“Go if you like Gangnam Style” 1 of 5 stars

and up
Go Miami Card
Ranked #100 of 279 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: The Frost Museum of Science aims to make a difference in people's lives by inspiring them to appreciate the impact that science and technology can have on every facet of our world. For over 60 years, the Museum's award-winning educational programs, family-focused exhibits, historic planetarium, and rehabilitative Wildlife Center and Clinic have enriched locals and tourists alike. In 2015, the legacy continues, when we move to a new world-class, state-of-the-art facility in the heart of downtown Miami. The Museum will remain operational at its current location on South Miami Avenue until completion of the new building. Frost Museum of Science is accredited by the American Association of Museums and is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. The museum is located at 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129. The Museum is open every day from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm. Admission is free for children under 3; 10.95 for students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 - 12; 14.95 for adults. Parking is free. The Museum is funded with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
Homestead, Florida
“Go if you like Gangnam Style”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Me and my SO went here out of sheer boredom and because we thought the Planetarium might be cool. It was one of the worst museums I've ever seen. VERY small. There was barely anything "science" about it. It was mostly broken down "hands on" exhibits and mostly about random things like Hurricane Andrew and NanoScience. There was also a section that showed sad looking snakes and reptiles, yeah the science museum turned into a random tiny zoo.

The Planetarium was okay. Honestly we were expecting more. Not counting the 5 minute introduction video, the rest was maybe 10 minutes and it was just showing us constellations. The guy who was running the show was shining a huge red laser pointer on the stars and constellations showing us where they were and honestly the stars were so dim, I barely saw what we was pointing at. Also morons kept getting up and leaving and using their cellphones despite the instructor telling people not to.

We didn't realize this was a kids science museum until we started walking around, there wasn't anything for adults to do beside the Planetarium. Even if I was a kid I would not want to go here. More than half the exhibits were broken, but they were all lame anyways. We walked through the entire thing in 30 minutes and we were like "Is this seriously it?". I've been spoiled too much by COSI (Center of Science and Industry) in Columbus, Ohio, which is HUGE and amazing. The Miami Science Museum wasn't ANYTHING like COSI.

Also they only have 4 restrooms and 2 of the 4 were out of order.

I should also mention, that throughout the entire time we were there "Gangnam Style" played on loop at one of the exhibits where kids were dancing around. Like I said, nothing science-y about this place at all.

Visited June 2014

Little Rock
5 attraction reviews
“A Little Underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was expected a larger museum with more of an emphasis on space. The majority of the exhibits were interactive and there were shows in the theater and planetarium. I left feeling a little underwhelmed and like I didn't really learn anything new. I probably would not go back in the future.

Miami, Florida
23 attraction reviews
“Great Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is a great center, the only thing it is too small for many people visiting there, some times big lines for Observatory, but I am reading now they are going to open a modern center in 2015 , it is not expensive the tickets to go, you can see there some interesting things about science , an aquarium with reef fishes , films about space and very interesting photos about planet and our galaxy , I think the best thing there it is the Observatory, it has two powerful Meade telescopes, each first Friday of the month a free Planetarium show precedes Observatory session. Observatory dependent on the weather. Observatory hours from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. you can view the planets, the four moons of Jupiter, the rings of Saturn and deep sky objects such as galaxies, nebulas and double stars, I think they need to offer more food options with more affordable prices, not to many places around here to use an Observatory, it is a very nice place where the center is, but at night is a little alone and dark, not too many lights to go walking or using metro, I hope the new one improve this problem, it is centric I think, easy to go from downtown, Miami beach, Kendall, airport , it is almost close to key biscayne, you can go by bus, metro at the Vizcaya Metro rail station or by car, you have parking there, it is a great idea to visit this center.

Visited July 2013
7 attraction reviews
“FINALLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Being Miami born and raised I have always wanted to go to the museum but have honestly never been able to due to either lack of time, funds or even sometimes energy. My boyfriend FINALLY took me after asking for over four years . Let me tell you I was NOT disappointed . The temperature was enjoyable , not too hot or too cold. Employees where very knowledgable & courteous & offered discounts for banking with BOA & being a student . So many cool hands-on activities which aren't only fun but educational. Tons of cool "classes" & shows, animals (which is a nice surprise because I wasn't expecting it) from reptiles to birds & even ENORMOUS tortoises. Some cool grown mangroves in order to be planted & help spread & preserve them but hands down the best of all for me was the planetarium .

Speaker was very kind , patient and knew his stuff . I fell in love & learned so much! Every nightfall I know make sure to see the stars & apply what I learned . FYI: planets don't "twinkle" like stars , they have a constant light which radiates from the suns beams :)

Can't wait for the first Friday to enjoy the laser show !

15 attraction reviews
“Good science center, will be great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our kids, ages 10, 8, 6, enjoyed this science center. Free with an ASTC membership, we spent a long afternoon here. Planetarium is included in admission. Kids like the coral reef and having their hands cleaned by shrimp, the animals outside, the computers, the items around the big tire. They have plans to expand and it looks like it will be even better.

I liked free parking and picnic area outside. There is a free trolley to parts of downtown that we didn't take but would definitely explore if we went back.