playing. The place is a big, open space were people can mingle with their own friends as well as with new people. Yes, you can go inside, where there's A/C... but I like being outside.
Some of the things I like about this place is that it's very laid back, and you don't have dress up (unless of course, you want to). You can go straight from the beach, from the office, or wherever.
LOVE THIS PLACE & I'll continue to go as long as I live in Miami :)

Visited May 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“always the frist stop when in miami love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

came all the way from philly and new jersey for the third time to visit tabacco road love the staff jack the bartender been there for 29 years treats us like family even thought its been 2 yrs since our last visit had a great time as usual food was great as well as the service. dj was good as was the band upstairs. everyone was dancing and have a great time at the outside bar. need we say more we made sure we stopped there on our way to the keys it was our only reason for going to miami

Visited April 2011
Sao Paulo
5 attraction reviews
“It's really bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

The food is terrible. Staff is not friendly.
It seems that people want you to listen just a couple of musics, eat, drink something and go away as soon as possible. I know that americans are not friendly as brazilians, but the staff seems to be in a bad mood. The bands are always unknown and weak. It's not a place I want to go back. Take a picture in the front door and search for a better bar in the same street (Miami Avenue).