“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Annapolis, Maryland
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Off the beaten path, but the best dinner we had while on vacation. Looked up Mexican restaurants local to our hotel in Sunny Isles (north of Miami). Had several to choose from, and even drove to a few on our list but kept driving - others just didn't appear to be authentic. Looked at the review of Cheen Huaye and decided to give it a try. SO GLAD WE DID. It's in a small strip of shops, but don't let that discourage you. We pulled in and were greeted by the owner who opened the door for us. We were immediately seated at a table and were served drinks right away. It's small, but seems they are expanding to the space next door. Nicely decorated - very comfortable. The waiter was more pleasant than anyone I've run into in years. He was very informed about every item on the menu and gave us a few suggestions. We took his advice on one dish and ordered a personal favorite as another dish. You can see the food being cooked and prepared, and the food was served in a timely manner. As we were eating, the owner came over to our table (as well as other tables) to ask if we were satisfied with our choices. He was also very pleasant, and described how Southern Mexican food is different than typical Mexican food. There are many restaurants in my hometown that I would consider "authentic" Mexican but Cheen Huaye is different. Their food seems more fresh, and they use ingredients I've never tasted before. Portion sizes were fantastic for the price, too.

• Visited July 2012

92% Recommend
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Authentic and Good Tequilla”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Went here for my birthday and it was delcious. Tucked away in a strip mall it is much better than you would think on first galance. Got the taco sampler (had 3 different kinds). They have a number of different margaritas to choose from. From the chips and salsa to the dessert eveything was wonderful.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ft. Lauderdale
“Very Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have lived in the North Miami Beach area for more than 10 years and cannot believe I have never eaten at Cheen Huaye. Everything is fantastic here. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I had the strawberry margarita and it was so delicious! I would recommend this place to anyone that loves mexican food as the food, drinks, and atmosphere is phenomenal. Keep up the great work!

• Visited July 2012
“Mmmmhhhhh how good !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We have just move to Miami and went by trip advisor reviews , what was a good thing to do !!!!
From the moment we walked in we were welcomed by the hostess and every waiter with a friendly smile and hello.
To bad I don't remember our waiters name !!!!
Food , we had special app Tuna , shrimp ceviche and both special entrees , squid sautéed in his own ink and fish of the day with some yellow sauce , both to die for .
The beer was cold service was great food incredible , and before I forget it desert nice and chocolatie .
And we are in Miami and gratuity was not added ...
Sure we will be back !!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Spectacular Ceviche and extraordinary service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I called at 9:30 pm to make a reservation and to my surprise I could make one for 10:00 pm. Upon arriving at the restaurant, a waitress took us to our table without us saying a word about our reservation. The Mahi Mahi Ceviche is fantastic as well as the Passion Fruit Sangria. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Miami

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Cheen Huaye? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Cheen Huaye, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.