“It was good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“It was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I actually stayed here before a few years ago so I thought I'd try it again. Check-in was great! The female night manager was very friendly and professional. There was also a young girl with dark hair that was very nice and was a great Marriott employee.
I cannot say the same about the guy working the overnight shift with dark hair. He never had his name tag on, NEVER smiled and it seemed like we were bothering him whenever we went to the front desk.
The room was GREAT! Beds were very comfortable and the entire room was immaculate!
I wouldn't mind staying again if I was in the Miami area but the service and attentiveness from the overnight team really needs improvement.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share a review of our hotel. We are glad that you choose to come back to Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike for your stay in Miami. It is our goal to consistently offer superior service and accommodations. I apologize that this was not the case with the night staff but I am glad to see that the other staff members you encountered showed our true spirit of hospitality. I have shared your comments with the staff and we will use these to monitor and improve our service.

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have used this hotel twice when joining a cruise ship. It is quite remote but ideal if all you want is a good hotel in a safe quiet area before you go to either the Cruise terminal or the airport. It is situated about two minutes off the Florida Turnpike. The hotel staff are very pleasant and check in is quick. The rooms are very clean, spacious and modern. There is a small Bistro that serves breakfast and evening meals. There is a private restaurant next door but we didn't mind driving a couple of miles to a restaurant of our choice. On our first visit we were going direct to the cruise terminal and it was about 20 minutes drive. On this visit we were dropping our hire car off at the airport before taking the free rental company shuttel to the cruise terminal. The airport is about 20 minutes drive too.
I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again even if I was visiting Miami for a few days vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments with others. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you in your lodging needs.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and well managed. The check in/out processes are very fast, hassle-free and convenient. Rooms are classy, with very comfortable bed and nice decors. The location is not very far from down town and close to dolphin mall. This is the kind of hotel in Miami where one would not feel stressed at all.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments with others. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. Should you need ever needs any assistance in booking future travels please feel free to contact me.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This almost new and very well designed hotel, is an excellent choice to stay with family in Miami, in a quite area but near of the main attractions. The personnel is not so gentle as it should e, but seems to be that, nowadays, is a extended (bad) behavior in Mami

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback from your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the service. Your comments have been shared with the staff and we look forward to improved performance as a result of your feedback.

Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this Courtyard. I was in town on business for five days and had to shuttle between Broward County and Miami Dade County. This hotel is ten minutes from Broward county via the nearby (1 block away) Florida Turnpike. The staff at the hotel was very polite and professional. The hotel is well maintained. The only negative was the food. Nothing was freshly prepared. Other than that, nice stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We realize there are several hotel choices in Miami and we thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel and I first called there and asked them when can i check in they said 45-1hour so i said ok so i drove around miami for 1hour and 20minutes to make sure my room would be ready when i got there . So I arrived at this hotel this Cuban lady around 60 fyi she could barely speak english due to the language barrel at least have someone who can speak proper english if there going to be checking people in so anyways she helped me and she told be no rooms would be ready until 2 more hours after i already waited 1hour and 20 minutes this same lady who told me this over the phone and she also told me that they only had 1 queen bed after i made my reservation saying that i needed two beds then this Cuban lady got smart with me saying just because you said that doesnt mean you gonna get it in a very unpleasant tone i mean how does she have the audacity to get smart with me and she can barely speak English? I left this hotel and had a amazing Experience at the beautiful Hyatt witch was much more nicer!Cubans think they own Miami and not that nice to African Americans or people of color do not stay here at the Courtyard Miami West/ unless you want a unpleasant trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. It is our goal to provide each and every guest with the best experience possible at our hotel. I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with the staff as a learning experience, and look forward to improved performance as a result of your feedback.

Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Everything was clean, nice customer service, location is not the best if you have not a car, shopping places are within 9 km around, good wireless connection, breakfast is not the best but overall for the price its an excellent choice.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike? Share your experiences!