“Don't stay here until renovations done” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #83 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Don't stay here until renovations done”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a mess. I had to concoct my own curtains by using a bedspread and the hangers in my closet. There was no fridge...it had not been installed yet. You have to pay for breakfast. The hotel doesn't smell very good. The exercise room is closed. My room was mostly renovated and I can tell it will be nice eventually. But don't stay here until they fix everything. It's a mess.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments and the review of your most recent stay at the Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area. The renovation process has been a long one, but the end is in sight. The guestrooms are 99% complete, the lobby, restaurant, bar areas are within reach of completion.

We are excited to see the renovations start to come to a close and once the inside is done we will refresh the exterior with a fresh new look.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to being at your service again when travel brings you back to our area.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I understood that this hotel was under renovations.... However, we were in a newly renovated room and it was poorly done. The painters did not clean up after themselves and you had to put your shoulder into the door to like a linebacker to get it to open. There were holes in the wall (like someone punched it) that were filled but never sanded.
The pool was so cold it was uncomfortable to be in. It was in the middle of 2 building so we never saw the sun.
We book thru a booking Lady named Linda that offered us a great group discount since there were 12 couples. However because of the group discount it excluded all of the features, which she never told us. So come morning we found out our continental breakfast was not include nor was the transportation to our ship.
Although we would have loved to enjoy the hotel and it's surroundings and we would have had plenty of time to do so... This was just a quite costly bed to sleep in. I would not recommend this hotel unless everything else is booked and do NOT trust Linda Camerena Sales Rep from Baywood hotels!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ken H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Annabelle1080,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Miami - Doral. I apologize for the issues brought up in your review regarding the accommodations.

Our renovations are almost complete in our guestrooms and we are also almost complete on the lobby level.

I would like to speak with you on a more one to one basis to gather more details of your stay. Please contact me at (305) 500-9000.

Once again I appreciate your comments and look forward to your call.
London, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

They are remodelling this property and check in was a challenge with all the jack hammers, However we were put on the 4 the floor and all was well. The room is getting tired and the a/c was quite noisy . Our big surprise came at 6:30 in the am when we went to the alcove for a coffee and a muffin , as we were leaving the girl asked, voucher or cash, WHAT ,went to the desk and were advised . No voucher with that room,. Paid cash $15.00 each for a coffee and a muffin Surprise. I would not be upset if asked when we sat down that breakfast was $15 or a voucher, then a choice can be made . This was an ambush! It soured our experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ken H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Harry D,

Thanks for the review of your most recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Miami - Doral. There are a lot of changes happening here, all for the better. I'm sorry you feel that you were surprised about the renovations and the cost for breakfast. The cost of our buffet is $13.95 and it is "all you can eat" or you can order "ala carte" for individual items from our menu.

I have spoken with our breakfast team and the restaurant manager to be sure that all guests are better informed of their choices and the associated costs. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Travel Safe,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a cancelled flight from American Airlines on Nov 24th/13. So we negotiated and got a half price discount for stay here. Still it was $71 at half price. Also, we had to wait 45 min for a supposedly 20 min wait for shuttle.
The room was really clean once we arrived. Check in was right away even sign said check in 3pm we arrived 12:30 afternoon. TV had enough channels for me to catch up shows I like.
For the situation we were in, I am not complaining at all about the facility. But we are timeshare owners for 3 yrs now and defintely wont pay $140 reg price per night if thats what it is. This was just an extreme situation for us to book in a regular hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Ken H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. I'm glad to see the accommodations were up to your standards and that you enjoyed your stay. I will speak with our shuttle drivers to insure that the wait time for transportation at the airport is better. I appreciate your comments.
Reading, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The hotel is currently undergoing fairly significant interior refurbishment which is causing considerable disruption.

From shut elevators (meaning I had to use the fire escape to get to my room) through to constant rubble in reception. Which ever way you look at it this hotel is currently a mess.

They'd be better off shutting it completely for a couple of weeks rather than trying to work around guests.

The worst thing is the hotel isn't even that cheap!!

Room Tip: Try to find a room away from the construction. Like maybe in a different hotel....
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ken H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your most recent review of the Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. No matter how you look at it renovations are disruptive for any operation, but I can assure you that the results will be worth the the interruptions. We strive for a perfect stay with each guest and I apologize if we have let you down. Thank you again for your comments, please visit us again when travel brings you to our area you will be pleasantly surprised when you see and experience the new product.
Massapequa, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Of all the Holiday Inn's I've stayed at, this was the first one that I wouldn't go back to... the staff was extremely friendly and helpful but the facility seemed like it needed to be fixed up, new, clean furniture and get rid of a gecko problem (found one chilling on my bed when I checked in)

I didn't try the breakfast, felt it was worth going somewhere else for food.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ken H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Miami-Doral. I will share your positive feed back regarding our staff with the team. We are currently undergoing a guestroom refresh which will include carpet, paint, furniture and drapery for all guestrooms. I'm sure you will like the changes we have in store.
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent the night here prior to leaving for a cruise. The front desk staff was very friendly and gave us suggestions of places to eat. They also recommended not leaving for the cruise port too early as we would be stuck in traffic. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Every employee we encountered was extremely nice and welcoming. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ken H, Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear 13betty,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Miami - Doral, I will share your comments with the staff. we have received many compliments regarding our beds they are very comfortable.
We hope to see you again when travel brings you back to our area.

Been to Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area? Share your experiences!