“Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Miami Guest House
220 NW 67 Court, Miami, FL 33126   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Miami B&B and Inns
Largo, Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Was in Miami on business over the course of two weeks.

I stayed at the West Miami location, which is the house of Betty (a close personal friend of Tomas) and she's the best. Betty is very sweet and loves to share her knowledge of the area. Like Tomas, she goes out of her way to ensure her guests are comfortable.

I stayed in both room Ana and room Lily.

I did not know West Miami is actually a small city, in and of itself. It is located adjacent to prestigious Coral Gables and is a mini-version of the Gables. Not as upscale of course, but featuring cute little houses with plenty of charm. I consider the location very safe for travellers. That's an important consideration in a city like Miami, which has good and not-so-good neighborhoods. Often separated by only a street or a block.

The rooms are modest. As Betty said herself, "It's not the Hilton." LOL But both rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is basic. Some fruit, pastries, cereal. The little shared kitchen is actually well stocked. You have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, dishes, cups, cutlery, etc.. All one would need for a short visit.

Winn-Dixie is located just up the road. A 24-hr Wal-Mart is a short drive away. Lots of restaurants and shops around. Check out Versailles. Perhaps the best Cuban food in Miami. But it's popular and busy, so be prepared.

Sorry I did not meet Tomas. He visited the West Miami location, but I was unavailable. However, if you can judge a person from the company they keep, he must be very nice. Over a couple of email exchanges, Tomas was always helpful and polite.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the locations Tomas has or recommends. The prices cannot be beat and your hosts are warm and welcoming.

Paul L.

Room Tip: Room Ana is suitable for a couple. Room Lily is suitable for three people. The room curtain makes...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MiamiGuestHouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Paul: Thank you for your beautiful review, so well written that seems to be from a travel magazine. Guests like you and your family makes me enjoy the work and feel that I have friends over, so I am really glad to hear that you felt the same way, that you stayed with friends.
Regards!
Betty, your friend in Miami.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Where to start here when so many things are above anything you can have in a BB.

Luis or Tomas will pick you up for nothing if they are available at the airport,and this is really convenient.Their welcome is absolutely warm and you fell at home straight away.I had a very long stay there (3 weeks) and not a single day was bad at the miami guest house.

My room was very nicely organized, had a small flat screen tv, a bed so comfy that it was hard every day to wake up!!!I had to share my bathroom but that was not a problem at all.There is shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. You will have two sets of towels.

Breakfast had a lot to offer : many kind of cereals, muffins , croissants, bagel, bread, OJ, yogurt, fresh fruits, milk etc...You have coffee, many kind of teas.I really enjoyed the breakfast every morning.

There is a living room with a TV, DVD and VHS player. Satellite is available in the living room (basic channel in the bedroom) makes you really feel like home in the comfy couch and one or two cats coming for some attention.If Luis ask you if you wanna a cup of cafe cubano, say yes!!!!!Such a good coffee.

To sum up, i felt like home over there and that's what will make me come back over there.Luis and Tomas are amazing people and I honestly think they were the highlight of my stay in Miami.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
MiamiGuestHouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Bonjour Loic,

It was a pleasure for us to have you home for those few weeks. We just can't wait for you to come back with your wife and enjoy another nice talk over Cuban coffee. Thank you for such beautiful review.

Merci!

Tomas & Luis
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked the Miami guest house but actually stayed in the Tamiami which is opposite in the same road. Luis from the Miami guest House met us at the car rental centre Miami airport and next day very kindly took us to the Porti for our cruise. . We did see one of the units and it was very nice. Just a short distance away is a good supermarket and several restaurants. If you are prepared to use public transport (which is quite good in Miami) you might not need a car while staying here. Although we did not stay here I would highly recommend both the Miami and Tamiami Guest House. .

