“Another great cruise hotel option for Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Another great cruise hotel option for Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My sister and I were doing a cruise out of Miami and needed a place for one night. They have a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The room was spacious, had a microwave and a table. We were quickly checked in, and the elevators were fast - yahoo - I hate slow elevators. The hotel was actually very quiet - no noise from planes overhead. The breakfast in the morning was great and had lots of options. They offer a shuttle for $12.00 per person to the cruise pier which was in a nice smaller bus with a trailer for the luggage. You sign up for what time you want to leave, and it was seamless and about the same as a taxi if there is only 2 of you. All in all, a good option if you want to avoid paying for a taxi to take you to coconut grove and then another taxi to the cruise pier.

Room Tip: Since this was a very quiet hotel, I think most rooms would be great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear guest, my staff and I are loving your comment. Thank, thanks, thanks. What can I say? This is why we work with a smile in our faces every day ! PLease come back and visit us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good, straight-at-you mid-level franchise property. Staff was very courteous and helpful to me and my two young daughters. Kitchen/eating area worker was lovely and kind. Housekeeper was pleasant. Thoughtful and gracious (weekend) manager (male) and front desk (woman). Our room did overlook noisy restaurant/entertainment place at night, so on weekends, you may want to avoid that side. Clean and efficient. Decor is a little dated, but it is what it is and does it well. My girls liked it!

Room Tip: Maybe avoid overlooking restaurant/bar on weekends because of later night music.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We loved having you and your little ones here! Come back soon, this is your home in Miami!
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Picked this hotel because of their overnight shuttle service. Well it didnt work out called hotel ring ring nothing waited and waited as I saw shuttles come and go. After a hour gave up got a cab agent during the shift had no apology. Got to my room bathroom had hairs nd dirty towels. Front Desk states they had no rooms. In the morning I explained what happend and nothing. Last but not least I decided to give a shot to the shuttle service in the morning but guess what it was worse. Driver was latin starts Rafael driving fast to the airport and got very rude because I didnt not tip him. I know spanish and know what he was staying.

As a Marriott rewards member I was insulted

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear guest, I am very surprised and sorry to hear about your experience with the service at the hotel. And while I value you pointing out the name of your driver, I would like to have a chance to ask you some other questions to take actions with housekeeping and front desk, as we only seek total guest satisfaction. Please call me at 786.4562100. Again please excuse any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked this hotel for a short layover so we could get a good nights sleep and shower before continuing on to the Caribbean. Before I booked I called the hotel directly to verify they had a airport shuttle. I was told their shuttle runs every hour and half hour to the airport.
We arrived into MIA picked up our bags and called the shuttle at 10:48p.m.. The man on the phone informed me that the van would be leaving in a few minutes. Called again at 11:10 , and was told by the front desk that he would call the van driver. Waited 15 more minutes and called again, this time a female answered the phone and said she would send the driver, and believed that he was out getting gas for van!! What?!
During this time I saw various other hotel vans go by two and three times, including the Doubletree.
Finally called 5 minutes later ( approx 11:30) and was told that the driver was out getting gas and will be there in a few minutes. Finally the shuttle shows up at 11:38! No apologies, just matter of fact. The biggest shock, was that the drive from the time we left the terminal until we arrived at the hotel was less than 5 minutes!! Really, more like 4 minutes. I could not understand why it took almost an hour to get there, from first call.
There was one person ahead of us in line using an "airline voucher" so that took an additional 8-10 mins! Went up to the two "queen" bed room, which was very small and stuffy.

Tried for 8 minutes to get the fan/airconditioning on before calling the front desk. It must have a cost saving motion sensor, but it did finally turn on and then 10 minutes later promptly shut off! No air circulation in a small hotel room in Miami ! (about 76 degrees/humidity)

I know waiting an extra 30 minutes may not be much, but when you've paid almost $200 for a room for 9 hours , and you have two young tired children who want to go to bed! Every minute counts!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest I’m sorry to hear that you had to wait for the shuttle driver to fill out the van with gas, and that such took 30 minutes of your time. Regarding the AC units they do work with a sensor, but even though these first 2 weeks of February have been “cold” for us (on the 50’s) the unit will still work if required. I’m really sorry that the wait time for the shuttle ruined the experience for you. Thanks for your comments.
Reno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hi Guys -- Let me just start by saying I generally LOVE Fairfield Inns. We have stayed at them across the U.S. and just love them. Usually.

But this one was a little different. Still decorated in the same way. Still has AMAZING beds and pillows!

But our room was a little dirty. A GIANT hairball was in the corner of the room (which I promptly picked up with a Kleenex and threw in the garbage!) so it didn't seem that the room was vacuumed properly.

The couch was really uncomfortable too.

The washer and dryer located in the building seems pretty ancient. The dryer got stuck on a spin for-ev-er. Even though it showed that there was 1 minute left, it just kept spinning! For like 10 minutes! I finally had to unplug it, and replug it in again, and that seemed to do the trick because within a minute it stopped.

And as others have said, it's in a really noisy location. Fortunately, the air con/heater/fan thingy in the window was loud so we could drown out the street noise.

Would I stay here again? Probably because the price was right. Is it on par with other Fairfields? No.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear guest thank you for your comments, I have addressed your comment with housekeeping. Regarding the drier, thanks for letting me know as they are still under warranty, ever since they are as new as the building, only 2 years old !
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Originally had reservations at the Marriott Courtyard Downtown Miami, but due to a change in circumstances (no fault of the hotel) we had to move our reservations to this particular Fairfield Inn. We stayed a total of 7 days to attend the Miami Boat Show, the Coconut Grove Arts Festival, and other events. Although we found the "2 queen sized beds" room a little small for 3 adults, it was comfortable enough nonetheless. The room was made up nicely each day, so no complaint there. Julia, one of the receptionists, was very helpful and very patient with our endless questions, as this was our first time in Miami. Particularly helpful was being told how to catch the metro into downtown Miami as this cost $2.00, instead of the $25 for a cab .... and the metro stop was only 3 blocks away. Additionally helpful was that there was a K-Mart and Winn-Dixie about the same distance away, and having a refrigerator in the room allowed us to stock up on water, juice, soda, fruit, etc. So accordingly, we found the hotel, and the area, "more comfortable that expected". Of note is that the hotel is very close to the airport so airplane noise may bother some travelers ... it didn't effect our stay at all. Also of note is that the breakfast was more than just a "continental" breakfast .... not much more, but adequate enough to fill you up with a good start in the morning.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms, and rooms on the south side of the hotel may have less airplane noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. On the same side I wanted to inform that we will be upgrading our already good breakfast to include those that would like some warm scrambled eggs and sausages in their breakfast!. We hope to see you back soon!
Quebec City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

i called 5 times the hotel within 30 minutes for shuttle pick up.. to get and Answering machine. A Marriott? Reception would not answer (too busy answering clients the kid at reception said). i waited for one hour for someone to pick me up. i finally had to call my wife (who was already at hotel) to go to reception and plead my case.
No manager or person in charge to complain too.
If you need relyable shuttle and reception service go somewhere else. Other than that rooms are fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest I appreciate your comments and would make sure to address such with the front desk staff, as our priority is to provide an excellent service to our guest from the van to the check out.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!