We stayed at this location for one night prior to heading to the Keys. I have availability of a great corporate rate at this hotel, but even taking that into consideration I doubt that I would ever stay here again. Parking is a nightmare since they allow patrons of the nearby bar to park in the lot, check in is disorganized, and they do not properly block rooms to honor room type, even for elite members of Priority Club. The hotel is rather outdated and, but is clean.
The location was easy to find by GPS. The hotel is in a quiet area, a bit off the freeway so no noise, but does experience noise from the nearby bar. The hotel rather outdated and really in need of a remodel. The lobby is acceptable. On the first floor is a restaurant area and bar but it looked really messy so we did not even attempt to eat breakfast there. We went to a local Dunkin Donuts instead. There is one computer for guest use. There is a small outdoor swimming awkwardly sandwiched between two hotels. They have a small but once again outdated gym with basic cardio equipment and weights.
The staff was friendly but very inefficient. They had failed to block out our room type which we had to argue with them about. Not what we wanted to experience after working all day and then traveling. . There is no free continental breakfast as this is a Holiday Inn, not a Holiday Inn express, that is fine and what we expected. This is definitely the “old” Holiday Inn – not the nicely rebranded Holiday Inn of this decade.
The room was relatively clean, smelled fresh, but very outdated spartan décor. Thad a very nice bed, but worn out pillows - both soft and firm. The curtains in the room are horrible about blocking out the light. Also though there was not any noise from outside, the amount of hall noise, slamming doors, and sound from nearby rooms was excessive. The bathroom relatively large bathroom and plenty of counter space, but once again outdated. The blow dryer was weak.
You had to move the desk to watch TV from the work desk so for a business traveler it was not perfect but was workable. There is free Wi-Fi hotel wide, and it worked fine the one time we tried to use it. Our room had a small fridge and comfortable climate control system. You could not leave the blower motor on for the climate control while having the heat or air on, for white noise!
There are a few dining options in a short driving distance. I was not welcomed as a Priority Club elite member, though we were given one bottle of water and a bag of cookies for two people. Kind of cheesy, either provide it for both people or don’t bother. .
The hotel also did not bother to put the bill under the door over night, causing a delay on departure for the guests.
After talking with the MOD some adjustments were offered, which was kindly agreed to. Unfortunately it took several weeks of calls and email to the hotel with no response before the offer was properly taken care of. (to their credit they did make a larger than originally promised adjustment to make up for the lack of responsiveness)
All in all, I don’t see us choosing this location again if we are in the area, even given the great corporate rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy comfort at the Holiday Inn Miami Doral Area. Our hotel is conveniently located to the Miami International Airport and only 10 miles from beautiful downtown Miami, South Beach, Port of Miami and Amtrak with convenience to the Florida Turnpike, I-95, I-75, 836-Dolphin Expressway and 826-Palmetto Expressway. Families looking for lodging in Miami Doral are sure to enjoy the comforts of the Holiday Inn Miami Dora-Area, located on 87th Avenue with close proximity to many local attractions such as the Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Homestead Speedway, American Airlines Arena, South Beach, and Doral Golf Resort. Corporate travelers are impressed by the convenience of our accommodations. Our hotel is within walking distance to many large companies, such as; Carnival Cruise Lines, Boston Scientific, with just a short drive to Norwegian Cruise Lines, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Palmetto Hospital. In addition our hotel offers a business center,free wireless Internet and free parking. Hotel amenities include a full-service restaurant, The Changes Cafe Bar and Grill. We also offer daily complimentary airport shuttle service from 6 AM - 11 PM. While lodging at our hotel you can keep up with your daily routine with our 24 hour fitness center, or you can relax in our lounge,meet with friends and family and watch a game or just relax poolside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Express Miami