“No Thanks, we wil stay elsewhere next time.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #86 of 130 hotels in Miami
Houston, Texas
“No Thanks, we wil stay elsewhere next time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at this location for one night prior to heading to the Keys. I have availability of a great corporate rate at this hotel, but even taking that into consideration I doubt that I would ever stay here again. Parking is a nightmare since they allow patrons of the nearby bar to park in the lot, check in is disorganized, and they do not properly block rooms to honor room type, even for elite members of Priority Club. The hotel is rather outdated and, but is clean.

The location was easy to find by GPS. The hotel is in a quiet area, a bit off the freeway so no noise, but does experience noise from the nearby bar. The hotel rather outdated and really in need of a remodel. The lobby is acceptable. On the first floor is a restaurant area and bar but it looked really messy so we did not even attempt to eat breakfast there. We went to a local Dunkin Donuts instead. There is one computer for guest use. There is a small outdoor swimming awkwardly sandwiched between two hotels. They have a small but once again outdated gym with basic cardio equipment and weights.

The staff was friendly but very inefficient. They had failed to block out our room type which we had to argue with them about. Not what we wanted to experience after working all day and then traveling. . There is no free continental breakfast as this is a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn express, that is fine and what we expected. This is definitely the “old” Holiday Inn – not the nicely rebranded Holiday Inn of this decade.

The room was relatively clean, smelled fresh, but very outdated spartan décor. Thad a very nice bed, but worn out pillows - both soft and firm. The curtains in the room are horrible about blocking out the light. Also though there was not any noise from outside, the amount of hall noise, slamming doors, and sound from nearby rooms was excessive. The bathroom relatively large bathroom and plenty of counter space, but once again outdated. The blow dryer was weak.

You had to move the desk to watch TV from the work desk so for a business traveler it was not perfect but was workable. There is free Wi-Fi hotel wide, and it worked fine the one time we tried to use it. Our room had a small fridge and comfortable climate control system. You could not leave the blower motor on for the climate control while having the heat or air on, for white noise!

There are a few dining options in a short driving distance. I was not welcomed as a Priority Club elite member, though we were given one bottle of water and a bag of cookies for two people. Kind of cheesy, either provide it for both people or don’t bother. .

The hotel also did not bother to put the bill under the door over night, causing a delay on departure for the guests.

After talking with the MOD some adjustments were offered, which was kindly agreed to. Unfortunately it took several weeks of calls and email to the hotel with no response before the offer was properly taken care of. (to their credit they did make a larger than originally promised adjustment to make up for the lack of responsiveness)

All in all, I don’t see us choosing this location again if we are in the area, even given the great corporate rate.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room facing away from the nearby bar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear pcsanity,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nothing special about this property except the fact that it is in Doral. The rooms were comfortable, the staff friendly and the food ok...

I did eat breakfast at the close by Latin America restaurant.

This was a short trip and there was nothing out of the ordinary that I could mention in the review.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Hyginus F,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Miami on a business trip with my company. Was a quick turnaround - arrived on a Tues and departed on a Weds.

This Holiday Inn wasn't too bad. I was disappointed by accomodations from a Non Smoking room standpoint. I booked a non smoking room which I received. But the people in the adjoining room decided to smoke anyway. Because I was in an adjoining room, the smoke entered my room. I called the front desk and spoke with Angela. She said the best she could do was call them and tell them to stop. Don't think she did because the smoke took a while to stop. Angela would not change my room.

The breakfast the next morning was just so so. My collegues staying at the nearby Hyatt had a MUCH better breakfast. Next time, I will probably stay there. I know the rooms there are better anyway.

Overall, staying at this Holiday Inn wasn't too bad. The rooms are well kept. I was disappointed by the lack of complimentary shampoos. Perhaps an oversight but still and oversight non the less.

If I were to visit this area, this hotel would not be my last resort choice, but certainly not my first.

Room Tip: Ask for the government rate - much cheaper than what my company originally booked. Also, be sure to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear davidga7,

Thank you for staying with us on and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the unusual smell and poor customer service received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Once again, many thanks for your review. We hope to serve you soon and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in a 2 double bed room. Quiet location, though planes flying by but that was not too bothering.
Bed comfy, not too soft, choice of soft / firm pillow is nice.
Bathroom big enough, clean.
Breakfast is not the "plastic" kind that you get at the Holiday Inn Express, much appreciated eating in a proper plate.
Nice staff. Good wifi.
Not much to do around the hotel but fairly easy to get to.

BOca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time that I ended up staying at a Holiday Inn that I found through the express search on Priceline. In each instance the rooms were clean modern and reasonably price. The service was excellent. A great value. I will continue to use the express option on Priceline

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just now checked out of this hotel, about 45 minutes ago. It's 10:57 pm.. December 6th 2012. Upon check in, the front desk clerk was friendly, helpful. In route to our rooms, I noticed a loud, nasty odor in the hallway. Entering room.. The nasty carpet moldy odor followed. The room was stuffy, stinky and dirty. This hotel is NO 3 star, probably 1.5. House keeping came and wanted to douse the room with air freshener... Like really. I checked the hell out.. Currently at intercontinental at Doral... Clean n fresh so far. I'm done with holiday inns.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Lexi1025,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the condition in which you found your room. We have addressed the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Myrna M
Bridgetown, Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Basic hotel, normal everything. Free car park but paid breakfast ($13 ppd). Staff is diligent and fast. Location is good, can get back to the airport in 10min or less. There are a couple restaurants nearby (walking distance) that are good enough. Clean room and bathroom, good toiletries.

AC a bit noisy, pillows are too fat and small for my taste.

It's a business type, typical Holiday Inn hotel. Not for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area? Share your experiences!