Dear Pat & Bob,
Felix and Edita, from the Tamiami Guest House, are not only our neighbors, but our friends. We are always helping each other and give us great pleasure to know you enjoy the stay at their place. Did you enjoy the swimming pool?
Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you soon!
Regards!
Felix & Edita (Tamiami Guest House) and Luis & Tomas (Miami Guest House)
Novo Hamburgo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Tomas and Luis are the best hosts a traveler could expect. They easily become your friends! They are truly good people with a big heart.
Having stayed at their property for the third time, I now have been to all the rooms and can say that they are all excellent and keep being remodeled and improved every time.
Location is good, accomodations are kept very clean and the car can be parked in a gated area.
The bed in the Sunset room couldn´t be more confortable! And the Cuban coffee... never had a better one!!!
Thank you once again Tomas and Luis!!! Hope to see you soon again!

Room Tip: The bed of the Sunset room is super confortable and the room is very quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MiamiGuestHouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Our dear Fabiana!

You are family now! We are not counting the times you come home anymore, but the days between one visit and the next. Hurry up, we are waiting! ...and don't forget to bring the rest of the gang next time!

Your family in Miami, Luis & Tomas.
North Brunswick, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I decided on a long holiday weekend in Miami to escape the winter chill of the Northeast where we live and, based on such positive reviews by other Trip Advisors, we chose to stay at te Miami Guest House. It was exactly as descrbed by those who rated it Excellent.tomas and Luis offer amazing hospitality, including a perfectly-stocked guest kitchenette with breakfast makings and artfully prepared Cafe Cubano to start your day well. There's even something nice for a nightcap at day's end.
This neat as a pin ranch house in a quiet neighborhood offers free parking and is walking distance to a supermarket, pharmacy restaurants and public buses. Tomas and Luis provided over the top hospitality by providing plenty of information about local attractions and city lore and by rising before dawn to get us to the nearby airport for an early early flight home.
One of the sweet touches is a loving purring house cat named Larry who greets all guests like a friendly dog and loves to be scritched under his chin. We can't recommend Miami Guest House highly enough! A sincere muches gracias to Tomas and Luis, whose hospitality is simply excellent!! Add us to the legions of Miami Guest House fans who will be repeat custoemers!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
miamiguesthouse, Public Relations Manager at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Annemarie and Doug,

It made me very happy when Tomas showed me your review, in which you mentioned me. It is not always easy to be the Public Relations Manager of a B&B, specially when the Public Relations Manager is a cat, but for me it is not a job, it is a pleasure. All I ask in return is to be scritched under my chin a little bit. You were also purr-fect and amazing guests. Hope to see you again soon!!!

Larry, the cat.
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tomas is not only a wonderful host, but a truly genuine person as well. He went above and beyond for us, not only picking us up from the airport, but giving us a ride to a nearby restaurant and dropping us off at the airport early the next morning. We felt very much at home in his place, and it is stocked with anything and everything you might need or want -- from the well-stocked kitchen (fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, coffee, etc) down to the chocolates and earplugs (which we didn't need) in the bedroom! Thanks for a great stay!

Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Tomas has different accommodation options according to your needs: in our case we rented a car at the airport and had to park it somewhere for free. So we were hosted in south west Miami in a peaceful nice area: one double bedroom with bathroom ensuite, and a kitchenette to share with the other guest room, in the rear of Beatriz's house. She provided us with food and drinks, and we arranged our breakfasts when and how we liked. She is a clever energetic lady, always ready to give you suggestions and hints on Miami and around, someone you can admire for the passion she puts in being your host.
We spent nine beautiful days in Miami, more than we would afford in a hotel; I think TripAdvisor should give more emphasis to these small affordable low cost successful businesses.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
miamiguesthouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Roberto and Nica: I am so honored with your compliments! If you remember your first words when I showed you to your room and the breakfast area, you said “It’s like being home", and that is exactly what I would like guests to feel; the same warmth, tranquility and love that make my house a home to pass through the walls and fill the guest’s rooms.
Thank you!
Betty

Been to Miami Guest House? Share your experiences!