“Wow! What a view...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Opera Suites & Marina

Save Saved
You added Opera Suites & Marina to your Saves list
Opera Suites & Marina
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1750 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #12 of 35 Specialty lodging in Miami
Palm Beach
“Wow! What a view...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for the Jazz in the Gardens festival. This place was definitely one of highlights of our trip. The room was beautiful ;nicely furnished and very relaxing. This not a full service hotel and if you are a customer who needs a lot of attention and direction then this not the place for you. Its more like a friend let you use there awesome condo for the weekend.The view is breathtaking. no matter if you have a bay or city view. We had a 2 bedroom that was very spacious. We stayed for 2 days; never got our room cleaned and had to ask for washcloths. Valet service was good $15/day and kinda worth it. The place defintely has the potential to be top notch if properly staffed. I am looking for to going back.....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

This was one of the very few times the pics on the hotel's website is actually what I seen when I arrived to the site. The view is gorgeous. The service was good. The valet parking is reasonable compared to South Beach valet parking. We stayed in a two-bedroom accommodation. The king master bedroom was clearly the better. It had more room, larger closet, and a better bathroom. The only problems we had with the queen/full master bedroom was the sink was constantly clogging. The doors were sliding doors , so there was a lack of privacy in the queen/full bedroom. Also, out of five elevators three were down. We got to see the one-bedroom and it was nice as well.
Overall, the I would return and recommend this hotel to a friend. I'm actually getting ready to book this hotel again with my girlfriend in May for the Festival '10 (close to Bayfront Park). Last weekend (3/18/10-3/22/10) I went with the guys for Spring Break '10

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
GardeniaPalm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

On the one hand, the view was great. On the other, I had to be careful where I stepped while getting to the balcony to see it.

I arrived midweek for my four night stay. I was given a 1 bedroom on the 56th floor. When I got off the elevator and opened the door... WOW! What a view! I could see downtown, Brickell, the Venetian Islands, the Port of Miami, just about everything south of the building.

The floors were a white polished stone and I thought everything was fabulous, until closer inspection.

There was an immense amount of long hairs all over the floors of the unit. The carpet going in to the bedroom was torn, the area rug in the living room was filthy and the floor to ceiling windows hadn't been wash since the building was built, it seemed.

Normally I take pictures of the bad, but I was so grossed out I had to immediately begin cleaning. After I removed the hairs and scrubbed down the bathroom, I thought all would be well.

10 PM comes and I take down the covers to crawl in to bed and fitted sheet is turned inside out, there are the same long hairs all over and big black marks all along the pillows.

I went downstairs but the woman at the desk was on the phone and didn't look up and I think was pretending to not see or hear me.

Since the units come with wash and dryers, I went back up and threw the sheets in the wash.

The shower head and jets were very nice, but the tub didn't drain well and I ended up standing in a big puddle every time I got in. Towels were worn.

I'm torn because on the one hand the view and location were good and the furnishings in the condo were also good (I loved the sofa) On the other hand, the unit had obviously not been cleaned and then housekeeper simply made the bed as opposed to changing the sheets.

The bottom line is the rate their asking on some sites ($300-$400 a night) is NOT NOT NOT NOT worth it!!! I cannot stress that enough! I paid $104 a night and for that price, it WAS worth it. I wouldn't pay any more then $140 a night for a one bedroom.

If you're coming for an extended stay, it's a good place to stay, just expect that you'll have to clean when you get there as well as do laundry.

There is a pool, hot tub and sauna as well as a gym in the building on the 11th floor and that was a nice feature to have. Being a residential building, the facilities were never crowded like they are at traditional hotels.

I would recommend this hotel ONLY with the stipulation of price I mentioned above.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
ST Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the Opera Suites for the Strickly Sail Boat Show and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, large (compared to a hotel) and the people at the front desk very friendly and helpful. The kitchen was fully equiped and the views "fantastic" . Request an ocean view you will not get a better view for the $. Very convenient to downtown, restaurants and easy to get a cab if needed. A very safe area and quiet. Do note that if you are looking for a resort this is not for you as it is more of a condotel set up but a great value for the $ compared to the other hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Marietta, GA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

It should be understood first of all that the Opera Suites and Marina is really an "Apparthotel"; i.e., it is a set of condominiums made to operate as a hotel. This is important, because of the expectations that some travellers have regarding a "full service hotel".

As an Apparthotel, it is very good. Its suites are spacious and modern, and most have impressive views of the Miami skyline and the bay. The location is also good, not quite in Downtown, but close enough to the Metromover (free public transit) to make that a non-issue. The pool is large and heated, and the fitness center is likely well-equipped. I found the front desk staff to be friendly and knowledgeable.

As a hotel, it is missing some key things, like a restaurant, room service, a large lobby area to relax in, etc., but if you know this going in, it doesn't bother you that much. There are three large hotels in the immediate vicinity (Doubletree, Marriott, and Hilton) featuring restaurants and shops, and the building next door has a very good and affordable caffeteria (Carrals), where you can sample both typical - simple - American as well as Cuban fare.

Some observations:
(1) They can provide you with extra linens, pillows, blankets, utensils, pots and pans, etc., but these are not in the room when you arrive; you need to ask for them.
(2) The room had been swept clean, but not mopped, so the marble floor was a little dusty on our arrival. This was pointed out to the staff at checkout, and they humbly accepted it, promising to correct it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Pittsford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Spent 5 days for the NCAA basketball Tournament. The staff we the best.. friendly, helpful and went out of their way. Stayed in a very spacious and comfortable 2 bedroom suite. What a view!!! Bayside, American Airlines Arena, Music and Opera Hall all within walking distance. Did I mention the view!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Arrochar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

We wanted a couple of days to chill out prior to our honeymoon crusie from Miami and whilst this apartment cost a bit more than we would normally have spent it was well worth the money.
The apartment was on the 22nd floor of a 60+ floor complex, with spectacular views. The 1 bedroom apt was spacious and beautifully fitted out with everything you needed + ample parking on site, but at an extra cost.
Not much in the way of places to shop or eat within walking distance unless you like junk food, but if you have a hire car there are Malls and restaurants within a short drive.
Enjoy!

• Liked — The general fixtures and fittings and of course the huge walk-in wardrobe!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Opera Suites & Marina? Share your experiences!