Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science
and up
Go Miami Card
Ranked #86 of 283 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: The Frost Museum of Science aims to make a difference in people's lives by inspiring them to appreciate the impact that science and technology can have on every facet of our world. For over 60 years, the Museum's award-winning educational programs, family-focused exhibits, historic planetarium, and rehabilitative Wildlife Center and Clinic have enriched locals and tourists alike. In 2015, the legacy continues, when we move to a new world-class, state-of-the-art facility in the heart of downtown Miami. The Museum will remain operational at its current location on South Miami Avenue until completion of the new building. Frost Museum of Science is accredited by the American Association of Museums and is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. The museum is located at 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129. The Museum is open every day from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm. Admission is free for children under 3; 10.95 for students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 - 12; 14.95 for adults. Parking is free. The Museum is funded with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
10 attraction reviews
“FINALLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Being Miami born and raised I have always wanted to go to the museum but have honestly never been able to due to either lack of time, funds or even sometimes energy. My boyfriend FINALLY took me after asking for over four years . Let me tell you I was NOT disappointed . The temperature was enjoyable , not too hot or too cold. Employees where very knowledgable & courteous & offered discounts for banking with BOA & being a student . So many cool hands-on activities which aren't only fun but educational. Tons of cool "classes" & shows, animals (which is a nice surprise because I wasn't expecting it) from reptiles to birds & even ENORMOUS tortoises. Some cool grown mangroves in order to be planted & help spread & preserve them but hands down the best of all for me was the planetarium .

Speaker was very kind , patient and knew his stuff . I fell in love & learned so much! Every nightfall I know make sure to see the stars & apply what I learned . FYI: planets don't "twinkle" like stars , they have a constant light which radiates from the suns beams :)

Can't wait for the first Friday to enjoy the laser show !

15 attraction reviews
“Good science center, will be great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our kids, ages 10, 8, 6, enjoyed this science center. Free with an ASTC membership, we spent a long afternoon here. Planetarium is included in admission. Kids like the coral reef and having their hands cleaned by shrimp, the animals outside, the computers, the items around the big tire. They have plans to expand and it looks like it will be even better.

I liked free parking and picnic area outside. There is a free trolley to parts of downtown that we didn't take but would definitely explore if we went back.

Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Coming from Vancouver, I am a little bit spoiled by Science World which is world class as far as science centers go...

But I thought the museum was worth a visit. It's not huge and it's a bit confused (I wonder if the animal exhibits were a marketing decision to try and bring in more visitors because pure science wasn't enough).

However the exhibits were interesting and the kids will generally have a good time here. Some interesting historical exhibits about Miami and hurricanes as well.

Visited January 2014
Columbus, Oh
9 attraction reviews
“2nd visit--just as great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is our second time visiting the Miami Science Museum. We hadn't planned to go, but it looked like rain and, on a whim, we decided to make a return visit. WE LOVE THIS MUSEUM! My oldest child said he liked it even better than our local science museum even though our own science museum is newer and fancier (note, the MSM is moving into new digs soon). This museum is so small, intimate, and hands-on--it just has a really fun, funky and comfortable vibe. I hope it doesn't lose this when it moves to the new location. Can't recommend enough!

Visited January 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Hidden Gem, worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Apart from the excellent hands on exhibits and the planeterium show, there is a surprise around the corner with a mini zoo incorporating pythons, boa constrictor displays and an outdoor natural habitat for other animals. The place is getting a little shabby, but for the price is an excellent way to spend a couple of hours learning many scientific facts and phenomenon,maybe tying it up with Vizcaya across ther road (we did not go there).

Visited December 2013