“Bring your camera” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
3251 S Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33129 (Coconut Grove)
305-250-9133

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Built in 1916 as a winter retreat, this lavish villa is a tribute to the Italian Renaissance. The museum contains much of the original furnishings and artwork, and is surrounded by lush, formal gardens.
Irvine, California
7 attraction reviews
“Bring your camera”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The first time at Vizcaya I came with my wife about 7 years ago... this time we brought our kids 12 and 10 yrs old... and they liked it as much as we did. The place is breathtaking.. the setting, the gardens, the view and the historical value of the place! I would have imagined they would re-invest more of the money into up-keeping the place as it does seem run down... but I guess its so so large its hard to keep up with the depreciation of the place. Bring your cameras as this is definitely a place where its worth taking a few shots!

Visited November 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“So beautiful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a place so beautiful and quiet. You can get lucky and see some photo shoots taking place and enjoy the gardens and the view of the bay. Majestic and impressive.

Visited April 2013
Miami
10 attraction reviews
“Still a great place to vist, but its run down and unkempt!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been visiting Vizcaya since the mid 60's while on vacation in Miami with my parents. Before there were Disney Parks, Universal Studios or Seaworld, this is where vacationers went. Having lived in Miami since the early 70's I had not visited Vizcaya in 20 years, so my wife and I decided to make an afternoon out of it, and revisit this historic home. We were shocked at the condition of this property. Overgrown weeds, dead plants and trees, filthy fountains with thick green mildew pouring over the sides. What a shame, it would bring tears to our eyes. This was a beautiful, perfectly manicured lawns, historic site. Miami-Dade County goverment had mis-managed this property into the ground. I still recommend you vist, admission is reasonable and you will get to see one of the most beautiful old homes in Florida.

Visited June 2013
Miami
35 attraction reviews
“A piece of Europe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live in Miami and for years I did not know about Vizcaya. It is a beautiful home almost hiding behind the lush vegetation and easily missed. The gardens remind me of those in Europe at a smaller scale. I saw a bride having her wedding pictures taken on the grounds and can only imagine how charming they turned out. Well worth a visit, at least in my opinion.

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Vizcaya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Beautiful house & garden with someones imagination & some family history. Nice place to spend some time.

Visited December 2012