“Night out in Miami” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 100 nightlife in Miami
Type: Bar/ Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: LIV AT THE FONTAINEBLEAU MIAMI BEACHOFFERS ITS GUESTS THE DEFINITIVE MIAMI NIGHTLIFE EXPERIENCEMelding the allure of the historical Fontainebleau and contemporary entertainment, LIV has redefined nightlife on Miami Beach. The quintessential nightspot, fashioned by MMG Nightlife, fuses the appeal of an ultra exclusive lounge and a high-energy nightclub. With over 18,000 square feet of striking architectural design and lavish decor, LIV sets the stage for the ultimate nightlife experience. A voyeuristic design throughout the nightclub gives guests a bird's eye view of the celebrities, VIPs and Miami's most beautiful crowd. LIV features a variety of music formats during its four weekly nights, Wednesday and Friday-Sunday, and offers VIP tables, private skyboxes, three full-service bars and a lavish main dance floor
Washington, DC
8 attraction reviews
“Night out in Miami”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went with my husband while on vacation in Miami. We're not huge clubgoers but we like to go to a club a couple of times a year to dance and for a change of scenery. We picked LIV because it seemed like it was THE club to go to and on that Friday night it had the best DJ. I was nervous about getting in based on the reviews I read and we didnt' have tickets. So we went to Fountainbleu around 10, had a few drinks at the lobby bar and then went over to LIV at 11:30. There was a small "line" and from the reviews I knew to just stand around as near the entrance as I could get. We waited about 20 minutes and then were let in...definetly not as hard as I was expecting. It cost my husband and I 100 bucks at the door, also seemed standard from reviews. The club itself was fun, the DJ was decent, the dance floor was pretty packed and the drinks were expensive...none of that shocking. I had a good time at LIV but I've also been to clubs in other cities and had a better experience. I think this place is a good time but I also think it's a bit overhyped. Next time I'm in Miami I'll probably try out a different club.

Visited October 2012

NIagara Falls, ON
“Bring $$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Visited here a couple of years ago. We went just to say" we went". It was big, crowded, long lines but clean and a really fun environment. Gogo dancers were a nice touch. Security was good. Expensive, for two couples cover and a drink each was $80. Won't say anything bad about it, as it was a nice establishment. Even for Miami your money will go further on Collins Ave.

Visited February 2012
seguin
“waste of money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I went on a Friday nite. Stood in line for an hour. They finally let in 10 people at a time. I never understood why these clubs make you wait and wait. What is the point? Finally got in and then wished I hadn't wasted an hour. This club is nothing but a big 2 story warehouse with smoke machines and two go go dancers. I love techno music but the music was not techno or anything. I don't know what it was. Very disappointing. When I left, there were still people waiting in line at 3 am. Stupid! The media sure did a good job of hyping this club. It is as bad as LAX in vegas. I had a better time at Mango's or Clevander and they had better music.

Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“best club in miami, hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

this is the best club in miami most definitley. it has a huge open floor 4 bars and many vip areas.this club is mostly house music and rap/hip hop on sundays, for this club its a must that you show up with at least 3:1 ratio of girls and or know a promoter to get you in. thats what makes this club good. also there is a lot of beauiful people here. they have amazing headlining djs and a great line up througout the week. this club is a must visit for locals and out of towners.

Tampa, Florida, United States
27 attraction reviews
“It's ok, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you like techno, crowds, and a Vegas club vibe, then this is the place for you. I'm not sure what possesses people to subject themselves to such extreme rejection from average joe bouncers, but apparently a lot of people do it. I was in a group of 7 girls, so luckily we got in without having to pay a ridiculous cover. At 3 AM a couple paid $80 for the guy and $60 for the girl. At 3 AM! We walked down the steps, listening to what sounded like the villainous spaceship score of a sci-fi movie, into a crowd of people. The club is missing a real identity, I thought. The music and décor were sci-fi, while the go-go dancers were dressed like cheesy 80’s show girls (feathers and all). A random girl shoved one of my friends for unknown reasons. We were able to make a quick walk around before deciding to leave immediately. Do yourself a favor and go to Arcadia instead. This place is a complete knock-off Vegas club, but I'd say it's overall average.