“Not as expected based on the rating...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #87 of 131 hotels in Miami
Fort Myers, Florida
“Not as expected based on the rating...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For starters, this is the only holiday inn that was not willing to confirm a double room reservation ] because it was done through an online third party site. I would recommend not selling blocks to third parties if they are unwilling to provide the services. Because of this lack of service, they only offered a SMOKING room. Fortunately, it was not over saturated ad others, but not what was expected.

The rest of the hotel was more a 2.5 star and not the 3 star that was indicated on the reservation. The lobby was clean, but the carpeting in the corridors could have been in better shape. In the room, the mirror had a broken frame and the TV was not functioning properly. The maintenance guy stopped by, and made the same determination after pressing button on the remote and stating that the problem was the service. I later found and tightened the loose connections that were the problem.

I am glad that this was a bargain site reservation and not a direct walk price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is a typical Holiday Inn USA product and provided that you accept that then it is OK. Room airconditioner is a bit noisy, but at least it does drown out the noise from the aircraft climbing out of MIA outside. I didn't have a problem with it. The breakfast is a bit basic but OK, and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The bar is very quiet but great for a peaceful drink if you can't stand the noise at the very good pub next door to the hotel. I stay here in preference to the airport hotels, but beware the traffic when heading to the airport...... You really need a car when staying here as there is not much locally within walking distance

Room Tip: It might be a good idea to ask for a room at the back of the hotel since there may be less aircraft...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

On the upside there is a good bar right out front. It's got great pillows. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

On the downside the entry way needed cleaning and hallways are a bit dingy and carpets need vacuuming. Like many other hotels they have bowed to the bulbous and installed extended shower curtain rods. However, they installed them at door height so you can't open the bathroom door all the way. The gym is a disappointment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear ReallyDolly,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and leaving a review. We are delighted you were pleased with our comfortable beds and pillows. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the cleanliness of the property, shower curtain rods and condition of the gym. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a long weekend, October 5-8. The room was clean and in good condition. The Internet was fast. The Front Desk and Housekeeping employees were attentive and friendly. Due to our schedule visiting family and friends we didn’t eat at the hotel, but the restaurant seemed busy when we walked by. We would definitely stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor at the end of the hall -- never heard anything!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
McDonough, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Nasty rooms. Dusty & moldy carpets. Uncovered holes in walls where outlets were moved. Oh and in case that wasn't enough I discovered I wasn't the only occupant using my bed as a roach crawled over me while I was watching TV. Immediately changed rooms and will probably check out tomorrow if I can brave sleeping here tonight. This is what I get for going away from Marriott hotels I guess. Oh well.

• Stayed October 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear hairydawg78,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Herculaneum, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

my husband golfed at the doral resort and we chose to stay here to save a little $$$. It was a good decision! We were only minutes away form the doral, and from many restaurants and stores. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfy! we also liked the restaurant and bar on site. The staff was very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Even to not be new, the facilities and rooms are nice. The staff was very friendly.

The Doral area Holiday Inn is unique in that there is no complimentary breakfast buffet. We picked it over one closer to the airport because this was a little cheaper, but I didn't realize the "no free breakfast" thing when I booked. They do have a restaurant and room service, though. We ordered breakfast in for fun and the food steward was a nice as can be, but she forgot to bring syrup for our pancakes, or any silverware to eat with. To be honest I don't fault her per se—I got the feeling that room service requests (for breakfast, at least) don't occur very often. The staff apologetically resolved it before our food got too cold.

The beds were comfortable and I liked that the general area of town was nice and quiet. It's a nice part of town just far enough out of the way—and funny enough right next door to Carnival Cruise Lines' corporate headquarters. All-in-all not a bad place to stay. I'd just go out for food next time. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Miami - Doral Area? Share your experiences!