“NOT FOR PLATINUM MEMBERS ON BUSINESS” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #25 of 131 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“NOT FOR PLATINUM MEMBERS ON BUSINESS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is definitely clean, which is a big plus. However, to keep costs down, they do not cool their elevator or hallways. It is stifling, and it effects your room being able to become cool as well. I had my thermostat set to 50 degrees, and it never got colder than 73. They also do nothing for platinum Marriott Reward members. I got bonus points upon check-in (400) but was never asked my preference. There was also water in the room that had a tag that they would charge you $3.50. I assumed (my fault) that Platinum members wouldn't be charged for the water, as is customary in other hotels - not so. I would skip it and stay at the Marriott by the Airport. The Service is better, and free upgrades and concierge level is more suited to Platinum members.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We are currently having an issue with our one of common area AC units and are working to ensure the temperatures in our common areas are regulated as soon as possible. We're dedicated to your comfort and apologize for any discomfort you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that customer service is one of our main priorities and I will be sharing your comments with the staff to improve our service.

Laura Fernandez

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I rated the courtyard miami west/fl turnpike as average because of my experience with the front desk staff. We arrived at the hotel and walked up to the front desk to check-in, however no one was present. We looked at the bar and little shop, but also no one from the hotel was to be found there. After waiting for 10 minutes hoping that someone would show up as there was also no buzzer or bell or whatsoever a gentleman appeared from the backoffice. The gentleman who came to the front to help us couldn't even greet us let alone force a friendly smile on his face. He didn't even apologize for the wait. All he said was; "how can I help you" while he was facing the computer screen. The guy was just rude and grumpy. So you can guess that was not a good first impression at all. So for customer service, the front desk staff of this marriott really has a lot to learn. When you greet someone like that and make a first impression you can count on it that you will create a bad customer experience which for me is enough to pick another hotel for my next stay.
That being said. The rooms itself were spacious and updated. The hotel is not that old so everything its quite modern. If you don't mind grumpy and rude people this is a good hotel for one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I apologize for the unfriendly service you received at check-in. It our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding the front desk are very much appreciated. I have shared your comments with the staff and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of service we offer to our guests.

Laura Fernandez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

The room was pleasantly decorated and very comfortable. This is what I expect from a Florida hotel. The $89 per night price was even better. Thank you Courtyard. The front desk clerks were polite and very efficient.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I actually stayed here before a few years ago so I thought I'd try it again. Check-in was great! The female night manager was very friendly and professional. There was also a young girl with dark hair that was very nice and was a great Marriott employee.
I cannot say the same about the guy working the overnight shift with dark hair. He never had his name tag on, NEVER smiled and it seemed like we were bothering him whenever we went to the front desk.
The room was GREAT! Beds were very comfortable and the entire room was immaculate!
I wouldn't mind staying again if I was in the Miami area but the service and attentiveness from the overnight team really needs improvement.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to share a review of our hotel. We are glad that you choose to come back to Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike for your stay in Miami. It is our goal to consistently offer superior service and accommodations. I apologize that this was not the case with the night staff but I am glad to see that the other staff members you encountered showed our true spirit of hospitality. I have shared your comments with the staff and we will use these to monitor and improve our service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have used this hotel twice when joining a cruise ship. It is quite remote but ideal if all you want is a good hotel in a safe quiet area before you go to either the Cruise terminal or the airport. It is situated about two minutes off the Florida Turnpike. The hotel staff are very pleasant and check in is quick. The rooms are very clean, spacious and modern. There is a small Bistro that serves breakfast and evening meals. There is a private restaurant next door but we didn't mind driving a couple of miles to a restaurant of our choice. On our first visit we were going direct to the cruise terminal and it was about 20 minutes drive. On this visit we were dropping our hire car off at the airport before taking the free rental company shuttel to the cruise terminal. The airport is about 20 minutes drive too.
I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again even if I was visiting Miami for a few days vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments with others. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you in your lodging needs.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and well managed. The check in/out processes are very fast, hassle-free and convenient. Rooms are classy, with very comfortable bed and nice decors. The location is not very far from down town and close to dolphin mall. This is the kind of hotel in Miami where one would not feel stressed at all.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments with others. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Should you need ever needs any assistance in booking future travels please feel free to contact me.

Laura

Been to Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike? Share your experiences!