Let's start with the bad.
This hotel looks like every other hotel in the area from the outside. It is probably some stupid local law that makes this so. Where this hotel could stand out is on the interior. The common areas are very well worn and in need of an update from its early-80s decor. The rooms are blander than bland and in need of a major upgrade. For instance, in the year 2013, all hotels should be free of bathtubs in most (if not all) rooms. Modernized standing showers are the way to go. The color scheme is horrible. No coffee maker in the rooms. And no channel guide or local area listings either. The bed was terrible - I never felt like I got a good rest. I do not expect anyone in management or ownership to look at this review.
Now for the good.
The hotel staff were amazing - friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful, and always greeted me by name. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. Parking is plentiful. The breakfast area is efficient and the breakfast is decent.
I would not under any circumstances choose this hotel if I were on vacation. There is the chance that this hotel can stand out on more than its highly skilled staff (I am NOT talking about management, not that I had any dealing with them).
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Miami Doral Area. Our hotel is conveniently located to the Miami International Airport and only 10 miles from beautiful downtown Miami, South Beach, Port of Miami and Amtrak with convenience to the Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-75, 836-Dolphin Expressway and 826-Palmetto Expressway. Families looking for lodging in Miami Doral are sure to enjoy the comforts of the Holiday Inn Miami Dora-Area, located on 87th Avenue with close proximity to many local attractions such as the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Homestead Speedway, American Airlines Arena, South Beach, and Doral Golf Resort. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our accommodations. Our hotel is within walking distance to many large companies, such as; Carnival Cruise Lines, Boston Scientific, with just a short drive to Norwegian Cruise Lines, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Palmetto Hospital. In addition our hotel offers a business center,free wireless Internet and free parking. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant, The Changes Cafe Bar and Grill. We also offer daily complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 AM - 11 PM. While lodging at our hotel you can keep up with your daily routine with our 24 hour fitness center, or you can relax in our lounge,meet with friends and family and watch a game or just relax poolside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.