“Business Trip to Miami - Stayed at Holiday Inn Doral” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #87 of 130 hotels in Miami
Acworth, Georgia
“Business Trip to Miami - Stayed at Holiday Inn Doral”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Miami on a business trip with my company. Was a quick turnaround - arrived on a Tues and departed on a Weds.

This Holiday Inn wasn't too bad. I was disappointed by accomodations from a Non Smoking room standpoint. I booked a non smoking room which I received. But the people in the adjoining room decided to smoke anyway. Because I was in an adjoining room, the smoke entered my room. I called the front desk and spoke with Angela. She said the best she could do was call them and tell them to stop. Don't think she did because the smoke took a while to stop. Angela would not change my room.

The breakfast the next morning was just so so. My collegues staying at the nearby Hyatt had a MUCH better breakfast. Next time, I will probably stay there. I know the rooms there are better anyway.

Overall, staying at this Holiday Inn wasn't too bad. The rooms are well kept. I was disappointed by the lack of complimentary shampoos. Perhaps an oversight but still and oversight non the less.

If I were to visit this area, this hotel would not be my last resort choice, but certainly not my first.

Room Tip: Ask for the government rate - much cheaper than what my company originally booked. Also, be sure to...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear davidga7,

Thank you for staying with us on and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the unusual smell and poor customer service received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Once again, many thanks for your review. We hope to serve you soon and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in a 2 double bed room. Quiet location, though planes flying by but that was not too bothering.
Bed comfy, not too soft, choice of soft / firm pillow is nice.
Bathroom big enough, clean.
Breakfast is not the "plastic" kind that you get at the Holiday Inn Express, much appreciated eating in a proper plate.
Nice staff. Good wifi.
Not much to do around the hotel but fairly easy to get to.

BOca Raton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time that I ended up staying at a Holiday Inn that I found through the express search on Priceline. In each instance the rooms were clean modern and reasonably price. The service was excellent. A great value. I will continue to use the express option on Priceline

• Stayed December 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just now checked out of this hotel, about 45 minutes ago. It's 10:57 pm.. December 6th 2012. Upon check in, the front desk clerk was friendly, helpful. In route to our rooms, I noticed a loud, nasty odor in the hallway. Entering room.. The nasty carpet moldy odor followed. The room was stuffy, stinky and dirty. This hotel is NO 3 star, probably 1.5. House keeping came and wanted to douse the room with air freshener... Like really. I checked the hell out.. Currently at intercontinental at Doral... Clean n fresh so far. I'm done with holiday inns.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Lexi1025,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the condition in which you found your room. We have addressed the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bridgetown, Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Basic hotel, normal everything. Free car park but paid breakfast ($13 ppd). Staff is diligent and fast. Location is good, can get back to the airport in 10min or less. There are a couple restaurants nearby (walking distance) that are good enough. Clean room and bathroom, good toiletries.

AC a bit noisy, pillows are too fat and small for my taste.

It's a business type, typical Holiday Inn hotel. Not for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bridgetown, Barbados
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Basic hotel, good service at the front desk, breakfast (not complimentary), toiletries and room service. Free car park and very easy to access. Some good decent options for dinning within walking distance. Bed was good and clean, done every day.

On the downside: AC was a bit noisy. First room that was given had a bad damp smell but once I reported it they changed me to another room right away.

I could stay here again but probably not for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

A hotel's employees make all the difference. This hotel has at least two great employees.

We arrived on Tuesday night for a few hours' sleep before flying out of Miami airport on a 7:10 flight Wednesday morning. Since the first hotel shuttle leaves for the airport at 6 AM, we were concerned that we would miss our flight, and considered taking a cab the next morning.

Judy, the night manager, took the initiative to phone Mauricio, the shuttle driver, at home on Tuesday night and ask if he could arrive to work early on Wednesday morning. Mauricio agreed. In fact, we were able to start out at 5:20! Needless to say, we made our flight with time to spare.

While we did tip Mauricio generously, he had no expectation of a tip when he came to work almost an hour early for us. And Judy received no compensation whatsoever for going one step beyond. We hope the hotel recognizes the dedication of these two outstanding employees.

Next time we need to stay in the Miami airport area, we'll be sure to stay at the Holiday Inn Doral!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area? Share your experiences!