“A B&B that makes you feel at home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Miami Guest House
You added Miami Guest House to your Saves list
220 NW 67 Court, Miami, FL 33126   |
Ranked #1 of 22 Miami B&B and Inns
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“A B&B that makes you feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Florida trip to see family we found a wonderful place called Miami Guest House. We talked to Tomas via email, and he helped to get everything set up. We stayed for 3 nights for $60.00 a night. It was especially nice only having three rooms it was very peaceful. Our room was very comfortable the bed was great we got the best sleep ever considering it was not home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tabitha M

arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I had a great stay Miami guest house! Tomas picked me up from the airport even though it was almost midnight! Staying there was so much more personal than staying at a hotel, especially for a solo traveler. Tomas was very helpful. His thoughtfulness made my visit extra special and I felt right at home. I would definitely stay there again next time I am in Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Teetoe
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a holiday which had started out in Miami, headed down to the Keys, and then our final two nights here because of the convenience for the airport.

We booked mainly based on the Trip Advisor recommendation and dealt with Tomas directly via email in the run up and he was very helpful with our various queries.

When we arrived straight from the drive up from Key West we were pretty tired, and not sure what to make of this suburban house at the end of the street, in a an unfamiliar neighbourhood. Any concerns we had we soon dispelled by the warm greeting, immaculately (and when I say immaculately you could eat your dinner off the floor) clean room and complimentary drinks and snacks. Tomas recommended a local Cuban restaurant where two tired travellers gratefully ate a very large dinner (I can't recommend the name, but if you stay there, it's a two minute walk around the corner) and we then settled down in front of the large flat screen TV.

The stay here really came into it's own with the local advice Tomas was able to offer, the next day we drove up to Fort Lauderdale using Tomas's recommended route. On our final day we planned to check out and drive up to the Dolphin Mall and then make our way to the airport for our approx. 630pm flight. Tomas wouldn't hear a word of it, he warned us that car crime was quite high at the Mall and allowed us to keep our room with our bags in until we needed to leave. We essentially got an extra day for free.

It's not 100% perfect, I had no problem with the area, but others might do (it's a normal suburb, it's not glamorous Miami), it's good for the airport, but may be too far away from the action for a Miami holiday, some people might find Tomas's attentions intrusive if they like staying in anonymous hotels and never speaking to anyone, but all in all, I cannot give this less than 5 stars as it is a truly unique and wonderful experience. I have certainly stayed in much 'better' and more expensive hotels and had no where near as good an experience.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank CityStitcher
Tartu, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed there in October 2011 and were oh so pleased with everything. Tomas picked us up from the airport, gave a lot of useful tips and even showed us around. Breakfast was delicious and there were lots of brochures for us. The whole house was clean and neat, the bed was so comfy and there were chocolates in our room. A supermarket and some cafes and restaurants plus bus stops are also a few mins away. What else could you want?!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kerli_571
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I found this B&B thanks to TripAdvisor, which has only rave reviews for this place, and have not been disappointed! The place is very clean and reasonable, the breakfast is excellent, the area is very safe although not touristy. The host (Tomas) is just wonderful, and helps in every way possible: locating supermarkets and places to get a great Cuban coffee, recommending places to see, and so on. The only thing you need to watch for is arriving at the right address when checking in; my problem was that close to midnight, I arrived at 220 NW 67 _Avenue_ instead of 220 NW 67 _Court_. If that happens to you, then all you need to know is that 220 NW 67 Court (the B&B) is right behind the house you're looking at (220 NW 67 Avenue), so all you have to do is to drive to that next street. Enjoy your great stay at this B&B!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank anotherbookworm
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here for 4 night; three English friends. I booked it after research on trip advisor and dealt with them direct by email. The rooms & bathrooms are very clean, the breakfast is good & huge. I thoroughly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: the rooms on the ground floor seemed cosier and quieter
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank David G
Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I can see why the Guest House is rated Number 1, it has to be the best place I've stayed at for many years. Tomas, one of the owners, very kindly collected me from the airport (and also returned me). In my room, there was a cupboard full of teas/coffees, etc and also a bowl of very yummy chocolates. The kitchen was fully equipped - even down to having a a packet of popcorn ready and waiting for popping in the microwave! The lounge was very homely and I got to meet the cats - well, two of them! Breakfast was of the help-yourself variety, and there was a selection of cereals and juices, plus toast, criossants and muffins,and fresh fruit. Plentiful.
Having wifi was a real bonus, as was the bus service at the top of the road. From here, I went Downtown and to the Dolphin Shopping mall (great place) - each journey a mere two dollars. Tomas gave me ideas on places to visit, and how to get there, including the wonderful Vizcaya estate which I'd never heard of and therefore ordinarily would not have visited.
I can't rate the guest house - and Tomas and Luis - highly enough; Tomas even emailed me after my visit to make sure that everything had been okay- so rare to find such customer care these days.
If you're ever in Miami, do stay at the Guest House; it really IS a home from home. Am looking forward to another visit there. Thank you Tomas and Luis!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. I chose the one with an en-suite bathroom and kitchen.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Woodstock1953
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 12 in Miami Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 704 reviews

Been to Miami Guest House? Share your experiences!