“Very nice property.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Arab, Alabama
“Very nice property.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way North from the Keys. I was a little concerned with safety in the Miami area so I wanted a convenient location as far West of the city, but with easy access for a few of the attractions in the Miami area. I was very pleased with the surroundings, as I felt safe at all hours. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was very courteous and provided insite into locations we wanted to get to. The only issues we had was the lack of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel, and since Courtyards do not serve a free continental breakfast, we spent a good bit of time looking for the food we wanted. I would definately stay here again if in the Miami area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. The Courtyard is located approximately 5 miles from several local restaurants. You may also take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service that can transport you to several restaurants as well as the Dolphin Mall. We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to the area.

Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Hello,

I stayed there recently Jun 11 - Jun 15. Since my arrivel at the hotel i was impressed by the frontdesk how they greet me and welcomed me. I have traveled with my mom and my 4 year old. When i checked my room was ready i have req for high floor and got it. The room was spacios and very nice and most imported clean. the sheet where so comfy and soft can't complain about anything. Its close to the shoping mall. First time i stayed there and it will not be my last. Thank you Marriott Courtyard for a nice 5 day stay P.S Housekeeping staf are so sweet and kind. Now i am back on Aruba

Room Tip: High Floor RM 416
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We realize there are several hotel choices in Miami and we thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay with us. The staff will appreciate reading your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Room was very spacious clean and a overall great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Miami.

Regards, Laura
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before but since my last visit I had to stay at another hotel for 3 different stays since my favorite was booked. Although the other Marriott hotel was centrally located for my business trip and their staff was very attentive, I still receive THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE at the Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike... I was there last week and once again I was welcomed with a big smile from Milay and yet again, she remembered my likes and booked me into my favorite spot.... I was tired and after a 4 hour trip I could use a nice cold refreshment. I did arrive before the Bistro open for business but Melissa did not hesitate to serve me even though it was closed for another hour. Not only she did that on my arrival but later that night I got back from a business meeting and didn’t realized the Bistro had already closed (talk about timing or lack off-LOL). Melissa once again took care of my request. I apologized after I realized she had closed but she smile and said it was not a problem at all…
I travel constantly and once I find a good hotel (must likely a Marriott) I stay at the same place over and over but the staff at this hotel is second to none… and both Milay and Melissa rock… Even though I had never met the GM, Laura Fernandez you to rock. The staff is an extension of the GM and Ms. Fernandez must be leading her staff by example… Keep it up guys :)
Martin

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Courtyard Miami West/Florida Turnpike. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our new hotel. I will share your comments with Milay, Melissa and the team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Miami.

Regards, Laura
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

(FYI ~ I've slept almost 2 years of my life in Marriott property beds.) Marriott has really upgraded their new Courtyards! The lobby is beautiful, stylish, and very clean. Front desk service was friendly and helpful. However, linens in room were wrinkled, dingy and unpleasant smell...like at a much, much older hotel. Rooms were not as clean as the lobby. If I were owners, I'd spot QC cleaning and laundry service at this new hotel to ensure they meet Marriott's high quality standards.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback from your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with the linen. Your comments have been shared with the staff and we look forward to improved performance as a result of your feedback.

Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Chose this property for a quick weekend stay in Miami while dropping family off at the Port. This is a newer property which means it has all the upgrades that you may have seen if you have stayed at a Courtyard before. When we checked in that day, the two front desk agents were very friendly ( I believe one was Betty (?) from Puerto Rico and the other from Cuba (?) ). We got the two rooms just as requested at the AAA rate. Both rooms were very clean. Good amenities in the bathroom with Paul Mitchell hair products.
The next morning I discovered a major billing issue concerning the two rooms. It seemed that I was mis-informed about the billing process upon check in. At first I was very angry/upset but the Manager on Duty, Ines, was able to calm me down and get everything corrected. That was the only issue with the stay.
It is directly off the Turnpike and near US 27 which will bring you down to the Airport and other destinations. Using the toll roads, you are only about 15 min from the Airport, 20 min from the new Marlins Park and the American Airlines Arena, and only about 25 min from South Beach and the Port. We did a lot of traveling and tried to use US 27 most of the time to avoid some tolls but eventually you will want to use them.
There is not much in the way of food in the immediate area. There is a Burger King and Denny's 5 minutes away. There is also a Subway and a pizzeria (Loven Ovens, awesome pizza) that is very near the entrance of the hotel.
*Warning* Certain toll roads in South Florida have gone Cash-less. If you do not have a SunPass, your plate will be photographed and you will be sent a bill for the toll (a higher one then if you have a SunPass) plus admin fee

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff is very friendly and always checking to see if they can do anything for you. I travel all week for work and it's good to have a hotel that you feel like you are coming "home" when you arrive. I would like to say a Big Thank You to the night manager Ines she is awesome. Great customer service. The hotel is very clean and quiet and just off the turnpike.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We realize there are several hotel choices in Miami and we thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Laura

Been to Courtyard Miami West/FL Turnpike? Share your experiences!