We love to cruise out of the port of Miami, and often combine our cruises by coming in a day early and getting into our "pre-cruise" celebratory mode! Of course this means we need a hotel, and for me it quite often means a Holiday Inn. As we live in SW Florida, we drive over to Miami, which gives us a lot of flexibility for hotel locations, as we don't have to worry about being close to the port.
We've stayed in this hotel on two occcasions -- and have encountered some of the friendliest desk personnel in the business. Polite, courteous, welcoming, and helpful. The hotel is about 2 miles from the Miami airport, which made it easy for us to pick up family who were flying in. Nothing overly spectacular about this hotel, but in typical Holiday Inn fashion, it was comfortable, clean, and quiet. It does have small restaurant on site, but for us the bigger attraction was the Doral Ale House restaurant, located literally right in the parking lot and only a two-minute walk.
We like to stay in the Doral area of Miami - is is usually pretty serene, and the hotel location is convenient to other places we frequent as well. Two Starbucks (for my morning coffee), each one about 1 mile away in different directions; also many other restaurants nearby, such as Tony Roma's, Johnny Carino's, just to name a couple.
Admittedly, we are Holiday Inn fans, so we weren't surprised at the great reception and service we received here. We'll definitely include this hotel in our future travel plans.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Miami Doral Area. Our hotel is conveniently located to the Miami International Airport and only 10 miles from beautiful downtown Miami, South Beach, Port of Miami and Amtrak with convenience to the Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-75, 836-Dolphin Expressway and 826-Palmetto Expressway. Families looking for lodging in Miami Doral are sure to enjoy the comforts of the Holiday Inn Miami Dora-Area, located on 87th Avenue with close proximity to many local attractions such as the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Homestead Speedway, American Airlines Arena, South Beach, and Doral Golf Resort. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our accommodations. Our hotel is within walking distance to many large companies, such as; Carnival Cruise Lines, Boston Scientific, with just a short drive to Norwegian Cruise Lines, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Palmetto Hospital. In addition our hotel offers a business center,free wireless Internet and free parking. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant, The Changes Cafe Bar and Grill. We also offer daily complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 AM - 11 PM. While lodging at our hotel you can keep up with your daily routine with our 24 hour fitness center, or you can relax in our lounge,meet with friends and family and watch a game or just relax poolside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.