“Love Little Haiti!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #208 of 283 things to do in Miami
Type: Neighborhoods, Other
Activities: City walk sightseeing, Dining
More attraction details
Owner description: A Caribbean style marketplace and a replica of the Iron Market in Port-au-Prince mark this neighborhood as the center of Haitian culture in Miami.
Miami, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Love Little Haiti!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

I live in Miami and due to my job I have to visit Little Haiti often. Since the first day while driving my car to destination I was enjoying so much what I was seeing, and every time I go I feel the same, I love to go there. It is true , the beauty of little Haiti is not at its architecture, it is in the good energy you feel. I watch the kids going to school accompanied by their mothers, I watch the old ladies walking the streets wearing the head wrap, I see women and men going to work carrying a plastic bag with their lunch, I see the bakery selling Haitian bread, the small family restaurants, I feel their culture, I find beauty from all that . This area is not the most beautiful area in Miami, but there live one of the most ,sweet, hardworking and polite people I have ever known since I move to Miami. The best authentic Haitian food is there, by the way it is DELICIOUS!. I have NEVER felt that is an unsafe place. Unsafe are the areas surrounding Little Haiti, they are: Liberty City and Over town, do not get confused.

Visited December 2014

Bayonne, New Jersey
“beatiful, modest and affordable area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

this is the next up and coming neighborhood, venture capitalists!! The adventurous artists and bohemians are just starting to move in. if you are timid, suspicious, and can't see the goodness of self-reliant Haitians and Central Americans who shun governmental assistance, this is not the place for you. the prices on the houses and the hotel rates at the Sinbad and New Yorker Boutique Hotel are still affordable. Take advantage of this beautiful spot before it's spoiled by greedy real estate investors.

Visited October 2014
Kingston, Jamaica
8 attraction reviews
“Ate at fritay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Ate Haitian food in lil Haiti @fritay their food is different from Jamaican food with its own signature on many things and they have nice cakes as we'll very nice Caribbean food.

Postojna, Slovenia
17 attraction reviews
“Is this in the USA?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

It is very different.... Miami is a city put together with many different neighborhoods. I was interested in how Little Haiti looks like, so we went for a drive. I have to admit it was interesting to see as it is so different to anything else (or from hat you expect Miami to be), but we weren't comfortable stopping there... Lots of garbage everywhere, on the streets in front gardens, shops had very heavy security fences.... its just very different, but still interesting to see.

Visited June 2014
gpetrie868
22 attraction reviews
“NOT SURE WHY THIS LOCATION IS LISTED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Who in their right mind, especially anyone who knows Miami would want to visit Little Haiti???? Certainly not for "arts and crafts". Make sure you have Trip Interruption Insurance and good health coverage. The only thing good about the place is that you are not far from Jackson Hospital Ryder Trauma Center (just in case you need to be taken there) Proceed at your own risk!

Visited June 2014