“Much better than you'd expect” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #22 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Much better than you'd expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was my first stay at a Courtyard hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so you're not likely to just stay here as part of your FL vacation. But, if you find yourself visiting one of the corporations just down the street (why they chose to build there is beyond me), you could do worse than stay at the Courtyard. The rooms are clean, nicely furnished and feel almost new. Decent shower, as well, which is always appreciated. Breakfast selections could have been improved, but perhaps the lack of variety was a function of when I arrived for my meal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank qwertysv

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is hotel is exactly what you expect when staying in a Courtyard Hotel. They are all designed the same and this was no exception. The rooms are fine, the bedding is great. The location of this hotel kind of feels like it's in the middle of no where, but really, there are a few great restuarants (Chinesse, Itallian and Subway) right next door and you're very close to Doral.
The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was excelent.

Becareful of the runners and bikers on the entrance road. Every evening, it felt like there were a lot of them on the road leading into the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had a brief stay at this hotel . All I can say is right now I am at the Holiday Inn and I wish I could return to Courtyard Miami West. Hotel is beautiful and modern. Rooms while not huge are adequate in size , clean and comfortable. Finishes throughout this hotel are outstanding and in general the public areas are extremely clean and inviting. I really regret not booking my entire stay here. Nonetheless , I do have one gripe my room wasn't cleaned over the 3 days I spent there and staff at reception were not that friendly. However, the pros out weigh the cons and I would def stay here again in the future. Beautiful Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chica42
Luton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great Hotel, location is OK

Good Points:

Very helpful and friendly reception staff
Huge room, clean, good bathroom with great shower
TV channels selection is good
Shop in the hotel has basics and there is a small cafe which serves basic food
Pool and Jacuzzi is great but beware of bugs biting you! but that isnnot the hotels fault, thats just miami
Around 25-30 minutes from Miami Beach
There is a shuttle to Dolphin Mall but we didn't use it.
Didnt eat at the restuarant, but menu is limited.

Bad points:

Location is OK, there is no shops or restaurants nearby that you can walk to. So a car is a must! This hotel is literally off the highway and there is nothing around it.
Closest populated area is Hialeah which is mainly hispanic, not dangerous but we struggled to find any English speaking shops. there is a Walmart around 5 min drive which is good.
Don't forget to buy a Sun Pass if you've got a rental car!!

Room Tip: Get the double queen room even if theres only 2 of you, as price is usually same, but room is huge!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stopped there on my way to Miami to catch a cruise.
The place was mostly clean.
There is no free breakfast there.
The place looks new and the cleaning staff was friendly. I felt a little rushed by the person at the reception while checking out.
The AC unit was dusty and needs to be added to the cleaning routine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just spent two nights here. I know it was in the middle of nowhere but you are really only about 10 minutes away from restaurants etc.. in Doral. What I liked about the hotel were the rooms. Very clean and comfortable bed. Also the black out curtains were the best I've ever seen. If you closed them in the middle of the day you would have no idea it was day time, that's how dark the room stayed.

What I was not so pleased about was the staff. For example we called down for towels and they never sent them. The front desk staff was just not that friendly. The other issue I had was with their small restaurant. I got an order of Hummus and they give you a huge amount of Hummus which is great, however they barely give you any flat bread to eat all the Hummus. When I asked if I can have some more flat bread, I was told I had to order another order of the Hummus. That was crazy to me. Also the hygiene of the girl who worked in the morning was beyond disgusting. She would cough in her hand and then handle food. She would wipe her mouth and do the same. Management needs to train their employees who handle food the proper technique to cough etc.....

Would I stay there again? If the price is right I would. I just wouldn't eat at their restaurant nor try to deal with the front desk because I did like the rooms and in the end that's what is most important.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cruisedave
Manhattan, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

There are so many better hotels than this in FL I can't see any reason for staying here. This is one of the worst international chain hotels I stayed at considering the brand name. Everything went wrong start from the beginning. From the perspective of Hotelier front staff and management needs more education, they have no clue about the customer service. Manager on duty that I was dealing with was very lackadaisical. I was promised a late check out during the checking time and but the manager on duty next was almost argue with me and trying explain that she was doing me a favor.

I suggest other friends and co works to not choose this hotel if they go Florida. I will make sure to spread the word to other who works for all Marriott and different properties how they treat the guests. People go for travel with great expectation, and even small things might make their trip as very bad memory.
This time, especially when I checked out the hotel, our Miami trip memory became one of the worst trip ever for me. Nothing is more frustrating than being accused of something you didn't do. I still have problems with my credit card after the trip.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There are plenty of hotels in the area. Find someplace where the staff have hot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple