“big nice room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Highland
“big nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The airport shuttle driver was courteous and check in was a breeze. My room was a nice surprise. I had a suite on the sixth floor. Two large TVs, a sitting room area with a nice sofa and the bed area. Desk, small fridge and microwave. There was a closet with an iron and ironing board plus hair dryer.
The bed was comfortable and i love the white bedspreads. No scary comforters that never get washed.
My only complaint is, as ever, the coffee. All Marriotts have chosen to use a nasty brew. Please serve it at your next board meeting and see for yourselves how truly bad it is!
Breakfast presented the usual options: cereal, waffles, bread products, scrambled eggs and something purported to be bacon. Also yogurt, canned fruit, fresh oranges, juice, instant oatmeal,
Etc.
Good for an airport stay but I did not have time to check out the entire facility. It was quiet in my room and i got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear guest, I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to pass on your comment about the brew of coffee that we use. Thanks for your commnets.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

A good place to stay at. Good location. Near a lot of restaurants. Rooms are clean. Strong wi-fi. A shuttle which departs every 30 minutes I think. Lots of breakfast options. Waffle maker available, a huge plus for me. 3 computer stations downstairs. A security guard on duty in the lobby, something I've never seen before. Parking is the biggest issue for me. There's a significant incline and tight spaces. You've got to be able to park well. Staff gets the job done, and are courteous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Many, many thanks for your review! We are all happy to hear we exceeded expectations!
La Paz, Bolivia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked a 1 night stay for me my wife and 1 year daughter, through booking.com my flight was next day at 11 pm so i asked for a late check out.

Sadly they couldn't help me with this because they don't have late check out rates or day use rates in their system.

Check out time was at 1 pm next day, so i decided to pay an extra night so we could leave the hotel at 7 Pm in order to use the facilities for 6 more hours. (you know with a baby you just can't stay at the airport for so long)

When i talked to the staff they told me that parking will not be charged as an amenity, just because i booked for an extra night.

Not only i had to pay an extra night for the day use, the hotel even charged me the parking space for 2 days !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear guest I am very sorry that we fail to catch this one before you saw it on your card. I can assure you this was an error, as we try to work with our guests as much as possible. Please contact me directly and I will make sure to make it right for you.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. It started by great shuttle service to the hotel and very friendly staff. The room was very modern and contemporary just the way we like it. Restaurants were in walking distance and some night life. Good breakfast ,fast internet and great coffee. the only thing not to good was the pool. A little on the small side. Would've given it five stars if it had a bigger pool. Definitely would stay there again. Loved it!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami. Everything we do is aimed to provide our guests an unforgettable experience and exceed your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again in the near future.
Cayman Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is one of the most conviently located airport hotels. They offer everything from free airport shuttles to free breakfast, rooms are clean , linens are very fresh and clean always. The staff goes way and beyond to accommodate guest, always cheerful and smiling, with a welcoming Hi Mrs.....happy to see. You.....I rate it better than I rate some of the others marriott brands .because of my membership I enjoy suites, which are nicely located to the front of the property and are very spacious. If you drive it is close enough to everywhere.

Room Tip: I like higher floor, but elevator is sow so keep that in mind
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thanks from the staff at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami. We do appreciate it very much, that our work didn’t go unnoticed. Most of it because you felt our goal of building relationships, and not just providing service. Please come back soon.
Fort Pierce, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am giving the hotel the benefit of the doubt here, but I will probably not use it again, mostly because of a teenage group tour that raised Hell until about 4 a.m.

The hotel has good proximity to the airport, but is in a less than ideal location. For some reason, it is elevated above the road level and there are sharp angles in the entry drive that may cause entering cars to hit bottom. The parking garage is below and also has steep inclines in the entry ramps.

On departure, I discussed the noise problem with the manager and she apologized, saying that they were not comfortable with taking in three bus loads of high school kids bound for Disney, but had taken a chance.

Breakfast was acceptable with good variety and attendants.

Given the options in the area, it might be worth another try sometime in the future.

Room Tip: If shopping for overnight hotels in MIA area, it pays to do some careful checking on distance from t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this group might have caused, as they got a little carried away after hours. This by no means reflects the way we provide customer service and we would definitely will love to have you back.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our flight got in at 3am and we were really tired. Hopped a taxi to the hotel (the shuttle stops at 1:30am).

The reception guy was very nice, clean rooms, free breakfast, they gave us a late checkout until 2pm, recommended a great Cuban restaurant and stored our luggage.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. See you next time!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!