“Comfort at affordable price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Comfort at affordable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

If you are traveling through Miami and need to stay overnight, this is a great value choice. It is a relatively new hotel, it has the standards of the Marriott hotels, it is clean and friendly and close to the airport with shuttle available. There are a couple of good Cuban and other Latin American restaurants within walking distance and very comfortable rooms. Yes, you can stay at a nearby higher category Marriott, but this is definitively by choice for location and affordability. Hence my high rating in its category. By the way, Spanish comes handy around the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
The crew at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami appreciattes very much you comments. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New Orleans, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

A good choice if you want to be close to the airport, like if you have an early morning flight and don't want to deal with morning rush traffic. I stayed here for business, after not being allowed to cancel from an internet reservation. I was not at all happy with that as it caused me a bigger commute for business, and I let the manager know this, but ultimately probably didn't care.

That said, being forced to stay here, it was a nice hotel, and I was treated well and professionally, even though I am, admittedly, a weird person.
The room had excellent work space and a sectioned off TV room with desk and internet. Bed was very comfortable, but as is the trend with Fairfields, I had difficulty sleeping with the A/C going on and off at five minute intervals since Fairfields and other associated hotels are disabling constant fan ability on A/C units. I am really not happy about this trend because it's easy to sleep when a constant fan can run and lull you to sleep but when the unit goes on and off all night it keeps waking me up. Hate it, so I am docking this hotel one rating point for that alone. Other people don't mind that, but sleep doesn't come so easy to some of us, and I need the option.

Parking is easy enough and safe and you do get a one-time $10 charge for that, but that's Miami and at least it's not $10 a day tacked on your bill when you check out.
There are two very good restaurants -- seafood, and Cuban -- within walking distance. 20 minute drive to Miami Beach; one hour to West Palm; 25 minutes to Homestead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear guest, I wanted to thank you for the time you took to send your comments and expressing how you felt with your last stay with us. I will take in consideration your suggestion about the AC unit when it starts. Finally wanted to explain that when we don’t change prepaid internet reservation is only because the guest had purchased them in advance to an external agent and it is beyond our reach to refund or change a reservation that we had not charged to the guest directly. The bulk business with travel channels go through different rules and regulations that most of the time prohibit us from modifying such bookings. Again thanks for your commnets.
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during our short visit to Miami and oh where do I start the young lady at the front desk Glenda gives service with a smile everything in this hotel is nice its a relatively new hotel so the amenities are modern very uplifting colors I must say. This is a real example of a Marriott we were offered something to drink when we arrived and even housekeeping offered help with luggage and if our family needed anything they were quick to help us. I also must commend the shuttle driver for courtesy and kindness this is the place to stay if you want something near the airport they give service with a smile

• Stayed July 2013
All staff at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, had a smile when I read your comment.. It definitely pays off when our spirit to serve and friendliness is perceived by our guests. It was pleasure to have you here!
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very nice Fairfield. Very spacious rooms, good prices, and pleasant staff. Came for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Was only a short trip to the downtown beaches. Breakfast was decent, too with several options. Good fitness room. Pool is extremely small, though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, hopefully you will be back to this your home in Miami. We appreciate your comments and are happy that you enjoyed our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved everything except the 30 minutes it took the shuttle driver to pick us up at 230am. Great Continental breakfast. Very accommodating staff. Place is ideal way station before or after cruises or flying to Caribe or Latin America

• Stayed July 2013
From the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, we would like to thank you for your comments. Our location allows us to take care of our guests taking a cruise as we have transportation services to the port of Miami. We hope to see you again soon.
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, I want to thanks to General manager Natalia Fernandez for help me in order to get a room. I stayed in this great place from May 26th, 2013 to May 31rst, 2013. I recomend this hotel because is located in a great point and it is really close to the Miami International Airport. It means that you´ll never be late for your check in or departure!

Moreover, my expirence during these days were sweet! You find nice people and a quite place to rest. Furthermore, I would like to inform that I was in Fairfield in August 2012 for 7 wonderful days and that was the reason because I decided to stay in this great place again.

Finally, I want to send many thanks for all the people who work in Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South!

Best regards,

Armando Acosta

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are comfortable & fast to go to the swiming pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
From the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, many thanks for your comments Mr Acosta. Please make this your home in Miami as you are family now! It was a pleasure to have you and we hope to see you soon.
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night after our cruise to relax and see Miami for a day. The reason we chose this hotel because they offer free shuttle to the airport plus a good breakfast. When we checked in, our room was spacious but the carpet was a little dirty. Maybe because of the dark color you can easily tell if it wasn't vacuumed. One of the towels smelled bad so we have to request for a fresh one. The toilet seat has pee stain on it, not sure if someone used it prior to our stay. The beds and pillows were comfy though. Unfortunately, we couldn't sleep because of noise next door to us (3rd floor). They were so obnoxiously loud at 1:30 - 4:00 am like they were having a party?? My husband complained to the front desk 3 times, but they didn't do anything about it. Shuttle service to the airport was prompt, no problem. Breakfast was good, waffles, eggs, sausage etc. Coffees, teas, milk available 24 hrs. at the lobby. Inspite of some issues, over-all, it was good.

Room Tip: Room 337 is facing the gas station. Not a good view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
As the GM of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, I appreciate your feedback as it only helps me to retrain my staff, so that next time, we respond promptly to any noise complaint. Though, I wanted to explain that the color on the water for your toilet is the chemical we used to use and for this reason is that we are switching to a new one that would not leave any color on it. Please come back to visit us in the future.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!