“Must stay for flying in/out of Miami airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #27 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Surrey
“Must stay for flying in/out of Miami airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

After our cruise our family split into two groups, one that flew out of FLL and the other group (mine) that flew out of MIA. I like hotels that are new, close, and offer all the ammenities I want without charging me. I've been a Marriott rewards member for 2 years and love the program and the hotels. But I won't stay at Courtard because breakfast is not included in the room charge.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South is brand new. Located southeast of the hotel the free shuttle to/from the airport is fast. Simple phone call to the front desk and the shuttle was there in 15 minutes or so. Everything about the hotel is clean, and sparkling. However the neighbourhood is NOT. If you want to walk around for food, amenities etc. don't do it here. Parking is underground, secure and safe. Rooms were fantastic. Always ask for high corner room to get away from noisy central areas of the hotel. Our room and bed was incredible.

What makes this hotel an excellent value is that almost all the rooms are suites. That means each room has a seperate sitting area, with couch and large 40" LCD TV. Your bedroom also has a 40" LCD TV.

Breakfast is free with the room with made to order hot waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, coffee juice etc.

Hotel only has a hot tub but it is plenty big. Watching the planes take off from the airport was cool.

The is a gas station right beside the hotel so if you need to gas up your rental before you head back to the airport, it's right there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Booked this hotel for a one night stay before a cruise. Close to the airport, clean hotel, nice rooms. Close to same location as three other Marriott, but still not a good neighborhood for walking around and exploring. There is nothing around except a scary neighborhood, and various local eating spots. It's mostly all hotels and commercial.

They have a free shuttle from the airport, but it ends at midnight. (The close Residence Inn's shuttle ends at 1am). There are MANY flights into Miami that get in close to midnight, so I am not sure why Fairfield can't have their shuttle go at least until 12:30am or 1am.

Our flight got in at 11:45 and as soon as I was off the plane, I called the hotel and talked to Victor and told him we were just off and waiting for luggage. He said that I was cutting it close (as if I had any control over the situation) and that I better hurry up because he was just about to send the shuttle driver on his last run of the night. I told him we were just getting the luggage and we would be as quick as possible. He told me to call when we had our luggage in hand.

As we were waiting for our luggage, there was another traveler waiting who was on the phone. She was talking to someone saying she was waiting for her luggage, and that she had to get her luggage by midnight or she would miss her shuttle. She was telling the person on the other end of the line that she called the hotel and a rude guy answered and was not very helpful to her. When she hung up, I asked her if she was going to the Fairfield South and she said she was. I told her I talked to the same rude guy.

We got our luggage at 11:55pm and I called and Victor told me the driver had already gone home and I needed to get a taxi.

I asked him why would he have the driver go home when I had just called 10 minutes ago, saying I was there? Victor totally knew we were there and would be ready. Victor told me he sent the driver on his last run, and he came back with nobody waiting, and went home already. Hard to believe that in 10 minutes the driver started his run, finished his run and went home in that time frame. I told Victor I wanted to speak to the manager, and he said that he was the manager at the time and that I would have to wait to speak to someone else until the morning.
Victor asked me what else he could do to help me, and I said I needed a shuttle. I asked him why he told the driver to go home when he knew I was there? He never answered only saying that I was not ready in time, and the driver had left, and I would have to take a taxi.

I called the Residence Inn that was close and they told me they could not pick me up and drop me off at the Fairfield, even though they were close. (It requires about a one block walk, since there is a big wall in between both hotels, and we were not going to walk that with luggage and it being midnight) So we had to take a taxi.

When we arrived, Victor acted like nothing happened. I again asked him why he sent the driver home knowing full well, we would be ready in like 5 minutes? Victor only said "the shuttle ends at midnight. There was nothing I could do."

Hotel was great, and stay was good, but Victor was rude and not helpful at all. Funny, all the literature in the hotel says they are there to help me in anyway possible. "We promise" it says, and continues, "To make it right. No matter what" Uh huh, not this time!

If you don't arrive after 11:30pm, and don't need to venture out on your own walking around the neighborhood (there is nothing there anyhow), then this hotel is great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ulcinj, Montenegro
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I spent only one night at the hotel before an early flight next morning.
The hotel rooms are nice, high quality bed linen, nice mattress, good bathroom. Everything is brand new, I felt like I was the first person using the room.
However, the first impression was terrible. The hotel is located in the most scary neighborhood around the huge miami international airport.
The reception clerk was not the most polite saying that If I don't use the hotel's garage (not free) that something would probably happen to it and the hotel wouldn't be responsible.
The free breakfast was a joke. Only industrialized food.
For this little staff threat and for the dangerous neighborhood, I wouldn't recommend it. Certainly there're better options around the airport as it is not the cheapest hotel in the area. And it definetely can't be considered for a longer stay.

Tainan, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Staffs are incredible nice and helpfule even some of them speak little English. The best part is high speed wifi available in each room which is helpful for business trip person like me. Close to airport, only five to ten minutes driving distance, and easy access to high way.
The only thing I can complain with is breakfast which is not diversity and fiber enough.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were shocked when we walked in to our room. It is decorated very well, updated. Very clean... It is a perfect location if you are flying out and you can park your car in their garage and take their shuttle back and forth to the airport. It is also only about 2 miles from Coral Gables which is the BEST place for shopping, restaurants, etc. If visiting that area and not wanting to spend the dollars for an expensive hotel, this hotel is a great option and reasonable on the wallet!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

I would recommend this hotel to my friends. Rooms clean and new. Staff polite and very attentive. I'll be staying again on this hotel when I return to Miami. Very nice.

Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites close to Miami Airport for one night after arriving back from the Florida Keys, in order to catch an early morning flight the next day.

A convenient free shuttle bus picked me up at the airport where I dropped my rental car, and the same service brought me back to the check-in the next morning.

The hotel itself as pretty average, I remember nothing really good or bad - maybe except for the thundering air conditioning unit in the room. Either you were frozen and deaf, or the Florida heat and humidity came through.

Room was good sized with enough room for my pile of luggage. Breakfast was "continental" with plastic coffee from plastic cups, on plastic trays, accompanied by muffins wrapped in plastic and cereals - yes: In plastic packs. The huge pile of packaging material and plastic stuff that littered the table was amazing, and for my European taste there was only one solution: Get to the airport as quickly as possible..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo