It should be understood first of all that the Opera Suites and Marina is really an "Apparthotel"; i.e., it is a set of condominiums made to operate as a hotel. This is important, because of the expectations that some travellers have regarding a "full service hotel".
As an Apparthotel, it is very good. Its suites are spacious and modern, and most have impressive views of the Miami skyline and the bay. The location is also good, not quite in Downtown, but close enough to the Metromover (free public transit) to make that a non-issue. The pool is large and heated, and the fitness center is likely well-equipped. I found the front desk staff to be friendly and knowledgeable.
As a hotel, it is missing some key things, like a restaurant, room service, a large lobby area to relax in, etc., but if you know this going in, it doesn't bother you that much. There are three large hotels in the immediate vicinity (Doubletree, Marriott, and Hilton) featuring restaurants and shops, and the building next door has a very good and affordable caffeteria (Carrals), where you can sample both typical - simple - American as well as Cuban fare.
(1) They can provide you with extra linens, pillows, blankets, utensils, pots and pans, etc., but these are not in the room when you arrive; you need to ask for them.
(2) The room had been swept clean, but not mopped, so the marble floor was a little dusty on our arrival. This was pointed out to the staff at checkout, and they humbly accepted it, promising to correct it.
- Also Known As:
- Opera Suites And Marina
- Opera Suites & Marina Hotel Miami
- Opera Suites & Marina Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fareportal so you can book your Opera Suites & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.