“felt so good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Miami Guest House
220 NW 67 Court, Miami, FL 33126   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Miami B&B and Inns
Willemstad, Curacao
“felt so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This month I visited Miami for the first time, coming from the Caribbean. The great hospitality started on beforehand, the contact via mail was very pleasant. I was amazed to see the well kept and clean house, the daily care for the place and its visitors without being intrusive at all. The house is full of nice/ artistic pictures/pieces, it really feels like being at home with friends. Personal advice (if wanted) for every one, great pick up service and more. With public transport I could easily reach the places that I wanted to visit and because of the advice I did not waste time but found what I could only have hoped to find. Thank you very much again Tomas & Luis for not just doing business but being very nice friends!

Room Tip: Traveling on my own and for a shorter period sunrise room was fine for me.Friendly, quiet neighborho...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I were going on a cruise recently needed to stay 1 evening in Miami before leaving the following morning. Our flight came in at 1AM and they made sure that we had all we needed to get in to the House and our room. It was clean comfortable place to stay and a great price.

Room Tip: We stayed at the West Miami Guest House in "Ana's Room"
Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

There is nothing more to add! This place, the owner, the organization, contact and everything about the city of Miami (and Florida) make this the best place to warm up from a cold winter (we arrived from snowy Poland). The host was very very nice, room clean, privacy, everything perfect, and last but not least - you can not beat this price !
I will surely come back to Miami, not only to the city but to Miami Guest House in West Miami (Lylis room).
Just great ! Don't think - book right away :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MiamiGuestHouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Michar & Iwona,
Your review "can't get any better!". We were happy to share some of our Sunny Florida with you, and made you forget about Snowy Winter for a while. We only disagree with you in one thing: It can always get better! so we never stop trying to give a better service every day.
Thank you very much!
Betty & Tomas
Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

You never know what you're gonna get, but we were very pleasantly surprised at our wonderful stay at Betty's place. Convenient parking, cute neighborhood (pretty quiet while we were there), clean and comfortable room (Ana's room). There is a separate entry on the side of the house, which takes you into the "kitchenette" and the two rooms are off this area. Breakfast was much appreciated, especially the fruit along with some sort of muffins or pastries, as well as cereal, milk, juices, etc. and toast. It was available early morning at your own convenience. Betty was most helpful to answer any questions and very friendly. We would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone heading to the Miami area!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent a long weekend at Betty's with no regrets. We stayed in Anna's room. The room and bathroom were smaller than an average hotel room, but we were not paying anything close to hotel prices. Everything was clean and modern. There was free secure parking and wifi too. And Betty was sweet an accommodating.

When we return to Miami in the future, we will definitely stay at Betty's place again. You can't beat it. We totally recommend it.

Room Tip: Anna's room was quite comfortable.
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was in Miami on business over the course of two weeks.

I stayed at the West Miami location, which is the house of Betty (a close personal friend of Tomas) and she's the best. Betty is very sweet and loves to share her knowledge of the area. Like Tomas, she goes out of her way to ensure her guests are comfortable.

I stayed in both room Ana and room Lily.

I did not know West Miami is actually a small city, in and of itself. It is located adjacent to prestigious Coral Gables and is a mini-version of the Gables. Not as upscale of course, but featuring cute little houses with plenty of charm. I consider the location very safe for travellers. That's an important consideration in a city like Miami, which has good and not-so-good neighborhoods. Often separated by only a street or a block.

The rooms are modest. As Betty said herself, "It's not the Hilton." LOL But both rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is basic. Some fruit, pastries, cereal. The little shared kitchen is actually well stocked. You have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, dishes, cups, cutlery, etc.. All one would need for a short visit.

Winn-Dixie is located just up the road. A 24-hr Wal-Mart is a short drive away. Lots of restaurants and shops around. Check out Versailles. Perhaps the best Cuban food in Miami. But it's popular and busy, so be prepared.

Sorry I did not meet Tomas. He visited the West Miami location, but I was unavailable. However, if you can judge a person from the company they keep, he must be very nice. Over a couple of email exchanges, Tomas was always helpful and polite.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the locations Tomas has or recommends. The prices cannot be beat and your hosts are warm and welcoming.

Paul L.

Room Tip: Room Ana is suitable for a couple. Room Lily is suitable for three people. The room curtain makes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paul: Thank you for your beautiful review, so well written that seems to be from a travel magazine. Guests like you and your family makes me enjoy the work and feel that I have friends over, so I am really glad to hear that you felt the same way, that you stayed with friends.
Regards!
Betty, your friend in Miami.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Where to start here when so many things are above anything you can have in a BB.

Luis or Tomas will pick you up for nothing if they are available at the airport,and this is really convenient.Their welcome is absolutely warm and you fell at home straight away.I had a very long stay there (3 weeks) and not a single day was bad at the miami guest house.

My room was very nicely organized, had a small flat screen tv, a bed so comfy that it was hard every day to wake up!!!I had to share my bathroom but that was not a problem at all.There is shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. You will have two sets of towels.

Breakfast had a lot to offer : many kind of cereals, muffins , croissants, bagel, bread, OJ, yogurt, fresh fruits, milk etc...You have coffee, many kind of teas.I really enjoyed the breakfast every morning.

There is a living room with a TV, DVD and VHS player. Satellite is available in the living room (basic channel in the bedroom) makes you really feel like home in the comfy couch and one or two cats coming for some attention.If Luis ask you if you wanna a cup of cafe cubano, say yes!!!!!Such a good coffee.

To sum up, i felt like home over there and that's what will make me come back over there.Luis and Tomas are amazing people and I honestly think they were the highlight of my stay in Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MiamiGuestHouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Bonjour Loic,

It was a pleasure for us to have you home for those few weeks. We just can't wait for you to come back with your wife and enjoy another nice talk over Cuban coffee. Thank you for such beautiful review.

Merci!

Tomas & Luis

Been to Miami Guest House? Share your experiences!