“Terrible Experience and Management is Horrible ...” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Manhattan, New York, United States
“Terrible Experience and Management is Horrible ...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

There are so many better hotels than this in FL I can't see any reason for staying here. This is one of the worst international chain hotels I stayed at considering the brand name. Everything went wrong start from the beginning. From the perspective of Hotelier front staff and management needs more education, they have no clue about the customer service. Manager on duty that I was dealing with was very lackadaisical. I was promised a late check out during the checking time and but the manager on duty next was almost argue with me and trying explain that she was doing me a favor.

I suggest other friends and co works to not choose this hotel if they go Florida. I will make sure to spread the word to other who works for all Marriott and different properties how they treat the guests. People go for travel with great expectation, and even small things might make their trip as very bad memory.
This time, especially when I checked out the hotel, our Miami trip memory became one of the worst trip ever for me. Nothing is more frustrating than being accused of something you didn't do. I still have problems with my credit card after the trip.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There are plenty of hotels in the area. Find someplace where the staff have hot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was in Miami because I had great a rate on my flight and an even better rate at this hotel. When I rented the car the woman asked if I needed a Sunpass but I declined because I decided I would use the "cash" line. Wrong, some highways don't have cash lines. Either you have a Sun pass or they read the tag of the vehicle. Ughhh, I haven't received my bill yet but I was bamboozled twice. Anyway, the hotel was like any other Courtyard and was very spacious. I was able to check in early which was great. The property is located in an industrial area so there's not much to do so you need a car. To avoid the tolls I had to travel a few miles down to get on either 75 or take local streets. The Florida Turnpike is near the hotel but it didn't work for me without having a Sun pass. I would stay there again but be more prepared by bringing my EZ pass.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while celebrating my 30th birthday in Miami. The hotel is new, very well designed, and conformable. The rooms are very nice as well. We didn't have any issues to report and enjoyed out stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Willemstad, Curacao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for a very reasonable price. Service was good, rooms are spacious, just any thing you want a hotel to offer is there. However, when you get of the turnpike you are passing an unmanned toll. There is no turningback and no way to pay. When I got home I had a USD 50 fine for passing two toll boots. 1) Miramar 2) NW 106th ST West
I always pay my tolls so I am a bit pissed that Miami tricks people into these fines.
Bottom line is that if you do not have a Sun Pass you better stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. The southern portion of the Florida Turnpike is now cashless. You may either pay by a Sunpass or you will be billed "toll-by-plate," therefore anyone can utilize the hotel exit. The “toll-by-plate” portion of the Turnpike is billed at the cost of the toll plus an administration fee between $2 USD and $5 USD. I would recommend contacting the customer service number and inquiring about the $50. Fines should not be accessed for utilizing the “toll-by-plate” service.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip, and it was the perfect place to come home to after a full day. It would make a great place to stay for families as well as for business. The hotel is located right next to an industrial area, so it's more likely you will see business travelers, but regardless, if you're looking for a comfortable place to stay off the turnpike, you can't beat this place. The beds are comfortable, and the internet is fast, unlike that of some of the competing brands nearby. The only drawback for me is that breakfast wasn't included, as it is at such places like Hampton or SpringHill Suites. I know those are different service levels, so that may be why. All in all, I would definitely stay here again, and I recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to the area.

Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way North from the Keys. I was a little concerned with safety in the Miami area so I wanted a convenient location as far West of the city, but with easy access for a few of the attractions in the Miami area. I was very pleased with the surroundings, as I felt safe at all hours. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very courteous and provided insite into locations we wanted to get to. The only issues we had was the lack of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel, and since Courtyards do not serve a free continental breakfast, we spent a good bit of time looking for the food we wanted. I would definately stay here again if in the Miami area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. The Courtyard is located approximately 5 miles from several local restaurants. You may also take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service that can transport you to several restaurants as well as the Dolphin Mall. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to the area.

Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Hello,

I stayed there recently Jun 11 - Jun 15. Since my arrivel at the hotel i was impressed by the frontdesk how they greet me and welcomed me. I have traveled with my mom and my 4 year old. When i checked my room was ready i have req for high floor and got it. The room was spacios and very nice and most imported clean. the sheet where so comfy and soft can't complain about anything. Its close to the shoping mall. First time i stayed there and it will not be my last. Thank you Marriott Courtyard for a nice 5 day stay P.S Housekeeping staf are so sweet and kind. Now i am back on Aruba

Room Tip: High Floor RM 416
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We realize there are several hotel choices in Miami and we thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay with us. The staff will appreciate reading your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Laura

Been to Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike? Share your experiences!