“Good value stopover at Miami airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Good value stopover at Miami airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked this hotel for an overnight stop prior to picking up our rental car. Good request pickup shuttle from the airport and the next day we were dropped off at the Car Rental Centre. Very helpful drivers. Checking in was efficient and friendly. Good large room complete with refrigerator.

The included hot breakfast was particularly good with scrambled eggs, bacon and waffles.

Fairfield Inns can be a bit of a hit or miss but this was certainly a hit! Recommended. Free wifi was a plus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you very much from the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami. We certainly appreciate your comments, and hope to see you back very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel has everything one would expect from a Fairfield Inn. The lobby, room, and staff are all above average. The breakfast is well stocked. My only complaints are the numerous fliers found under my door every day (it is a necessary evil in every Miami hotel apparently) and the extraordinarily small pool. The number of fliers implies that the staff is not concerned about security of the building. Not that the area is unsafe, however it is still a concern. And the pool is so small, it is probably better just to not have one and use it for some type of outdoor meeting place.

Room Tip: On the south side of the building, facing away from the airport.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear guest, I want to thank you for your suggestions. The issue with the flyers under the door is something we keep fighting every day. I hope to see you back soon at our hotel.
Bangor County Down
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Well we did have one problem but it was not the hotels fault. Our satnav (brought with us from UK) for our hire car took us to a completely different hotel - however we got there eventually. Warm welcome, good sized room and excellent wifi. The breakfast bar in the morning was really good and as other reviewers have mentioned the attendant was so pleasant and helpful.
Overall an experience to rate highly.

Room Tip: Check you enter the address carefully in your satnav!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
From the Fairfield inn & Suites I want to say thank you from all the associates, we celebrate that you enjoyed your stay and wish you will come to visit us soon.
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night pre-cruise. From the time we called the shuttle from the Airport to arrival was about 15 minutes and just 10 minutes to the hotel. Not much to do or great variety of restaurants in the area, but we did manage to eat at a Fish Restaurant right across the street and it was very good. The room was spotless and odour free. Very comfortable bed and free WiFi. The breakfast was very basic, but enough to start the day. Very friendly staff, always kept the surroundings very clean. There was a pitcher of lemon water in the lobby. After travelling all day and arriving from a very cold climate to a hot climate it is a very nice touch. Sometimes it is the small things like this that can make such a difference. The person at the front desk called us a taxi for our desired time to the cruise port and it was prompt in arriving. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Try not to overlook the gas station....very busy at night and very bright.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Breakfast Bar Attendant, made my stay an excellent within my first visit to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami. I stayed with a Basketball team for several days. My stay was awesome and the staff were "Exceptional". ... the hotel is really well kept, pool was great as well. Rooms are larger than your average Fairfield, from the moment I entered the lobby the atmosphere was very welcoming. This without a doubt one of the nicest Fairfield inn that I ever stayed in. I was running late for my flight, the hotel shuttle had just left. The General manager told me not to worry she would have her Assistant Carlos to take me to the airport. When ever I visit Miami this will be my home away from home.

Room Tip: Awesome service, Large breakfast area, Corner rooms are large.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
What can we say? THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You are the reason and motivation for us every day! Come back soon, as you said this is your home!
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very nice Fairfield!!!3 minutes from Rental Car Center returns,located in a quiet street close to Le Jeune and 7th Avenue.Above the average of the Fairfields.Very good breakfast with hot selections.We booked a suíte and it was very large.The check in was the fastest ever!!!I called in advance and Glenda pre checked us in,it took 2 minutes to get the room key!!
I had a very personal issue:Abercrombie and Hollister failed to deliver my merchandise in the delivered date they set for me.As the packages would arrive after I leave,I begged two front desk employees and a manager(I cant remember his name,a tal grey haired man from Eastern Europe) to send the packages to a friend who lives in Orlando.I would leave the Money for the expenses with Fedex or UPS and some extra Money as a tip to the person who would do it for me but they refused to help me.They were supposed to return this packages in order I could get a refund,but til now,it hasn`t happen.

Room Tip: I Always book suítes for extra room!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest I appreciate your comments and what happens is that for our guest security and protection we do forward some guest packages in US, but we request the prepaid labels from the guest so that we can help on issues like this, but unfortunately we cannot take cash to forward packages.
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great location near the airport with free shuttle. We checked in at 9am, not expecting our room to be ready, which it wasn't but we were offered breakfast (no charge) while they organised our room. Breakfast was average, buffet style, plastic plates and cutlery. Rooms are comfortable with all the amenities you would expect. There is a business centre and free wifi. They have a shuttle service to Dolphin Mall for $10 return.

Room Tip: Pool facing room is good but you have to have the curtains closed if there are guests using the pool...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thanks for your comments as they only provide another insight of our services to our future guests.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!