“Yucatan Cusine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Toronto
“Yucatan Cusine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Cheen Huaye has some of the most interesting and unique Mexican food I've had, as they specialize in Yucatan cuisine. The place is quiet and unpretentious in a strip mall, and is great for families with small children.

We started off with the excellent salsa and chips that they bring to the table, the best guacamole I've ever had, along with a great tomato based tortilla soup. The star was the main course, which was Molcajete, grilled steak, sausage and Panela cheese with vegetables and a tomatillo sauce - unbelievable flavors.

Service was very friendly - highly recommended!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“The best authentic Mexican food in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Cheen Huaye has the best authentic Mexican food in Miami! I've been eating here since the first opened and have never had a bad meal.They use fresh ingredients. Their home made salsa has a delicious smoky flavor. The tequila lime chicken is light and savory. Their mole sauce is a perfectly balanced blend of chocolate and spice. The staff are friendly and the service is attentive. If you are hungry for a delicious Mexican meal, this is THE place to go. And it is priced right!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida, United States
“Been looking for Great Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The first time I stopped in I just tried the Tortilla Soup. I received a large bowl of hot tasty soup with fresh garnishes. I decided to go back with my wifa and another friend. It was a Saturday afternoon and they were busy but not to crowded. We got some Dos Equis Ambers and were served a great fire roasted salsa.
The dishes were fresh hot and wonderfully flavorful. Where all other places I have tried here in 5 years for Mexican food this is the best. Even the smooth well flavored re-fried beans were great memorable.
The Sopas,Tostones Rellanos, and the Flautas were so good we barley spoke as we enjoyed these culinary creations. Fresh toppings and care in plating was obvious. I couldn't leave without trying their fresh Churros with a dolce de leche caramel. Wonderful from start to finish.
I will be going back to try their weekend brunch.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Look past the strip mall and you will enjoy a delicious meal and wonderful service! We had the tamale appetizer. Two people had the skirt steak and said it was delicious. The mahi mahi was excellent! The owners and staff were very gracious. The service was attentive but not intrusive. We will definitely eat there again!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami Beach, Florida
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This restaurant was highly recommended and we wanted to check in out for awhile. First of all, this is yucatan cuisine, not your typical mexican, so you need to prepare yourself. The salsa (my favorite part of mexican meal) was ok. Not an over the top experience. The food was good. My husband and I share a mixto of meat and it came with a small ramican of rice. We asked for extra rice and were told there would be additional charge. That would have been fine if the prices were reasonable. That is not the case. The bill was well over $100.00 for four of us. They are not giving the food away and still charging for extras. We walked away after dinner saying we would not be back. It was OK. Not exciting at all.

Visited November 2012

Been to Cheen Huaye? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cheen Huaye, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.