“Very bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 120 Attractions in Miami
Type: Science Museums, Observatories/ Planetariums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Frost Museum of Science aims to make a difference in people's lives by inspiring them to appreciate the impact that science and technology can have on every facet of our world. For over 60 years, the Museum's award-winning educational programs, family-focused exhibits, historic planetarium, and rehabilitative Wildlife Center and Clinic have enriched locals and tourists alike. In 2015, the legacy continues, when we move to a new world-class, state-of-the-art facility in the heart of downtown Miami. The Museum will remain operational at its current location on South Miami Avenue until completion of the new building. Frost Museum of Science is accredited by the American Association of Museums and is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. The museum is located at 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129. The Museum is open every day from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm. Admission is free for children under 3; 10.95 for students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 - 12; 14.95 for adults. Parking is free. The Museum is funded with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
“Very bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Far from everywhere... And very few things to see. If you miss the planetarium schedule, it is finished... 3 hours to wait for next show !!!

miami
6 attraction reviews
“Not too interesting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

it's pretty cheap, but the exhibits and little "games" are silly and not very interesting. Maybe the new location coming soon will bring improvements, but for now, I'd pass.

Visited June 2014
“Small but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Can't wait to see their new larger building in 2016. This is worth the trip if you like hands on museums. The show of the galaxy was good, but noisy due to babies, but it s expected since it is a family place.

Homestead, Florida
“Go if you like Gangnam Style”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Me and my SO went here out of sheer boredom and because we thought the Planetarium might be cool. It was one of the worst museums I've ever seen. VERY small. There was barely anything "science" about it. It was mostly broken down "hands on" exhibits and mostly about random things like Hurricane Andrew and NanoScience. There was also a section that showed sad looking snakes and reptiles, yeah the science museum turned into a random tiny zoo.

The Planetarium was okay. Honestly we were expecting more. Not counting the 5 minute introduction video, the rest was maybe 10 minutes and it was just showing us constellations. The guy who was running the show was shining a huge red laser pointer on the stars and constellations showing us where they were and honestly the stars were so dim, I barely saw what we was pointing at. Also morons kept getting up and leaving and using their cellphones despite the instructor telling people not to.

We didn't realize this was a kids science museum until we started walking around, there wasn't anything for adults to do beside the Planetarium. Even if I was a kid I would not want to go here. More than half the exhibits were broken, but they were all lame anyways. We walked through the entire thing in 30 minutes and we were like "Is this seriously it?". I've been spoiled too much by COSI (Center of Science and Industry) in Columbus, Ohio, which is HUGE and amazing. The Miami Science Museum wasn't ANYTHING like COSI.

Also they only have 4 restrooms and 2 of the 4 were out of order.

I should also mention, that throughout the entire time we were there "Gangnam Style" played on loop at one of the exhibits where kids were dancing around. Like I said, nothing science-y about this place at all.

Visited June 2014
Little Rock
5 attraction reviews
“A Little Underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was expected a larger museum with more of an emphasis on space. The majority of the exhibits were interactive and there were shows in the theater and planetarium. I left feeling a little underwhelmed and like I didn't really learn anything new. I probably would not go back in the future.

Been to Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.