“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 131 hotels in Miami
Calgary
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had booked this through one of the travel sites.

I called the hotel before leaving home for the airport, and asked about the shuttle, as we would be arriving late. Was told just call from airport on arrival. When i called at 11:30, as ,of course the flight was late, was told the shuttle stops at 11:00 PM.
Room and breakfast were very nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
On behalf of the staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, I wanted to thank you for your review of our services and facility. I also apologize for the van not being able to pick you up at the airport as the driver was gone for the day. Please come and visit us again, and if you arrive after midnight let me know so that I can arrange something for you.

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed the night there after mu connection flight was cancelled. Spent only a few hours there but had a ver comfortable room. The staff was very friendly and helpful arranging my early airport transfer. If you are staying in Miami it is definitely a good place to be at close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us.
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We hadn't planned on spending the night in Miami, but American Airlines' tardiness with luggage delivery decreed otherwise. It was getting late and we were tired and hungry and wanted to find ourselves a bed. Everywhere seemed full but Fairfield Inn was not though they only had suites left.
It did what it was meant to - friendly, prompt service; excellent wifi; their suites meant extra space; it was all very clean; there was a jolly good breakfast the next morning; and it was a short walk to the restaurants.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to see that we are keeping our promises. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
South Haven, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Not even here for 12 hours, but a pleasant welcome and near some good restaurants. Very fresh looking, colorful. Good coffee 24 hrs, Comfortable bed, fridge, coffee maker and nice bath. Quiet room.

Easy access to electrical outlets.

Really excellent shuttle drivers who gave an excellent recommendation for supper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our goal is to satisfy our guests needs and exceed your expectations. I hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I came in for a meeting and stayed one night. I had a very nice stay at the Fairfield. The airport is abit confusing because MIA has only one place to drop off and pick up hotel customers so I was relieved when the free shuttle arrived for me (I thought I was in the wrong place waiting). The friendly driver shared that because my meeting was within their policy 2 mile range the shuttle driver could take me and pick me up. How nice!

The room was very comfortable and although the outdoor whirlpool area was finishing some construction work, they arranged for me to sit in the sun on a lounger while I waited for my 5pm meeting.

The location is 1 mile from the airport and across the street from Catch of The Day Seafood Bar & Grill. I ate there twice, and down the street is a Latin Café. I had a delicious Cortadito coffee and a large salad.

My stay included breakfast, and although I only ate light, there was a very wide range of food to keep everyone satisfied.
Next time I come to Miami and am not staying in South Beach, I would stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your last stay in our hotel. We appreciate our guests feedback in order for us to improve our facilities and satisfy our guests needs. Our pool renovation in completed and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed after a cruise and prior to returning home. It's near the airport and the surrounding area isn't brilliant but fine for one or two night stay as there are good Cuban restaurants that are within a 2 minute walk.

There is a shuttle bus that does the hotel run and for $10 will take you to dolphin mall for some retail therapy. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the airport that runs every 30 minutes - just make sure you make the reception staff aware. If you want to go downtown then get to the metro station and its $4 return - great value or approx $25 dollar taxi one way

There is free wifi throughout the hotel and the rooms have large flat screen televisions. Rooms are spacious and with free breakfast and friendly staff not much more you can ask for

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear guest, you do know how to resume the facts that are important to the traveler. We thank you very much for your comments and hope to see you back very soon.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here with family and friends with three rooms booked prior to cruise vacation. Close location to MIA airport. Shady part of town, but do not affect the hotel. Gated parking garage. Free shuttle was prompt (made an extra trip to pick us up on request). Driver was courteous and assisted with luggage. We found the lobby (as the rest of the hotel) to be refreshing, clean, and modern. Front desk personnel couldn't have been nicer. Rooms were spacious, quiet, and clean. Flatscreen TV, free WiFi. Front desk assisted in getting a taxi so we could travel to South Beach for dinner. Following morning, we all enjoyed the continental breakfast w/ waffles, scrambled eggs, and other variety. Front desk again assisted in hailing two taxis to the port of Miami. No complaints from here. Ideal place to stay for an overnight trip. We will very likely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest we all appreciate your comments very much. I am happy to see we accomplish our goal. We would love to have you back soon.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!